Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #30 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think Juan won't deliver? Try and stop him!

This is not his first, second, or even third rodeo. He is a seasoned prosecutor, 27 years practice since law school (ASU School of Law for those who are interested).

He knows exactly what he's doing. He's every bit as effective as that TX spitfire, Kelly Siegler (now an ex-prosecutor in private consulting practice).

You.Have.Nothing.To.Worry.About.With.Juan.

Think of Juan as the most tenured/senior captain of this flight. The Sully Sullenberger of this case. Are you going to try and run up to the cockpit and fly this airplane for him? Seriously?

Very well could be, I just didn't think it was that one because I don't remember watching the first trial and the second one he didn't actually take the stand, they only played the tape. Though maybe it was the tape people were reacting to.

I just hope Juan delivers, I can't imagine that he won't but....

HE WILL. Just my opinion, but I believe he will absolutely deliver. He has been sitting back and taking
lots of notes, and he is ready. IMO :jail: :liar: :jail:

Pfffffft do people actually think this defence will really work? What a joke. The talking heads on HLN are stupid.

JVM and most of her guests are insufferable. JVM said shes going to have a "very! important! friend!" of JA (Brian Carr) who will "offer! important! insights!" about JA... (like she's NOT lying to him? BWAAAHAHA!).

Sorry, I can't stand JVM's staccato shouting style - the only part of her show I like is the pet photo segment. I only watch these trial entertainment shows when there's a trial underway and I've missed something. But watching raw trial footage has made me realize how awful these shows are - save for their few decent victim-friendly guests...

First- I keep forgetting to tell you that I LOVE your avatar! Is that your pup? Mine multi-tasks with her toys serving as portable pillows. Wouldn't that be nice.... nap gear wherever you go??! :great:

ITA and love how you describe JVM. Listening to her is like listening to a 1980's radio disc jockey who's SUPER excited to get the Tuesday night shift in some tiny town. YIPPPPPPPPY!!!!!!!!! Completely over the top. Some stories don't need sugar and syrup poured on top, they have enough drama on their own. It's exploitative IMO. But I do appreciate hearing from some guests.

All I can say is I'm actually glad I'm out of town this week- this is just absolutely repulsive. Shame on her attorneys...cultivating evil in this way.

Anyone think Juan won't deliver? Try and stop him!

This is not his first, second, or even third rodeo. He is a seasoned prosecutor, 27 years practice since law school (ASU School of Law for those who are interested).

He knows exactly what he's doing. He's every bit as effective as that TX spitfire, Kelly Siegler (now an ex-prosecutor in private consulting practice).

You.Have.Nothing.To.Worry.About.With.Juan.

Think of Juan as the most tenured/senior captain of this flight. The Sully Sullenberger of this case. Are you going to try and run up to the cockpit and fly this airplane for him? Seriously?

You go Girl!!

SHE'S ASHAMED? How do you think I feel! It's 3:27pm and I am still in pajama's because of you girl! Crap...
StephanieHartPI,
Your post cracked me up! :floorlaugh: How many times have I still been in my pjs because I am either reading/posting on WS...or watching a trial on TV!

3 more days on the stand imhoo

(at least)

she has to finish direct, then cross, then REdirect

3 more is manageable if it includes cross, especially if cross takes up 2 & 1/2 days.... Ahhh a girl can hope!

It this were true it would have been the last time I ever saw the man. I can't help but think the jury is thinking the same thing. She had nothing invested in him so why not just walk away. If this was true Jodi continuing to see him would make me believe she was sicker than he was. jmo

First- I keep forgetting to tell you that I LOVE your avatar! Is that your pup? Mine multi-tasks with her toys serving as portable pillows. Wouldn't that be nice.... nap gear wherever you go??! :great:

ITA and love how you describe JVM. Listening to her is like listening to a 1980's radio disc jockey who's SUPER excited to get the Tuesday night shift in some tiny town. YIPPPPPPPPY!!!!!!!!! Completely over the top. Some stories don't need sugar and syrup poured on top, they have enough drama on their own. It's exploitative IMO. But I do appreciate hearing from some guests.

You asked! Here's the hoodie pillow!
HoodiePillow® Brand Pillowcase Heather Gray:Amazon:Home & Kitchen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfffffft do people actually think this defence will really work? What a joke. The talking heads on HLN are stupid.

It ALLLLLLL depends upon the jury. I really wish I knew what they were thinking. I want to believe that they can see her for what she is. But we have all been down that dead end road before, sadly enough.

It this were true it would have been the last time I ever saw the man. I can't help but think the jury is thinking the same thing. She had nothing invested in him so why not just walk away. If this was true Jodi continuing to see him would make me believe she was sicker than he was. jmo

Agreed! I'd be on the phone to 911 too so they could track down the boys in photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The roles have flipped in this case. Juan Martinez is a defense attorney now. For Travis. And you want to see a vigorous defense? I can't wait for him to leap outta that gate, fangs bared. This isn't even decent. He will take no,prisoners now. And that jury will be relieved. IMO

I know and understand exactly where this whole defense is headed. Trust Juan to snap everybody out of this stupor. Jurors are being manipulated now. They must be starting to recognize they're being used to listen to lies. I hate liars, and maybe they do too.

From my viewpoint it appears that the defense is trying to keep her on the stand as long as possible in hopes that a few jurors develop some kind of understanding of her....almost like at the end of it they will know who she is...its harder to convict someone knowing that they are going to be executed if you feel like you know the person....just my opinion. At the same time they need to make the victim appear as bad as possible so it appears more like a crime of passion.

That said the prosecution kinda has to let it go as fast as possible. the more objection they make the longer it goes on and the more likely it being a capital punishment trial there would be more wiggle room for appeals and what not. You can bet the state wants no part in having this thing get bogged down in appeals or overturned at some point.

I fully anticipate the cross to be very interesting. JM is going to have to bring this shuttle back down to earth and remind the jury of the premeditation factors, the heinousness of the crime, the pattern of lying by the defendant...i think he can do that.

I don't see the jury biting on the tales being spun right now.

Minor - you are being kind! Ugh is not the word for that one. She makes a living off of crusading for sleazy (and I don't mean that in an entirely sexual way) women IMO.

She claims that the victim threw her to the floor and kicked her in the ribs and hand as well, breaking her finger.

Then he made a splint with Popsicle sticks to immobilize the broken finger.

Then he raped little boys.

Wait, I might have the order reversed a little.

Then he foreclosed on Nell Fenwick and tied her to the railroad tracks.

It ALLLLLLL depends upon the jury. I really wish I knew what they were thinking. I want to believe that they can see her for what she is. But we have all been down that dead end road before, sadly enough.

In the end the jury must decide on one question. Did JA use reasonable force in self defense?
I can't believe any jury could answer that question with a "yes".

If you want to give yourself a heart attack, continue to tune into shows like JVM, NG, DD and that ilk. They will give you better spin than any merry-go-round. You'll walk away skeered of what normal people might think, convinced that JA will walk free at the end of this trial.

That's a lot of masochism. Sometimes you just have to walk away and get centered and tune out the ridiculous opinions, which are only meant to get ratings!

I agree. I was watching JVM and a defense attorney said the state over charged this murder, I turned the T.V. off and will no longer watch. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla