Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save this link for reference or a rainy day, unless you want to get cool now and learn Websleuth's lingo...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68412"]Websleuth's Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

In the early threads there were some posts from people who knew Allison.

If anyone could tell us if Allison was a loner, I mean did she have many friends, did she attend many school or social events or was she so mentally beaten she stayed away.
If she had friends she may have confided her concerns to them, her parents or siblings.
Can you imagine how difficult it would have been for her parents or any one of them attending Allisons funeral knowing an arrest was imminent. The statements from friends and relatives will tell all, bring it on.
The GB's knowing that others knew how rotten Allison was being treated then maybe that's why the GB's couldn't show their faces at the search site.

They've got you

I have just had a very random thought.

Hubby just presented me with some beautiful jewellery for valentine's day. Lucky me, However - what happened to Allison's wedding rings and jewellery that she wore at the time? Was it on her body or did the cheapskate remove it for $$$? It wouldn't surprise me at all you know.

Hubby just presented me with some beautiful jewellery for valentine's day. Lucky me, However - what happened to Allison's wedding rings and jewellery that she wore at the time? Was it on her body or did the cheapskate remove it for $$$? It wouldn't surprise me at all you know.

I've often thought the same - <modsnip>
Sad thought him removing her jewellery

I wonder if OW has those pieces now?

There was a lot of speculation about whether or not GBC owed TM money/if she had previously loaned it to him. But there was never anything definite mentioned in MSM which stated he had borrowed from her. The following are the reports which mention his loans.

April 27, 2012

His company, Settle Westside, took out a $300,000 loan with a former business partner in December 2011.

The business partner now works for a competing real estate agency

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

May 02, 2012

GERARD Baden-Clay experienced a mass exodus of staff from his Century 21 franchise last year as business slowed.

Days before Christmas, Mr Baden-Clay took out a $300,000 loan for one of his companies from two partners who exited the business the same day.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...usiness-suffered/story-e6freoof-1226344121450

This following report is from the first bail hearing.

June 23, 2012

Of that, $275,000 was owed to friends in "gentlemen's agreements", $200,000 to a former business partner, $335,000 as guarantor on a mortgage, $45,000 on a credit card, $75,000 to the CEO of Century 21, various business loans and police allege $58,000 to his parents, Nigel and Elaine

http://www.news.com.au/national-old...d-in-court-claim/story-e6frfkvr-1226406037780

I don't doubt that GBC might have owed TM money but I suspect, in terms of buiness priority, he would have owed his partners first - J Frost and a guy who now works for place.

Where will the committal be heard? I notice the law courts in George Street are cordoned off, I think for refurbishment. Does anyone have any idea where I need to go.

Also does anyone have the dates - my diary is filling up and Id like to be there at least one day.

I wonder if the girls have said other things to the Dickies....(surely they would have ) like my daddy's mean to my mummy!!!! etc etc etc, and would this be used as evidence????.....also will the Dickies be called as witness's????.....If so how awful for them!!!!
Just my thoughts.:banghead:

MOO

Perhaps, but they all spent some time at the BC residence prior to being exposed to anyone else, so we can not know what happened behind closed doors.

Perhaps, but they all spent some time at the BC residence prior to being exposed to anyone else, so we can not know what happened behind closed doors.

Oh yes there was a report from a verified local about the girls and their debriefings :(

Just re Allison's jewellery - we don't know that she was wearing any at the time of her murder. My other half takes hers off when she goes to bed, when she has a shower, when she goes to the gym, etc. She doesn't wear it all the time - even her wedding ring. They are often piled up on the bathroom unit - rings, bangles, pendants, watch, etc etc.

I know that some people wear their main stuff permanently - like a wedding ring for example. But many don't - they swap and change. Also, my other half being a nurse, she is not allowed to wear jewellery at work (she is an operating room nurse). Ear studs are OK, but no dangly ones.

So Allison may well have been heading for bed with her jewellery off at the time she was attacked. The stuff may well have been on her dressing table or in a jewellery box. What has happened to it since I have no idea - maybe the Dickies retrieved it, maybe the police have it, maybe GBC pawned it? Or maybe she just didn't have a lot?

Yes, although I'm confident the police would have bugged the seniors place when they did that first raid when Alliosn was still missing, so it is only the very first few days they would have missed......

Where will the committal be heard? I notice the law courts in George Street are cordoned off, I think for refurbishment. Does anyone have any idea where I need to go.

Also does anyone have the dates - my diary is filling up and Id like to be there at least one day.

BBM

November 12, 2012

GERARD Baden-Clay - the real estate agent accused of murdering his wife - will return to court for a three-day committal hearing in March.

......at the up-coming committal hearing, which has been listed to begin on March 11, 2013.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226514998391

Yes, although I'm confident the police would have bugged the seniors place when they did that first raid when Alliosn was still missing, so it is only the very first few days they would have missed......

We know from the Bail doco that there were 'lawfully' intercepted calls between NBC/EBC and TM so fingers crossed there is a bit more stealth equipment in the house.

A bit OT, but may clarify not guilty/guilty plea. A man in Cairns was arrested for murder, then the charge was reduced to manslaughter. He pleaded not guilty. So nearing the end of a 3-day trial, just before the jury went out to deliberate, he pleads guilty. I have seen this a few times before. In a murder trial I know of, a not guilty plea was changed to guilty of manslaughter 2 weeks into the trial, but jury still found him guilty of murder.

So maybe there is hope that GBC will plead guilty at some stage. I wish...

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2013/02/15/239362_local-news.html

A bit OT, but may clarify not guilty/guilty plea. A man in Cairns was arrested for murder, then the charge was reduced to manslaughter. He pleaded not guilty. So nearing the end of a 3-day trial, just before the jury went out to deliberate, he pleads guilty. I have seen this a few times before. In a murder trial I know of, a not guilty plea was changed to guilty of manslaughter 2 weeks into the trial, but jury still found him guilty of murder.

So maybe there is hope that GBC will plead guilty at some stage. I wish...

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2013/02/15/239362_local-news.html

I have no doubt that if GBC thought this would be the best for him then he would plead guilty, but can you imagine how it would be for the members of his family that have probably mortgaged their homes to pay for the best legal representation he could get, and also those from his church that offerred surety during the bail applications?
I cant begin to imagine how let down they would feel.
Just awful.

The havoc he is creating in so many lives....incredible.

(I'm not going back on my belief here that OW and Nigelaine know more than they are appearing to know,- well OW at least, but I believe she could be in complete denial, and therefore is prepared to throw money towards his plight, because she cant bring herslf to admit the truth of his situation. I doubt she has even allowed herself to consider that he may not be acquitted at the committal.)

If he does plead guilty, he'll have the only people in the world that still believe in him, to answer to.

Redlight, I wonder if you know whether Allison and GBC were regular church goers, as in every weekend?
I know they attended the local church, but I'm just wondering how much a part of their lives this might have been?
And, same question again for Nigelaine, please?

I'm just thinking about the offers of surety for bail, and the special church service put on by the local church while Allison was missing, that GBC didn't attend.

Thanks. (no probs if you cant answer )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member