CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep ! a Reward would help . if it's $ 20 mill ,i'll start looking now. Giving a new truck is NOT good enough .those cops Broke about 15 laws in doing so , How are they going to sweep this under the rug. Breaking ANY law to catch him ,only demotivates the public search.

His confidence must be shaken by now. He tried to steal a boat & failed. He dropped his briefcase & badge on the street. He dumped his ammo in a trash bin & it was found & turned in. Then he lost his truck & had to abandon guns and ammo.

He claimed to be a real Rambo type in his manifesto - but he's made too many mistakes. IMO, he's not as clever as he portrays himself to be. More of a show-off than a serious threat. Who in their right mind sends a list of targets to a tv show before they kill all the targets?

I am sure there are many unemployed former military that will search given the big reward. Likely for a lot less than 20 millions.

He is accused of killing 3 people so far. Obviously he is a very serious threat. And now he apparently disappeared. I am not aware of any credible sightings of him since his truck was found.

Finding bits and pieces:

"Investigators found weapons inside the truck, suggesting Dorner may have abandoned the truck in an unplanned hurry.

Former LAPD Chief William Bratton told the "Today Show" on Saturday that evidence suggests Dorner's truck may have become stuck in the mud. Previously, it was speculated that the truck may have been intentionally set ablaze as a distraction.

Investigators on Saturday were also trying to determine whether the truck's axle was broken when they found it, or if it was fractured while being towed from the forestry road.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...op-Wanted-in-Revenge-Shootings-190588451.html

I originally wondered if he had a get away vehicle stashed somewhere and he just didn't make it all the way to it. He probably carried what he could and torched the rest.

They should offer a million dollar reward, that would generate some interest.

Pardon if this has been posted already.

FUNERAL SET

A funeral for the slain Riverside officer was scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at The Grove Community Church, 19900 Grove Community Drive, Riverside. An honor guard will accompany the officer’s casket to Riverside National Cemetery.

Riverside police Chief Sergio Diaz has asked that the officer’s name not be disclosed to protect his family. But the chief said he expected to release the name by Monday.

Beck said 50 police officers targeted by Dorner and their families are under around-the-clock police protection that will continue as long as necessary.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/local-...aims-truck-had-broken-axle-weapons-inside.ece

I never believed the statement that "he has gone from the hunter to the hunted". jmo

Yes, he did.

I found that portion very interesting, because it seems he's half feeling it's deserved and everyone else's fault in one breath, while thinking it's partially something going on inside of him in another breath.

If it weren't for the tragic nature of the situation, that alone would be interesting. As it stands, though, all I'm interested in is seeing him neutralized.

Here is a really interesting interview with Phil Tingirides, done last year, a series looking back at the Los Angeles riots:

http://www.oncentral.org/news/2012/04/30/remembering-riots-places-were-gutted-everywhere/

Remembering the Riots: 'Places were gutted everywhere'
April 30, 2012, 12:18 p.m.
By José Martinez
OnCentral

"This is the first in a series of Q&As with members of the South L.A. community about the riots of 1992.

Captain Phillip Tingirides of the LAPD's Southeast Division was around for both of South Los Angeles' major riots: the ones in 1965 and the ones that happened 20 years ago in 1992.

A native Angeleno, Tingirides entered the LAPD in 1980 after a stint in the military. His first division was Southeast – at the time, a station that was only a couple years old. Over the next three-plus decades, he's worked in several divisions on a wide variety of assignments, including vice, gangs, community relations and administration. He's done a lot of patrol time and was deeply involved in the Rampart Scandal investigation in the late '90s, which some say is the point that marks beginning of the LAPD's attempt to begin a transformation of its organization.

He remembers the Watts Riots of '65 like it was yesterday. "I can very vividly remember looking east down Century Boulevard and seeing the smoke, seeing the fires," he said. After those riots, Tingirides, seven at the time, remembers watching a police car with two cops pull someone over. When he asked his grandmother why there were two, she said, "Well, since the riots, things have really gotten bad around here.""

Much, much more. Very, very interesting, helps to understand why the Los Angeles police department is viewed not so favorably by some (and not without good reason, imo).

His confidence must be shaken by now. He tried to steal a boat & failed. He dropped his briefcase & badge on the street. He dumped his ammo in a trash bin & it was found & turned in. Then he lost his truck & had to abandon guns and ammo.

He claimed to be a real Rambo type in his manifesto - but he's made too many mistakes. IMO, he's not as clever as he portrays himself to be. More of a show-off than a serious threat. Who in their right mind sends a list of targets to a tv show before they kill all the targets?

I don't know how many of those were mistakes and how many were meant to make LE look like they were scrambling.

However, I totally agree about the last sentence. Had he not named himself, he could have taken out at least half his list before LE figured out who they were looking for. That does not seem very strategic at all if his true goal was to take those people out. Maybe his true goal was to make LE look inept. I don't know.

I don't know how many of those were mistakes and how many were meant to make LE look like they were scrambling.

However, I totally agree about the last sentence. Had he not named himself, he could have taken out at least half his list before LE figured out who they were looking for. That does not seem very strategic at all if his true goal was to take those people out. Maybe his true goal was to make LE look inept. I don't know.

He said what his goal is. He wants an apology from LAPD and his name cleared. Which would be hard to do if he didn't name himself.

I found that portion very interesting, because it seems he's half feeling it's deserved and everyone else's fault in one breath, while thinking it's partially something going on inside of him in another breath.

If it weren't for the tragic nature of the situation, that alone would be interesting. As it stands, though, all I'm interested in is seeing him neutralized.

I think he blames LAPD for all of it, including his depression. He wants his brain examined. But even though he appears to realize that there is something wrong with his mental state, he still blames LAPD for it.

Dorner's LAPD is on the way out ( link )
By Connie Rice, LA Times, February 9, 2013, 6:51 p.m.

There won't be a happy ending to Christopher Dorner's quest for vengeance against the Los Angeles Police Department. Nothing justifies his murder of innocents or his threats against LAPD personnel and their families. The only positive thing that can possibly be said at the moment is that today's LAPD is in the hands of new leaders who are slowly but surely ending the old subculture that Dorner describes in his online manifesto.

[...]

I have no idea whether, as Dorner alleges, the LAPD falsely accused Dorner and retaliated against him for reporting the abuse of a civilian. But I know many black officers who received nothing but vicious retaliation for trying to report the same kind of abuse. And I know what my clients, Myrna Lewis, Terry Tipton and others suffered for reporting their racially abusive mistreatment and the sabotage they endured for demanding the end of the LAPD's hostile mistreatment of minority women. I don't know whether Dorner was wrongfully terminated, but I do know that my clients were unfairly forced out of the LAPD because they chose to fight the racism and sexism of the Blue Grip. It is important to acknowledge this history if we are to understand and overcome the disturbing support for Dorner's manifesto from the black community on the Internet and on black radio, and if we are to ever free ourselves from the toxic wake of the LAPD's past.

Dorner is absolutely wrong when he states in the manifesto that "the department has not changed since the Rampart and Rodney King days." It's not surprising that someone who feels he has unjustly lost everything would want to lash out, but in this case he is demonstrably wrong. The LAPD has definitely changed at the top and is currently in the process of changing its old guard culture.

So, I had a thought. I know, not worth much...but still.

Dorner mentions The Walking Dead television show in his manifesto. Says he is sorry he'll miss the mid-season premiere. That mid-season premiere airs tonight, at 9 pm, in the So Cal area.

Bear with me...the episode will be available for purchase within 30 minutes of it's conclusion on Amazon. (I know this because I buy them, lol).

In his manifesto, he also says he's 'gone off grid', which may mean he can't be located by normal means - cell phones, computer access, et ctera.

I purchase, and watch, TWD show on my Kindle. Now, I do need internet access, but I'm wondering if he's going to watch TWD tonight...either after it airs (after 10 pm) or after he can purchase and watch it via Amazon (roughly 11:30ish).

All this is to say I'm thinking that perhaps he will make his presence known after the mid-season premiere.

Like I said...not worth much. But at this point, nowhere knows where he is, and that's a huge concern to LE and families...so I was just trying to think about when Dorner'd come out of hiding and resume his targeting and killing.

Best-
Herding Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members