Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #33 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows. I believe there is a hearing at 10:30 and court starts at 11.
Here atty. keeps jumping backwards. I sometimes get the feeling he just likes hearing about her sexcapdes.

Yeah, but we know 11 really means 11-ish

The tape we heard yesterday was 3 weeks before the murder. Gotta be close to hearing the crime deets.

I'm still trying to figure out why she was crying yesterday before the trial. Its not like she didn't know the tape was going to be played.

I'm still trying to figure out why she was crying yesterday before the trial. Its not like she didn't know the tape was going to be played.

Possibly they only wanted part of the tapes played and the judge said no we listen to the lot and she knew it was game over?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, hearing his and her responses to each other took away a lot of her testimony. If, maybe, one juror sided with her..............hearing that tape canceled out any points that the defense was trying to bring across in their direct.

Oh, but according to JA he requested that tape to made. My @zz! If that was true she would of told him in the beginning and at the end, she probably would of said we will listen to this together at such a such time. IMO
Right after the tape she had to explain away how much she enjoyed it by saying, once again, she was only trying to please her man. How she felt debased(degraded). All righty then. Like I said last night, if that was true, all one had to do is HANG UP THE PHONE.

I think she thought it would be snipped for only the "ugly" out of context things. I bet Nurmi promised her that after JM was able to snippet some of her interviews in his direct. Judge said all or nothing. Travis' family, God bless them, allowed all of it so that Travis could "testify" in the courtroom. That had to put her off her game.

Good morning eveyone :) Well as expected on the news here in Arizona, poor little innocent JA is the victim. It makes me sick the way they talk about her, the tone of their voice. If I hadn't heard the whole tape and if I had not been listening and watching the trial on line, if I only knew what the news reported I would believe poor little innocent JA. I'm so glad the jury heard all of the tape. So now JA is saying Travis was into little girls too? So Travis likes, oral, anal, little boys, little girls, big *advertiser censored* and blondes. Hmmm, unless I missed I still haven't seen any proof of any of this. I know I have not seen any proof that JA needed to protect herself while she stabbed Travis in the back. WOW! That felt good to get all that out!

IMO, JA's finally realized the brick wall has been reached. All the public attention before has been speculation; created by her or otherwise. Now, this is it. No way to lie out of this one.

I think JA blocked out the fact of having to face genuine evidence in the trial. Not the 'facts' according tto JA.

It's over.

Good morning eveyone :) Well as expected on the news here in Arizona, poor little innocent JA is the victim. It makes me sick the way they talk about her, the tone of their voice. If I hadn't heard the whole tape and if I had not been listening and watching the trial on line, if I only knew what the news reported I would believe poor little innocent JA. I'm so glad the jury heard all of the tape. So now JA is saying Travis was into little girls too? So Travis likes, oral, anal, little boys, little girls, big *advertiser censored* and blondes. Hmmm, unless I missed I still haven't seen any proof of any of this. I know I have not seen any proof that JA needed to protect herself while she stabbed Travis in the back. WOW! That felt good to get all that out!

Are you serious????? They are still saying she is a victim? That is an insult to everyone who truly isna victim of DV

Agree with all the comments above. I think the defense was hoping to "cherry pick" little phrases from the tape, and prolly made the argument that they didn't want to take up so much of the court's valuable time with discussions of movies, singing, etc. I think JM knew exactly the effect that hearing the ENTIRE tape was going to have on the listeners, and wasn't having any of that argument-- it was all or nothing. So I think that is why Jodi was so pissed off before it was played. SHE offered it up to her defense team, and only wanted certain bits played.There had to be a big decision-- all or nothing.To me, that explains (possibly) why she was so angry. The entire defense team knew there was nothing coercive on the tape, nothing that supports abuse of any kind. There was some raw language that, if carefully taken out of context, could be used to their advantage. The big risk was that if they DIDN'T use the tape, then all of Atty Wilmott's promises to the jury in her OS were null and void. And that risked alienating jurors.

I don't know the precise rules about that, once something is admitted as evidence, but it seems to me that the defense was not compelled to use it if they didn't want to. I think this was a big gamble that definitely did not pay off for the defense. I understand that the recording could be "shocking" to some of the jurors, but once they moved beyond the shock of the raw language, I just don't see how any of it could be viewed as anything but completely consensual, and annoyingly clingy-manipulative on Jodi's part.He clearly wanted her for sex and a little casual friendship, and NOTHING else.

The way she was trying to wheadle her way onto his trips was simply pathetic. I thought he (politely) DID NOT want her to invite herself along. He made it pretty clear (politely) he would "swing by" to see her when it was convenient for him, and she should stay put and wait.

I'm very glad TA's family allowed the recording to be played, and stayed in the room to hear it. The sex talk was embarrassing, yes, but what that recording did is humanize Travis, the victim, to everyone who heard it. He has been dead over 4 years-- but he was very alive in the courtroom yesterday! He was a pretty normal young man-- fantasies and all. I found him to be very endearing, and not at all a monster or even a cad. So they had some randy pillow talk and an adventurous sex life-- who really cares?? There is no way to spin that into a motive for such a vicious "self defense" attack.

She enjoyed EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of that conversation, and also enjoyed her little secret that she was recording it. I definitely agree with many others that she recorded it to use as blackmail when he dumped her for good.

I bet JM slept very well last night! :) This helped his case, very much, imo.

Same... And couldn't they have decided not to play it at all?

Are you serious????? They are still saying she is a victim? That is an insult to everyone who truly isna victim of DV

I can't figure that out. Did they listen to the tape? Jodi was a willing participant..made the call herself. She did not have to do that. The whole convo that lead to the sex talk was initiated by Jodi herself. She seemed to be enjoying every bit of that conversation. According to her, it was hot. She would not even take the hint that TA was very tired and kept on talking when clearly he needed to go to sleep.

I had been telling a friend about this (male) and he went and listened to yesterday's tape within about 2mins he said "she is clearly a willing participant and he doesnt come across as an abuser"

Also agreed that is was very cringy and a terrible example of phone sex :what:

The tape we heard yesterday was 3 weeks before the murder. Gotta be close to hearing the crime deets.

I listened to the tape late last night and what struck me was that she was planning on killing him even then and listen to how happy she sounds. Nothing unusual with the sex talk between the two, I mean it's sex afterall whether it's on the phone or in his room. What got to me is how she sounded, gleeful, excited, proud of what she was saying to him. She is very sick, indeed. She destroyed his car and he is still nice to her, calls her Hon and tells her how beautiful she is, while all the time she talks to him she is setting things in motion. Despicable. No wonder she won't look at the jury. jmo

Perhaps she was upset about it being played in "open court." Remember it was Travis' family that made that decision.

Originally Posted by outofstatelawyer
Oh, I think it will be very crafty. If I were JM, I would find reasons to put pictures up of the victim's mutilated body and leave them up as long as possible. Because that, after all, if why that jury is there.

Here's the video. I think it was a week or two into the trial.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/11/did-travis-alexander-predict-his-own-death

I am so far behind (darn sleep) but, I have wondered something, not only with this trial. Why wouldnt prosecution call this witness? I understand "hearsay" and all of that... but Jodi has blown the court up with her hearsay.... it seems like it is pretty damning evidence on the prosecutions part?

Actually, another poster had posted a link that explained the lubricant and since they were talking about K-Y and Astroglide at the time it made perfect sense to me. Yes... MOO

Or she is another figment of Jodi's imagination... I saw up thread where someone found a link to aster in Astroglide...

I think she couldn't keep her lies straight... :moo:

I am so far behind (darn sleep) but, I have wondered something, not only with this trial. Why wouldnt prosecution call this witness? I understand "hearsay" and all of that... but Jodi has blown the court up with her hearsay.... it seems like it is pretty damning evidence on the prosecutions part?

As I understand it, it is different when you take the stand in your own defense.

Im still at a total loss as to what the defence wanted to prove by playing this?

Kind of satisfying that IMO hes sealed her fate by basically testifying at his own murder trial.

And to his family the dignity and composure they have shown having to listen to all JAs bs and especially yesterday is astounding.

Respectfully snipped.

Josie, you hit the nail squarely on the head. Excellent comment. Travis DID seal her fate by testifying from beyond the grave at his own murder trial.

Travis was just "the silent victim" with sad and angry family members in the room, until yesterday. Now he is a REAL young person, with a real voice, making plans, having friends and fantasies, healthy and happy, with an entire future ahead of him that was brutally taken away with is vicious murder. (I loved hearing about his excitement for the Argentina trip. What an adventure he was planning!)

That recording may well have taped the execution needles into her arms. She has no one to blame but herself.

Between the camera pics and the recording, I suspect Miss Jodi is none too happy with herself-- but still blaming everyone else for her predicament.

"Jodi the victim"?? Pure BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member