Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #28 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what self defense murder starts with a knife? Reasoning would suggest it would start with a bashing and a knife reached for during the attack which would have meant a trip downstairs... I want to hear how that is explained to the jury. Also if it wasn't a gun in the home has she explained her possession and use of it? Sorry .. Still catching up.

She hasn't gotten that far in her testimony yet. After 2 1/2 days on the witness stand, she had brought us to Feb 14, 2007.
The murder took place on June 4, 2008, so we still have a while until we hear about the murder.

Doubt it. Go look at a pic of a .25 of you don't already know what one looks like. It's like a toy and practically is. If it's not held directly to your temple or the base of your skull (which it wasn't in this case) it probably won't kill you and is most definitely worth the chance of trying to knock it out of the perps hands.
BBM

Would you give a toss whether or not it was a .25 or a big azz shotgun if some crazy SOB is threatening to but a bullet in you? I wouldn't. I doubt Travis was calmly thinking about the gun being a .25

IMO

If they do read here, I have a few questions. To begin, what's it like to abandon all morals and ethics and verbally assault a deceased victim's memory and reputation with no proof? :seeya:

A question I would like to know from the DT:

And how much exactly did you get paid for the one way ticket to hell??

She hasn't gotten that far in her testimony yet. After 2 1/2 days on the witness stand, she had brought us to Feb 14, 2007.
The murder took place on June 4, 2008, so we still have a while until we hear about the murder.

Well that should be interesting!! She's got nothing .. A guy in her position would have gone for a plea .. It infuriates me how women murderers always go the 'I was abused' defense.

Oh yeah I agree it was so the grandparents gun! I just want to hear her try and explain one being there!

Gotcha. I wasn't clear on what exactly you knew as far as the gun. It will be most interesting to hear Jodi explain (lie)

that's the thing. <mod snip> If you look at my OP you will see that the only thing I reject is that Travis was a "hostage." I think he was surprised with the gun while seated in the shower and totally unable to defend himself. My point was that I don't believe he was a hostage because he would have (probably successfully) defended himself if he had a chance, but didn't.

It's frustrating.

What is your description of a "hostage"? While some might think it is to take someone at gunpoint and not allow them to leave, others might think it is locking them in a closet. And, some might only consider "hostages" as being held for long periods of time. If a person is held against their will for any amount of time, some consider it being held hostage. It's just not as easy as some think or, it is easier than some think. What is your definition? Because you didn't give it in your OP.

OT: Did anyone watch 48 Hours Mystery and see the previews for next week's episode?

Does anyone know what case that is? A little boy calls 911 and says that someone shot him, his sister, little baby and his mother and grandmother.

and they brought in someone from the army???? to the police station.

I'm trying to wrack my brain thinking of what case this is.

I didn't see the clip but sounds like Brent Burke in KY (don't read link if you don't want more details on the story!):

http://www.wave3.com/story/18184922...-martial-of-double-murder-suspect-brent-burke

Oh and also agree that her so called plea proposition was more of a threat!

HI,
When the DT is done questioning JA, Juan will have his turn at cross, then the DT will have another chance (Redirect). Then the next witness.

I Juan-a be there for when she starts trembling under cross examination! :great:

BBM

Would you give a toss whether or not it was a .25 or a big azz shotgun if some crazy SOB is threatening to but a bullet in you? I wouldn't. I doubt Travis was calmly thinking about the gun being a .25

IMO

Oh, most definitely, I would. I some guy broke into my house carrying a .25 I would DEFINITELY have a run at him. If he was carrying a shot-gun or a 9mm, not so much.

Gotcha. I wasn't clear on what exactly you knew as far as the gun. It will be most interesting to hear Jodi explain (lie)

I thought she might have already explained it to police or media and I hadn't read about it yet ...

that's the thing. <mod snip> If you look at my OP you will see that the only thing I reject is that Travis was a "hostage." I think he was surprised with the gun while seated in the shower and totally unable to defend himself. My point was that I don't believe he was a hostage because he would have (probably successfully) defended himself if he had a chance, but didn't.

It's frustrating.

Why frustrating? Everyone has their own opinions. I'm wavering back and forth myself on the held hostage in the shower...right now I'm still sticking with she surprised him with the knife thrust into his heart.. Few more frontal stabs to hands and chest as he tried to escape the shower. Stumbled to sink... Coughed tried to flee by crawling down that hallway....she's stabbing the back of him. He receives cuts to the back of his hands trying to protect his head...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your description of a "hostage"? While some might think it is to take someone at gunpoint and not allow them to leave, others might think it is locking them in a closet. And, some might only consider "hostages" as being held for long periods of time. If a person is held against their will for any amount of time, some consider it being held hostage. It's just not as easy as some think or, it is easier than some think. What is your definition? Because you didn't give it in your OP.

Hostage as defined in minor4th's op, which is what started the discussion. He was tied up, duct taped, etc., etc.

Doubt it. Go look at a pic of a .25 of you don't already know what one looks like. It's like a toy and practically is. If it's not held directly to your temple or the base of your skull (which it wasn't in this case) it probably won't kill you and is most definitely worth the chance of trying to knock it out of the perps hands.

That is also not true. You can kill a person with a BB gun. You can kill someone with a pellet gun. It isn't about the caliber of a round. You have to look at muzzle velocity. Do you have information that says the muzzle velocity of this .25 caliber gun?

Besides that, the slit throat is what actually killed him...so not sure that this isn't a moot point...

I thought she might have already explained it to police or media and I hadn't read about it yet ...

I dont know if she said anything to LE or not. I haven't viewed all of the tapes. Anyone?

Oh, most definitely, I would. I some guy broke into my house carrying a .25 I would DEFINITELY have a run at him. If he was carrying a shot-gun or a 9mm, not so much.
And he pops off two shots in your head before you can reach him.

Let's put this another way: most of us could not care less what type of gun is pointed at us, we only care that it's a real gun, with real bullets that can kill us. I doubt Travis was familiar enough with guns to say, 'gosh, it's just a puny .25 i'll have a run at her.' He was probably like most other people where gun ='s death.

All of this is moot anyway, the bottom line is Travis was a healthy young man who tried to defend himself and lost.

All just IMO, of course.

Well that should be interesting!! She's got nothing .. A guy in her position would have gone for a plea .. It infuriates me how women murderers always go the 'I was abused' defense.

I wouldn't care if jurors weren't dumb as socks and buy it hook line and sinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members