CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is the last sentence in the one I have 2/7/13

(Do not waste your time with briefs or tabletops.)

Thanks button wasn't enough.

Now, WHY would it end like that? Any thoughts, anyone?

I think he typed it up in word, and then copied and pasted it into Facebook, which likely has a 11000 character limit. He hit enter and didn't notice it cut off in mid rant / sentence.

If it was someone adding to it I think they would have finished the sentence... Just my $.02 though...

Well, well, well

http://nation.time.com/2013/02/10/lapd-to-reopen-probe-into-fugitive-ex-cops-firing/

I've seen the text of all the testimonies. One of those anonymous people leaked them. They're out there if anyone wants to google them. Still, it's all up in the air as to who was telling the truth, but it does appear that 3 people would have had to lie, Dorner, Mr. G and his father. The problem with Mr. G, the son, is he is very disabled mentally, but he did tell his father he was kicked by a female officer.

The truth could be that Dorner was right about this, and Dorner could also be paranoid. One doesn't necessarily exclude the other. He asked for reintegration training. Apparently he did two six month tours of duty with the Navy right after graduating from the police academy. To then send him out on patrol, even supervised is well expecting a lot from someone. Hard to switch straight from military service to dealing with the public.

Even if Dorner was telling the truth, what he has done is an absolute travesty.

If you look at the psychologies of mass murderers in general, they tend to be delusional and see persecution where none exists. Why should this guy be different?

Witnesses saw no police brutality that night and the person arrested did not mention being kicked at all until he was questioned much, much later and asked if he was kicked. Then, he mentioned being kicked but in the chest, not the face.

Further, dorner did not accuse the female officer of this abuse until after she gave him a bad review which was weeks later.

I'm just not prepared to believe the ravings of a murderer who has listed every perceived slight dating to kindergarten.

I don't think he is on the mountain. I think the burning truck was a red herring. he has had a LOT of time to plan this-perhaps years...I do think he has several hide-aways already planned, probably stashed with food, mre's, clothes and weaponss. I think he can freely (and carefully) move from one place to another...possibly with disguises or changing of vehicles. I think these places will be near to, but not too close, his intended targets. I think he will hide out awhile, until there is less active search for him, and reduced LE manpower. I think he is keep[ing a close eye on the families of his perceived 'enemies' and will wait until people and families start to feel safe again. Perhaps future attacks will coincide with a future storm, or disasters...he knows he has all the time in the world. In his mind, he could wait years if he needs to. He waited all these years, stowing up injustices...whats a few more months? JMO

To me it comes down to whether he actually got stuck in the mud and/or broke his axle, or not. Because if he did, his plans went awry.

I don't believe Dorner for a second. He's obviously physiologically disturbed and has been for quite a long time. He has murdered people and expects me to believe that he did the right thing by turning in a cop that kicked someone in the face? Doubtful. Somebody find him and somebody put him away.

Thank you.

Good AM to Y'All Crime Solvers. ( Yawn) i had a dream the ghost of Kelly Thomas was helping Chris Dorner. Here's the Charlie Sheen Vid for those that missed it.: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/09/christopher-dorner-charlie-sheen-lapd-manhunt/

You know, Kelly Thomas was a fixture in my neighborhood, especially around the train tracks, for years. I used to see him all the time and he was known by all of us to be a gentle man.

I also know his father pretty well having been a part of Kelly's Army, protesting his murder for over a year, and meeting every Saturday for weeks to march and protest the lack of an arrest of the officers who murdered him.

I can tell you that neither Kelly nor his father would want to assist the cold blooded murderer of innocents.

Once again I find one of your posts highly offensive, although I admit that this time it is a subtle attempt to cast dorner as a folk hero in a fight against an evil enemy.

Kelly Thomas would be disgusted by the likes of this coward.

Below is the last sentence in the one I have 2/7/13

(Do not waste your time with briefs or tabletops.)

I remember reading that.

I've misplaced some of the manifesto files on my computer. I'll look for what I've got when I get home from work.

I remember reading that.

I've misplaced some of the manifesto files on my computer. I'll look for what I've got when I get home from work.

I did a search and there are a couple sites that do have the original but for the most part their running with the shall I say, (acceptance speech) version.

I for one do not think/believe that the part that is getting the most attention in the manifesto (actors/politicians) was written by CD but added by someone and everybody is running with it cause it sells soap. But that's just me. I saw and read and posted the original and there is NO mention of CS or the other actors. But I guess it makes for good conversation even though its not true. jmo
Good point. This version ( pdf link ) does not include the actor section that is in other versions. Unfortunately, so many versions were circulated, it's hard to know which version is authentic.

I have the G-c original now via a European site.

My "intent" was not to offend. funny how this keeps happening. i applaud your efforts w/ the Kelly Thomas case and any help for his Dad is honorable!! Kudos for that. i paint "landscapes" not ,Chris Dorners, in a good light. Unless ,your not from this area ,(Like you are) it's very hard to see the Justice from the "Forest".i hate Dorner!! and all he stands for !!! is this clear enough? i hope he listens to the Mayor and turns himself in ,with no more harm to anyone. Period. <modsnip> there's a Live news update @ 1:00 pacific time on Dorner case via LAPD ,tune everyone

My "intent" was not to offend. funny how this keeps happening. i applaud your efforts w/ the Kelly Thomas case and any help for his Dad is honorable!! Kudos for that. i paint "landscapes" not ,Chris Dorners, in a good light. Unless ,your not from this area ,(Like you are) it's very hard to see the Justice from the "Forest".i hate Dorner!! and all he stands for !!! is this clear enough? i hope he listens to the Mayor and turns himself in ,with no more harm to anyone. Period.

I don't think you were trying to offend at all. But I do think the post was a subtle message, one I do not like. Otherwise, why mention a victim of the most heinous police brutality as wanting to help a man who claims his actions are necessary to expose brutality and corruption?

Perhaps I am being sensitive but I just don't see cold-blooded murderers of innocent human beings as ever having any kind of a rational point or justification or sympathetic back story, or as unable to control themselves because they have been taken to their breaking point or are too mentally ill to know what they are doing.

That goes for this creep, for jodi arias, for the coward who killed the babies of Newtown and the coward who massacred a crowd of people trying to enjoy a night out in Colorado.

I'd love to see a map with all the points of interest pinned.....or at least a list of all the addresses or general areas of points of interest along with dates. I might take a stab at making a map eventually when I have the time if no one else does. I sure hope LE finds CD soon before he hurts anyone else.

Some questions I have.....
Why did he throw a magazine of bullets, a military belt and helmet in the trash?
Also why did he leave his badge and wallet where he did?
Do you suppose it was all to just throw LE off as to where he was headed or maybe to stir up more fear in that it makes it seem as though he isn't afraid of being tracked etc?

MSM reports that his truck is gray, but the truck in the sur cam (dumping the mag) looks very dark in color especially compared to the truck found that was burned. Am I missing something here or are these different trucks?
The photos of the burned truck look to me like there are dents/damage on the doors...is that normal when metal burns? And the front bumper looks to be missing...??

Regarding CD's manifesto....the version that ends with " Do not waste your time with briefs and tabletops" is incomplete as a lengthier version is on the web (specifically on FOXla) that includes mention of specific friends of his by name. At least one has come forward stating he was told by LE that he was named in the document. IMO the entire rant (including the portion regarding celebrities and potential future Presidential candidates) is his.

Sadly-Dorner has become a folk hero to some. Maybe not to you and I-but to some, he is. IMO that just adds to the scariness of it all. Twitter is "abuzz" with statements from all over the country.

He needs to be caught, the sooner the better. IMO his silence is hurting the LAPD -and he knows that.

I for one am happy that they are going to take a second look at this. What have they got to lose if they are telling the truth? right?

Lots of lessons to be learned from this. I am praying for all those who have been touched by this.

Dorner's rant puts focus on evolving LAPD legacy ( link )

The LAPD was once synonymous with violent and bigoted officers, whose culture and brand of street justice was depicted by Hollywood in films like "L.A. Confidential" and "Training Day."

But Dorner's problems at the LAPD, which ended with his dismissal in 2008, played out as the officer ranks were growing more diverse and then-Chief William Bratton was working hard to mend relations with long-skeptical minorities.

[...]

Civil rights attorney Connie Rice said the department should review the Dorner case and his claims, while stressing that she is not defending the suspect in any way and is shocked by the attacks.

"The open racism of the days before is gone," said Rice, who closely tracks racial issues inside the department. "The overall culture has improved enormously."

[...]

On Friday, a community of online sympathizers formed, echoing complaints against police that linger in some communities. One Facebook page supporting Dorner, which had over 2,300 fans by Friday evening, said "this is not a page about supporting the killing of innocent people. It's supporting fighting back against corrupt cops and bringing to light what they do."

Dorner's case is complicated.

[...]

Richard Gettler, the schizophrenic man's father, gave testimony that supported Dorner's claim. After his son was returned home on July 28, 2007, Richard Gettler asked "if he had been in a fight because his face was puffy" and his son responded that he was kicked twice in the chest by a police officer.

However, Dorner's report to internal affairs came two weeks after the arrest, police and court records allege. Civilian and police witnesses said they didn't see Evans kick the man, who had a scratch on his cheek consistent with his fall into a bush. A police review board ruled against Dorner, leading to his dismissal.

Here's an excerpt of court opinion regarding Dormer's appeal.

Christopher Dormer v Los Angeles PD ( court opinion )
Decision of the Trial Court

Appellant filed a petition for writ of administrative mandamus, which the trial court denied. The court stated that, after an independent review of the administrative record, the court was "uncertain whether the training officer kicked the suspect or not." Because the court was not convinced that the administrative findings were wrong, the court found that appellant failed to carry his burden of establishing that the administrative findings were contrary to the weight of the evidence. The court also rejected appellant's contention that the Board shifted the burden of proof by requiring him to prove the training officer kicked the suspect. Finally, the court rejected appellant's contention that the Board members were biased. The court reasoned that no other witness testified that Sergeant Evans kicked Gettler and that the issue came down to a determination of the relative credibility of appellant and Sergeant Evans. The court thus denied appellant's petition for writ of mandate and entered judgment in favor of respondents. Appellant filed a timely notice of appeal.

With a $1,000,000 on his head.Do you think this will segregate information ,that could be used to help find him? Just sayin'...

I'd love to see a map with all the points of interest pinned.....or at least a list of all the addresses or general areas of points of interest along with dates. I might take a stab at making a map eventually when I have the time if no one else does. I sure hope LE finds CD soon before he hurts anyone else.
Betty P posted her latest most XLNT map in the current scanner thread, pg 2/10:40am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam