Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, now you know you will... It's just what PI's do. My husband had his PI license for over 20 years after retiring from LE. Never stop questioning because the truth is there. And there is nothing wrong with questioning the ME because it's just an opinion. But it will be interesting to see what Jodi has to say. I can also understand why people think she shot him first and I agree it makes the most sense. But the ME is saying no. So let's see whether she tells her story to go along with what the ME is saying. Since both defense and the state seem to agree with the ME she'd be going against what the jury already accepted to say the shot came first. Should be interesting....if we ever get there. At this point Jodi could die of natural causes before she ever gets off that stand. The jury has to be getting tired of her by now. jmo

You already know me too well LOLLL

I think she wanted to use the knife. Why else would she bring it? IMO the gun was part of premeditation to deflect suspicion and stage the scene as if there were two perps.

Even during her original interview (she wasn't there) she was talking up Travis's strength and the unlikelihood one person could over power him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concur Lamb. Just to be clear, I was replying to what the poster said in regards to WS posters.

LOL. I was just doing my usual knocking someone of their soapbox so I could contribute kind of thing. I bet most of the jury is getting shock treatments this weekend in anticipation of next week..:floorlaugh:

Of course Jodi will say Travis was shot first. That makes the killing appear more humane. snip....

ain't that the truth! and this was anything but humane.. Looks like a rabid feral animal did it.

Will the jury be allowed to consider 2nd degree murder?? That is my only serious concern, because that would put the penalty as something less than life in prison.

Susan Wright brutally stabbed her husband 192 times and buried him under their patio. She was only found guilty of 2nd degree murder. She was originally sentenced to 25 years, which was reduced to 20 years with an appeal.That was a travesty, imo-- she should have been in prison for life, if not the DP. That woman will probably be paroled at some point, which is just sickening to me.

For Jodi, LWOP or DP is fine with me. As long as LWOP really "means" LWOP, and she is never parole eligible. She should never walk the streets free again, imo.

susan's husband had a big coke habit and her story of abuse was far more believable (not to me, but to some) than jodi's----HOWEVER, susan's husband wasn't abusing her the night she killed him. she lured him into a little sex play and after tying him to the bed, she went to town on him.

on appeal (she got a new sentencing part---not the whole trial), she was just as bad a witness as the first time. she's a horrible actress. and her sentence was pretty much unchanged since she'd already served a few years before being re-sentenced to 20 years.

she was also a wife, and had children. jodi was just a psycho GF---more dangerous, IMO.

I won't post anything again that contradicts the ME, even if it was just an opinion. To say that there is a rule everyone must agree with every Expert Witness or anyone that was at the crime scene. well, ok.

That's not how crimes are solved, that is not how anyone gets at the truth.

Again, I won't say another word about the ME.

I thought you had brought up a lot of valid points that I agree with IMO. Your posts are provocative and gets people thinking. Please don't stop...

There are some renowned experts that do what these experts in Arizona do, and even by a report only, they can indicate that a certain conclusion drawn is faulty because .. or that "the reason this ME did not find blood is because" and they have legitimate opinions even without being present..

If ME says this is what I see and its because A,B,C
they are only saying, I understand what you see, but A,B,C are not the only reason you see it. D & E are also possible.

Ok, that might make no sense at all, so I will go to Starbucks and hope they have Cranberry Bliss bars, but I am not hopeful.

I believe verified experts can only give an opinion because they were not present at the autopsy. Most ME's are called to the scene and that is part of their determination as to what happened. Just looking at pictures is not the same thing as an ME being on the scene and performing the autopsy. I also think most verified experts would agree with that.

One of the determining factors Dr. Horn stated as to the shot coming last was that there was an absence of blood in the brain matter. Had he been shot first blood would have shown up in the testing. Regardless of what Jodi is saying, Dr. Horn's testing proves otherwise. Dr. Horn is saying Travis had already bled out when he was shot. jmo

BBM - just to clarify, from the ME report, the exact verbiage was:
" ... without gross evidence of significant intracranial hemorrhage ... "

On page 4 of 8: http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

So to me, it sounds as though there was some blood but perhaps not as much as the ME would have expected.

My ME qualifications: I have performed 2 autopsies ... er dissections ... one on a frog and one on a cow's eye. :D

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content* Originally posted by JaimeInLA
I agree with you. But we are smart and stable. (obviously! Lol!). It only takes ONE juror to feel empathy.It just scares me since it literally only takes ONE woman on the jury to feel just a little bit sorry for Jodi.... By the way, Dr Drew always says that a "little girl voice means there was childhood sexual abuse." Any juror that listens to Loveline may think about that and have empathy for her for that as well.

True, it only takes one juror. I've heard a lot of women and known some who talk with this little girl type voice and I'm sure they haven't all been sexually abused. IMO, this way of speaking is their immature way of projecting an image of being more coy, innocent and naive than they really are, i.e., a form of manipulation. And FWIW Dr Drew has questionable judgment at times anyway, imo.

On page 4 of 8: http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

So to me, it sounds as though there was some blood but perhaps not as much as the ME would have expected.

My ME qualifications: I have performed 2 autopsies ... er dissections ... one on a frog and one on a cow's eye. :D

What no worm? Lol

In transcribing the ME, that Defense lady is crafty. She is trying to trip him up, she does get him to contradict himself, but he is coming back and solidifying his "thoughts" on some things. Juan has not gotten up yet. Love this M.E., calm and collected, I would prefer he was a bit more solid on some things like when this occurred (not 10 years ago, its 4 years ago) Guestimating his age and 6000 autopsies, we might be talking 200 a year. Granted, some take 20 minutes, they are heart attacks or obvious causes of death, so they can do several in a day.

I'm a bit confused as he indicates he never spoke to anyone after the day of the autopsy and does not recollect who was there, but since the report indicates who is present, then he agrees with what he documented.

That's good and bad. Good because it shows he is not having this overly close relationship with the prosecutor.. he did the autopsy, here it is, now you do with it what you have to. Bad because I would like his office or assistants to have prepared him a bit more on the details.

After 28+ years getting a doctor here and there, prepared for a deposition, they are so busy with patients (or autopsies) in this case, I understand that prep time is not always possible. I'm anxious to now get to Juan and see how it goes.

Some "points" are just kind of unclear or way too speculative given what they had to work with after decomp. set in.

I think that was explained in Flores' testimony -- he was not present in the room while the autopsy was being performed, but he was on the other side of the glass in the observation area. I think that's why he would not have been listed as a person who was present -- and I'm not particularly alarmed by his failure to recall a quick conversation with Flores at some point. He didn't say it didn't happen, he said he didn't recall. Not to knock doctors, but they tend to be a little arrogant and self-important and would not necessarily be impressed to recall a conversation with a lowly detective.

And while he did solidify his conclusions, he was also clear that there were aspects that could not be determined with certainty, and he was having to extrapolate from the available data. When he performed his autopsy, he was not privy to all of the crime scene data and information that subsequently came to light.

No one asked him if it would have been possible for Travis to regain consciousness within a minute or two after being incapacitated by the gunshot wound. No one asked him if a continuing attack might have produced some kind of physiological response that could have jolted him into action, despite the gunshot wound. There are many other questions that could have been asked that could have clarified this issue, but I suspect those questions were not asked because it's just not that important.

Bringing this post over from the closed thread to reply.

I have full faith in this jury. Her lies are so obvious even to a layperson, imo.

They are not going to be fooled by the antics of JAs or her agenda. They heard the real voice tone of JA on the sex tape.

DD is an idiot many times. He wants to tie everything to abuse. :banghead:

That juror.. should they exist and I dont think they do.. will have to get by 11 other sound minded jurors who will deliberate and show the one lone wolf that sympathy is not allowed when coming to a verdict. In fact they will be given that instruction. I find 99.9% of jurors do the right thing and abide by their oath, law and jury instructions. Cases like CAs are an anomaly.

IMO
MOO i think the jury even tho they might have sympathy for her, under the law, will not be able to excuse what she did. there is no evidence to support self defense. if she gets aquitted, they should let every woman in prison who murdered because of DV out.

I won't post anything again that contradicts the ME, even if it was just an opinion. To say that there is a rule everyone must agree with every Expert Witness or anyone that was at the crime scene. well, ok.

That's not how crimes are solved, that is not how anyone gets at the truth.

Again, I won't say another word about the ME.

You can say it to me. After all, I think this is a forum to DISCUSS, no? :)

To me that sounds like he couldnt tell how much intracranial hemorrhage there was because the evidence wasn't there due to decomposition.

To me that sounds like he couldnt tell how much intracranial hemorrhage there was because the evidence wasn't there due to decomposition.

Iirc it was the exact path the bullet traveled thru the brain that he wasn't able to determine due to decomp. I believe he was rather emphatic about there not being much blood inside the skull.

Bringing this post over from the closed thread to reply.

I have full faith in this jury. Her lies are so obvious even to a layperson, imo.

They are not going to be fooled by the antics of JAs or her agenda. They heard the real voice tone of JA on the sex tape.

DD is an idiot many times. He wants to tie everything to abuse. :banghead:

That juror.. should they exist and I dont think they do.. will have to get by 11 other sound minded jurors who will deliberate and show the one lone wolf that sympathy is not allowed when coming to a verdict. In fact they will be given that instruction. I find 99.9% of jurors do the right thing and abide by their oath, law and jury instructions. Cases like CAs are an anomaly.

IMO[/QUOTE MOO i think the jury even tho they might have sympathy for her, under the law, will not be able to excuse what she did. there is no evidence to support self defense. if she gets aquitted, they should let every woman in prison who murdered because of DV out.

the one 'lone wolf' can refuse to listen though. then we get the dreaded mistrial.

we had a case here once where a juror refused to deliberate. she'd cover her ears and sing when the others tried to talk to her. she laid on the floor, turned her back to the others, and did all kinds of crap. the foreperson told the judge and the judge made them continue to deliberate----mistrial!

my faith in the jury system has taken too many shots, especially recently. i PRAY there's not someone on that jury who believes her.

How does this man sleep at night knowing he could have enbabled the Mesa police to find Travis Alexander as early as the day after he was murdered instead of 5 days later when concerned friends of TA's took it upon themselves to find their missing friend? Listen to Searcy's explanation (excuses) why he never called authorities until July 15th the day Jodi Arias was arrested. Absolutely pathetic.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/14/arias-friend-she-called-me-night

O/T George zimmermans bother is on Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads