Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nigelaine dont attend the committal, does everyone see this as an admission of guilt to a degree?????????
I cant see any other explanation.

Surely, if they believed in his innocence, they would be there in court, hanging on every word, trying to see if they could discover anything that could help to get him off. ???

I know there could be reasons such as fear of the media intrusion etc, but the charge he is fighting is massive, and they were a close family. I actually dont understand their absence from the hearings up to now??

It really doesn't surprise me that he is continuing the charade of pretending to be innocent. That was how he was in real life - outwardly everything was smooth sailing and business as usual and normal and lovely yet -his home life was in tatters, his business a failure and he paraded himself around as a pillar of society, seeking every opportunity to promote himself as the big powerful businessman when in reality his character couldn't pass any kind of scrutiny.

It really doesn't surprise me that he is continuing the charade of pretending to be innocent. That was how he was in real life - outwardly everything was smooth sailing and business as usual and normal and lovely yet -his home life was in tatters, his business a failure and he paraded himself around as a pillar of society, seeking every opportunity to promote himself as the big powerful businessman when in reality his character couldn't pass any kind of scrutiny.

It doesn't surprise me either. He was all about appearances, and keeping up the facade.
Thats actually why I'm curious about his spiritual committment.
ie. was it sincere committment, or just a token to complete the picture??

(I understand it is hard to gauge without knowing people intimately. I suppose I'm wondering how deep his committment is in the eyes of those who offered surety, or did they have another basis of their friendship, and also, whether he will be helped by his faith whilst in this predicament right now. )

-sorry for the jumbled thoughts this afternoon

Yes M, however consider that NBC phone may be set up as a network, in which case the entire network could receive the call - iPhone, Computer and/or iPad. We are talking Apple technological wizardry here... Hey, even a redirection to another iPhone perhaps...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lay-bail-hearing/story-e6freon6-1226405120615

Conjecture on my part, because it was difficult to hear exactly what was being said at the second bail hearing, but my understanding was that the face-time call would not be relied upon. There was a lot of discussion about different phone calls back and forth, but all seemed to gloss over what had seemed like such an irrefutable piece of evidence suddenly discarded. On reflection, I thought perhaps they were no longer relying on this piece of evidence (a) because they had sufficient other evidence and/or (b) because this piece of evidence would incriminate someone whom they had come to rely upon as a witness. I'm not a lawyer, so may be well off the mark, but I thought it odd at the time that not more was made of the sudden 'irrelevance' of this face-time call. I guess we'll learn more at the committal.

If Nigelaine dont attend the committal, does everyone see this as an admission of guilt to a degree?????????

Surely, if they believed in his innocence, they would be there in court, hanging on every word, trying to see if they could discover anything that could help to get him off. ???

I know there could be reasons such as fear of the media intrusion etc, but the charge he is fighting is massive, and they were a close family. I actually dont understand their absence from the hearings up to now??

Bloody oath! It's written all over them BUT obviously they dont think like us, OBVIOUSLY! Why should they attend court when they didnt plead for the real perp to be caught or were involved in the search? :banghead: We are just the 'great unwashed' to them & possibly they are above the norm. Disgusting attitudes!

I have just had a very random thought.

Hubby just presented me with some beautiful jewellery for valentine's day. Lucky me, However - what happened to Allison's wedding rings and jewellery that she wore at the time? Was it on her body or did the cheapskate remove it for $$$? It wouldn't surprise me at all you know.

I mentioned this a long time ago as this something that has always been a mystery to me.. I think the fact that these were never found or left for her girls tells me there is no way she 'left' them,as she would have wanted the girls to have her jewelry. Wonder if they were ever pawned??? I don't go walking with my rings and jewelry on....

I thought the same thing when the pics of the home were shown. Surely him, being in the business, could have easily arranged (with discount) getting the lawns mowed regularly so his children could play safely. :furious: the facade was neat and tidy but behind the scenes it was a shamozzle.
HE HAD THE LEAD ROLL IN THIS PLAY :twocents:
Also when I saw those photos of the interior was after the big garage sale & most of Allisons possessions were sold off, i thought how depressed Allison must have been. :furious:

WHY HAS THIS CASE AFFECTED US ALL SO MUCH?
ALL OTHER CASES PALE IN SIGNIFICANCE

We are all still here for you Allison :seeya:

I have no doubt that if GBC thought this would be the best for him then he would plead guilty, but can you imagine how it would be for the members of his family that have probably mortgaged their homes to pay for the best legal representation he could get, and also those from his church that offerred surety during the bail applications?
I cant begin to imagine how let down they would feel.
Just awful.

The havoc he is creating in so many lives....incredible.

(I'm not going back on my belief here that OW and Nigelaine know more than they are appearing to know,- well OW at least, but I believe she could be in complete denial, and therefore is prepared to throw money towards his plight, because she cant bring herslf to admit the truth of his situation. I doubt she has even allowed herself to consider that he may not be acquitted at the committal.)

If he does plead guilty, he'll have the only people in the world that still believe in him, to answer to.

In the cases I was talking about, I think a guilty plea only came nearing the end of the trial when evidence was stacked against them. I think pleading guilty might lessen their sentence or at least give them a few brownie points.

My biggest worry is that when all the evidence is presented to the court (or jury if it goes to trial) GBC will decide to plead guilty to manslaughter. Because so much evidence that we know of to date is circumstantial, he might say that yes, he killed her, but it was an accident and he paniced and dumped her body. For murder, the jury has to be satisfied that it was somehow premeditated. Alioops, correct me here if I am wrong please.

I mentioned this a long time ago as this something that has always been a mystery to me.. I think the fact that these were never found or left for her girls tells me there is no way she 'left' them,as she would have wanted the girls to have her jewelry. Wonder if they were ever pawned??? I don't go walking with my rings and jewelry on....

