CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA times is now reporting LE is "Scaling-back" the Big Bear search. I KNEW IT ! I SAID IT LAST NIGHT W/ YOU GUYS!!! HE'S NOT UP THERE!

The guy is dead. More than likely he committed suicide already. He did everything he set out to do, he released his manifesto, got media attention drawn to it with his shooting spree and has put the LAPD under the microscope. There was nothing else for him to do, and he had to know once he killed the cops that there was no way he was coming out of this alive.

LA times is now reporting LE is "Scaling-back" the Big Bear search. I KNEW IT ! I SAID IT LAST NIGHT W/ YOU GUYS!!! HE'S NOT UP THERE!
I think he is, and they just can't afford the overtime, or they want him to think it's safer to surface. There is NO evidence he left the mountain, and I think he got stuck up there, holed up and is laying low, or is dead. There are many, many places he could hide up there.
Unless he has a vehicle, it won't be easy getting off the mountain. You are talking 7,000 ft. above sea level, and snowy road conditions.
I don't think torching the truck was a diversion. I think he improvised and felt he had to, when the axle broke so that LE wouldn't get the remaining weapons.

I completely agree. He definitely had time to get down the mountain before anyone even knew what had occurred earlier in the morning. The fact that he intentionally set his truck on fire (or so it seems as we haven't heard of anything mechanically wrong with the truck that caused the fire) makes me believe he wants police up there looking for him....because he isn't there.

IT is brutal and labor intensive to search in the BB area. To manipulate LE and search and rescue into wasting man hours and personnel up there would be an excellent distraction.
Don't misunderstand- I think that search is necessary and required and they are doing the right thing. There are so many trucks in that area, again especially at this time of year, that I do not think many would have even noticed his truck on the side of the road. Could have moved it off to a slightly camouflaged area and bought even more time.
But he chose to torch it.
Fire + big bear= disaster that gets everyone's attention.

I believe his target is the LAPD, in and out of uniform, including those on his list. jmo

Personally, I think he is back in LA. He's going to make his "last stand" there, IMO.

Too many red herrings in this case, and I think the mountain trip was one of them....

JMO, IMO, :moo: , and all other disclaimers.

I think he is, and they just can't afford the overtime, or they want him to think it's safer to surface. There is NO evidence he left the mountain, and I think he got stuck up there, holed up and is laying low, or is dead. There are many, many places he could hide up there.
Unless he has a vehicle, it won't be easy getting off the mountain. You are talking 7,000 ft. above sea level, and snowy road conditions.

The morning his truck was found intentionally burning several hours after he abandoned it the roads leading out of Big Bear weren't snowy. It was cold (not freezing that night/morning) and foggy. The snow storm hadn't hit yet.

I don't think torching the truck was a diversion. I think he improvised and felt he had to, when the axle broke so that LE wouldn't get the remaining weapons.

He could have ridden a bike down with no problem! This was before the storm.
I agree that if he is up there- he won't get down and there are plenty of places to hide.
But it makes no sense that he would reveal his location in Big Bear for those very reasons. Hard to get down due to limited access and easy for LE to stop and search on a couple places as people leave the mountain.

The morning his truck was found intentionally burning several hours after he abandoned it the roads leading out of Big Bear weren't snowy. It was cold (not freezing that night/morning) and foggy. The snow storm hadn't hit yet.
Yeah, but you're presuming he had another vehicle. You don't walk home from Big Bear.

I'm thinkin the LA cops wanna kill this clown before he can talk to the media.

Man hunt for ex-soldier who shot police chief's daughter and killed policeman ( emphasis added, mine link )

Yesterday, as a task force of 125 officers, some riding Snowcats in the rugged terrain, continued their search, it was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

And that, friends and neighbors, scares me silly.

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.

Which is exactly why *I* believe, and have from the start, that his "boat heist" and evidence left in SD was done deliberately...to lead them to think that he was heading to Mexioc, and for communities to spend a ton of money beefing up the border, as well as costing millions in overtime man-hours to local police departments in the area.

And he's not down there.

He knows what they'll conclude from the evidence he planted. *He was one of "them"*, and said he knows what they will do...which I completely and fully believe.

The next time we will know where he is, I am terrified, will be when we have another officer shot. Until then, he's led them on a merry wild goose chase, and planting tons of evidence all over the Southland...and he's not at all where they're looking.

I'm standing by for the 1 pm (PST) presser. It should be airing on CNN when it begins, and it should start any time.

(Unbending intent, please don't use caps...it's interpreted as shouting. And I've been saying since Thursday that this guy isn't in BB, and that his truck was a diversion...just so you know, it's a fairly widely held thought).

Best-
Herding Cats

IT is brutal and labor intensive to search in the BB area. To manipulate LE and search and rescue into wasting man hours and personnel up there would be an excellent distraction.
Don't misunderstand- I think that search is necessary and required and they are doing the right thing. There are so many trucks in that area, again especially at this time of year, that I do not think many would have even noticed his truck on the side of the road. Could have moved it off to a slightly camouflaged area and bought even more time.
But he chose to torch it.
Fire + big bear= disaster that gets everyone's attention.

Completely agree. I don't know exactly where his truck was found but this time of the year there are cars/trucks pulled over at every possible location for snow play, kiddos getting sick on the way up/down the mountain, etc. No one would even think twice about a truck on the side of the road, or even off the road, up there.

1 million dollar reward- will not tolerate reign of terror

Presser notes:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mayor Villarigoso: "dedication remains steadfast, confidence is unshaken, this search is not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. I want CD to know that. To that end, we're all here for 1 purpose...to stand untied. Won't tolerate killer targeting families, LE, innocent people in this region."

Discussing pooling resources to discuss reward.

Announcing 1,000,000 for info leading to capture. Will not tolerate reign of terror that has robbed us of peace of mind that we deserve."

Speaking on how safe we are because of LAPD/LASO, and others in area make region safe. Working with Federal agents as well. Seamlessly working together.

(introducing all present)

Thanking all officers for ansewring call of duty. Marveling at how wonderful they are, and how the residents have been helping. Give out tips number. Continue to be alert. If see him or suspect it's him, do not engage him. Armed and extremely dangerous.

Charlie Beck: Search continues. Continue to focus on last known locations, BB area, but search continues in/around area with known targets. 50 families not only security but survellience. Targets are likely victims.

Reward is largest local reward ever offered in area. Why so large? Act of domestic terrorism. Targets those who we trust to protect our (...). We value our LE family. Taht is why reward so high.

This is not about captureing. This is about preventing a future crime. Every day likelihood increases. Why we're rushing to make offer.

Ask the public: please help us help you. Please help us find Dorner before he kills again.

(and now thanking all coordinating departments). We will capture DOrner. We will bring him to justice. Reward for capture and conviction. Amazingly easy to get $$ together. When we reached out to members of community, they gave immediately. PPL, Federal Credit union, employee unions of LE who gave willingly. Private donators gave privately and willingly; they called, asked to be included. This shows what LA and SO CA valleis are. This is just as important statement as capturing Dorner.

Irvine: While sabbath is day of rest, LE is not resting. Ask CD to surrender without further loss of life. Our prayers to those officers whose lives been affected. Thank you for supporting us. There will be a day of reckoning in this world or next. (Pleas for information.)

Steven Choi: Mayor of Irvine. Thank LAPD, Mayor Villarigosa, own chief of police [Irvine] and scores of law enforcement agencies working so hard to catch this criminal. Very strong good partners, including FBI, Riverside City, San Bernardino county. Reward is clear demonstration that we are collectively committed to solve this tragic case as quickly as possible. Thank you. Will never forget senseless tragedy started last Sunday. Lost a wonderful young couple preparing to be married soon - Lawrence and Quan. It is important to know that they had dreams and aspirations. Our Irvine PD is committed to helping find suspect every day and every night.

FBI SAC: FBI remains active in investigation. FBI and fugitive task forces throughout the US. Anyone anywhere in US call. We will follow up wherever they lead us.

Over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So. No mention of sightings, leads, new loci of searching. Scaling the BB search down. Yup, they don't know where he is. Sigh.

I typed this from the newscast, so I'm sure I misheard stuff, and didn't include all details. Still, for those that missed the presser, this is a good general overview of what was said.

Best-
Herding Cats

The guy is dead. More than likely he committed suicide already. He did everything he set out to do, he released his manifesto, got media attention drawn to it with his shooting spree and has put the LAPD under the microscope. There was nothing else for him to do, and he had to know once he killed the cops that there was no way he was coming out of this alive.

If he is abusing drugs and/or has a mood disorder, the chance of him killing himself is significantly greater (15% higher) than if he isn't.

Although he states that he is depressed (mood disorder) in his manifesto, I don't think he will take his own life. Because he views himself as being extremely righteous, he'll die for his cause.

Completely agree. I don't know exactly where his truck was found but this time of the year there are cars/trucks pulled over at every possible location for snow play, kiddos getting sick on the way up/down the mountain, etc. No one would even think twice about a truck on the side of the road, or even off the road, up there.
His truck was found on a fire access/forest service road above and between two major ski resorts. There has been speculation he was planning to pick off LE that went skiing with complimentary lift tickets.

he is now giving shout outs to all those that are working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam