CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about 3 minutes long. She is going in and out of the elevator, pressing the buttons towards the bottom of the panel over and over again. At one point she starts gesticulating and doing something with her hands and appears to be talking, but my version didn't have sound. She jumps quickly in and out of the elevator a few times, almost like she's trying to catch someone looking at her??

It's very bizarre and quite unsettling.

When she went around the corner inside the elevator, hiding, I was fully expecting somebody to walk by....so strange...

The police said Elisa isn't frightened in the video. I wondered how they knew, then when I watched, I saw her smiling, especially after she steps out and is gesturing. The gesturing appears as though she's talking to someone.

I was thinking she was trying to hide from someone, until I saw those smiles. I tried to make sense of her pushing all the buttons, which would stop her at each floor. You don't do that if you're trying to hide from or get away from someone. You do that if you're looking for someone.

Putting all that together, along with how she tucks herself into the corner so a person stepping into the elevator wouldn't see her, she seems to be playing a good old-fashioned game of hide and go seek. She is looking for the other person who is hiding. She's enjoying the game.

I hope the police have video of the other people in and around the elevator and hallways and stairwells during that timeframe.

Is she smiling? I just watched the video again. I think my eyesight is too poor because I can't read much of a facial expression at all.

I wonder why the elevator doors stay open for such a long time? Is there a "hold" button? The doors still seem to stay open for awhile.

Why is she pressing the buttons over and over again? I could see her pressing every button if she's playing a game, but why over and over again? That seems nonsensical.

I don't know if I'm making any sense with this, but the hand gestures look very theatrical to me. Not like she's having a normal conversation with someone off camera. Is it just me or does it kind of look like she's doing some kind of exaggerated counting on her fingers at one point?

So, so strange :confused:

That's just the strangest thing I've ever seen. I wonder where she'd been before that? She looks to me either as if she's under the influence of drugs or she's had a serious mental disconnect. She doesn't look afraid.

On a separate note, the KTLA video (in news article linked further up) mentions that Elisa takes medication and 'may have mental health issues'. I hope she is o.k. and that she has her medication with her. Her family must be frantic!

BBM makes the video even more worrying.

Ok, is there anywhere she may have gone into the water, or fallen off something?

That's just the strangest thing I've ever seen. I wonder where she'd been before that? She looks to me either as if she's under the influence of drugs or she's had a serious mental disconnect. She doesn't look afraid.

Maybe the parents or police should visit some soup kitchens and shelters in the area. She might be disoriented and living as a homeless person. I wonder if people hang around public parks doing drugs? Hopefully she has not gotten into drugs.

It almost looks like she's entering some sort of code when she punches the buttons.

Is she smiling? I just watched the video again. I think my eyesight is too poor because I can't read much of a facial expression at all.

I wonder why the elevator doors stay open for such a long time? Is there a "hold" button? The doors still seem to stay open for awhile.

Why is she pressing the buttons over and over again? I could see her pressing every button if she's playing a game, but why over and over again? That seems nonsensical.

I don't know if I'm making any sense with this, but the hand gestures look very theatrical to me. Not like she's having a normal conversation with someone off camera. Is it just me or does it kind of look like she's doing some kind of exaggerated counting on her fingers at one point?

So, so strange :confused:

bbm above...

THIS DISTURBS me...yes there is a hold button but you would have to hold your finger on it to keep the door open - - - what the heck is going on?!??! The door staying open that long by itself is not normal!!!!!

My stomach hurts watching her, remember they say the place IS haunted...

Maybe she is sensitive to THAT kind of thing and someone/thing WAS visible to her...i dunno.

F R E A K Y to say the least!

YEAH - maybe the code for GET ME THE FUNK outta here!

:what:

seriously.
They should get the police to put out an amber alert or silver alert. She may be taking too much of her medication if she is confused. They need to find her before she walks out in front of a car or something.

They should get the police to put out an amber alert or silver alert. She may be taking too much of her medication if she is confused. They need to find her before she walks out in front of a car or something.

It's been so long already, past the 2 week mark, if she is out there and STILL in that condition sts, why hasn't anyone come forward having REALLY seen her ?!?!?!? (unlike the tips they have received that have turned out to not be Elisa...)

Perplexing isn't it !??!?!?!

:waitasec:

I was thinking the code some how kept the elevator door open. I have no idea if there is such a code or anything, just trying to figure out a reason it might be happening.

Look closely at the video.

At 12 seconds in, after she has pushed the buttons, the door starts to close a bit and then reopens.

Someone is in the hall and pushed and held the button to keep the elevator from closing.

And to prevent Elisa from leaving.

And that someone seems to know that people will be looking at the elevator video at a later date, because they push the hall button and open the elevator door several times after Elisa has exited to the left.

As if they are winking at the police.

Why else would the door open and close like that, when it didn't even close when Elisa was in and then out of the elevator.

It's not a mulfunction, and its not a haunting.

Its the actions of a person.

To me it looks like she may possibly be on something and is trying to figure out why the door wont close.

A couple of other possibilities are that someone can control the elevator remotely, and can observe the interior of the elevator live through the security camera.

Or it's Elisa pushing the button from the outside to open and close the door several times at the end of the video. Like you would if the elevator door hadn't closed the first time.

I wonder on which side of the camera the hall elevator button is located.

If it's on the left, it could be Elisa, because thats the way she came and left.

If it's on the right, it's not her doing, it's someone else's doing.

And she was gesturing to the right, although she was looking both right and left down the hall.

And look at the theatrical way she swings her right hand around at the beginning of the video, to push the elevator buttons.

Its as if she knows she is performing. On camera.

The video shows her in what looks to me like a red sweater/shirt and a black skirt...not a purple shirt and black shorts.....So did she go back to her room after this and change before being seen by the Hotel staff for the last time? Or is their memory just faulty?

Also, I can't figure out why the doors don't shut as she is standing in the elevator. I did see that 12 second mark where they started to close then opened back up....but she seems unaware IMO that there is anyone standing outside pushing/holding the button (she looks left and right as if no one is there). Sooooo strange....
I wonder what time of day/night this video is from.

And look at the theatrical way she swings her right hand around at the beginning of the video, to push the elevator buttons.

Its as if she knows she is performing. On camera.

I agree, her gestures seem quite theatrical.

But maybe she's making those movements because she first almost punches the buttons at the top, and then decides she needs the lower buttons?

It's also weird how she crouches down eye-level to the buttons and seems to really concentrate on them as she's pushing them.

Cecil Hotel photos: http://www.agoda.com/north_america/united_states/los_angeles_ca/cecil_hotel/reviews-page-4.html

Elevator(s):
97998_121127212606_STD.png

[note - fwiw: looks like it's double elevators, location of button in between, and mirror on wall across from...]

ETA: HEY, go to top link and look at the pic before this one i posted, look for THAT MIRROR - - - doesn't it look like there is a CORNER right by the elevators, seems someone could have been hiding around THAT corner !!!! shux, looking at both pics it seems there is a FLIPPING CORNER ON EITHER SIDE OF THE ELEVATORS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member