Jewellery has come up a few times in these posts now. Just to clarify, it was explicitly stated at the second bail hearing that Allison WAS wearing jewellery, which made it clear to investigators that robbery was not a motive.

In the cases I was talking about, I think a guilty plea only came nearing the end of the trial when evidence was stacked against them. I think pleading guilty might lessen their sentence or at least give them a few brownie points.

My biggest worry is that when all the evidence is presented to the court (or jury if it goes to trial) GBC will decide to plead guilty to manslaughter. Because so much evidence that we know of to date is circumstantial, he might say that yes, he killed her, but it was an accident and he paniced and dumped her body. For murder, the jury has to be satisfied that it was somehow premeditated. Alioops, correct me here if I am wrong please.

I'm following what you're saying, and I completely agree that this could end up the same as those other cases. Just saying, it would have to be crushing for his supporters if he eventually does plead guilty, even if only to lessen his sentence. Afterall, there has been more said by his support crew, about his innocence and how vigorously it needs defending, than there was ever said about needing to find Allison or find justice for Allison by finding her killer.

In GBC's case I dont think he'll fare well if he does confess to killing her, even accidentally, because of the extensive search that he didn't step in to stop and the Bruce Overland emails etc.

I have no doubt that if GBC thought this would be the best for him then he would plead guilty, but can you imagine how it would be for the members of his family that have probably mortgaged their homes to pay for the best legal representation he could get, and also those from his church that offerred surety during the bail applications?
I cant begin to imagine how let down they would feel.
Just awful.

The havoc he is creating in so many lives....incredible.

(I'm not going back on my belief here that OW and Nigelaine know more than they are appearing to know,- well OW at least, but I believe she could be in complete denial, and therefore is prepared to throw money towards his plight, because she cant bring herslf to admit the truth of his situation. I doubt she has even allowed herself to consider that he may not be acquitted at the committal.)

If he does plead guilty, he'll have the only people in the world that still believe in him, to answer to.

I totally agree that GBC will do what is best for GBC and to hell with the truth.
So many changes thus far.
Was Allison depressed? Nooo....
But, later Allison was on so much Zoloft, (stress, how MUCH) for depression, that she might have overdosed.

Liadan, This post stands out to me. So telling.
Alongside this was the going to church on the Sunday after Allison went missing. Was this to skirt around a police interview? Might solve an immediate problem.
And give the appearance of being a regular church going family. The honest, trustworthy, salt of the earth people that wouldn't hurt a fly, respectful of church laws, laws in general, etc and ad infinitum.
Façade. Pretence. But overall a Cover up.
Might solve a bigger picture problem.

There would be much going on behind the scenes between B-C family and legal team.

Nigelaine and the Dickies have both been absent from the mentions and more than likely will not attend the hearing either IMO. I would think that B-C family are taking legal advice not to be there. The Dickies would be given advice as well.

Now a trial might be another matter. There will be all the cloak and dagger tricks known to man; bells and whistles, banners and protests...

Jewellery has come up a few times in these posts now. Just to clarify, it was explicitly stated at the second bail hearing that Allison WAS wearing jewellery, which made it clear to investigators that robbery was not a motive.

Yes, she was wearing her wedding and engagement rings. Her handbag and purse were at home. The only thing missing is her phone.

Murder does not have to be premeditated. With some exceptions, there has to be an intent to kill or do grievous bodily harm. The intent can be formed at the time of doing the killing so it doesn't have to be preplanned as such. Killing someone on the spur of the moment with intention to kill or do grievous bodily harm is still murder.

Where will the committal be heard? I notice the law courts in George Street are cordoned off, I think for refurbishment. Does anyone have any idea where I need to go.

Also does anyone have the dates - my diary is filling up and Id like to be there at least one day.

GG, the committal will be at the Magistrates Court at 363 George street on the corner of Turbot Street in the city. It's the new building that has a big silver wavy ribbon sculpture outside. You will need to check the law list online in the morning on the day for the allocated courtroom or you can ask when you get there. Find out the room, wait outside it and go in as soon as they open the doors and find a seat. don't hang back as you will miss out on a seat. Lawyers turn up at the last minute usually.

It has been set down for 11,12,13 March and I have also seen documents that show it has been listed for a further 3 days on 18,19,20 March.

There would be much going on behind the scenes between B-C family and legal team.

Nigelaine and the Dickies have both been absent from the mentions and more than likely will not attend the hearing either IMO. I would think that B-C family are taking legal advice not to be there. The Dickies would be given advice as well.

Now a trial might be another matter. There will be all the cloak and dagger tricks known to man; bells and whistles, banners and protests...

Why do you think they would be advised not to be there?? I'm curious to why that advice might be given.

I can understand the Dickies though.
I was imagining forthem that as they have the girls, it would be hard to even be there, but also so emotionally draining, and for nothing anyhow. Justice will take its course, and I'm sure they are being kept in the loop well and truly by many caring professionals,

but....

the BC's are different. This is about their sons future. This is their fight time.
I thought they would want to show support, to him and the public. This means a lot to them.

Could be imagining ALL WRONG though. Would love to hear more on your thoughts.

GG, the committal will be at the Magistrates Court at 363 George street on the corner of Turbot Street in the city. It's the new building that has a big silver wavy ribbon sculpture outside. You will need to check the law list online in the morning on the day for the allocated courtroom or you can ask when you get there. Find out the room, wait outside it and go in as soon as they open the doors and find a seat. don't hang back as you will miss out on a seat. Lawyers turn up at the last minute usually.

It has been set down for 11,12,13 March and I have also seen documents that show it has been listed for a further 3 days on 18,19,20 March.

Alioop, I've never been to court. Are the front rows reserved for family and associates like a wedding??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk