Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I hadn't looked again but you are right she has a good feel around his chest, maybe for something in a shirt pocket or something hanging around his neck under his jumper?

Gonna take your word for it Alioop. Thanks.
:gthanks:

TM knew Allison was not at the conference due to her empty seat, when did TM call GBC to enquire what happened to Allison & what was said? Surely it was during that day.*

"Good boy Bruce, how did you stop her"?
Did GBC call TM & tell her Allison won't be there so she could relax?

TM knew Allison was not at the conference due to her empty seat, when did TM call GBC to enquire what happened to Allison & what was said? Surely it was during that day.*

"Good boy Bruce, how did you stop her"?
Did GBC call TM & tell her Allison won't be there so she could relax?

Thats an interesting question. I'm sure if Bruce, (aka GBC) did call Toni with any info like that, we would have already heard, but MAYBE we haven't heard about all the calls and texts to everyone yet?
That would be huge.

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I last logged in ... but am back, getting ready for the Committal. Looking forward to interacting with you all again!

Thats an interesting question. I'm sure if Bruce, (aka GBC) did call Toni with any info like that, we would have already heard, but MAYBE we haven't heard about all the calls and texts to everyone yet?
That would be huge.

Sorry, just to add a bit more.... he could have sent a fairly coded message to tell her that she could relax and enjoy the day.

She may or may not have known what had happened or how he had sorted it, but still could have understood a coded message meaning she could relax.

We dont know what's in her statement yet???
Interesting.

If Nigelaine dont attend the committal, does everyone see this as an admission of guilt to a degree?????????
I cant see any other explanation.

Surely, if they believed in his innocence, they would be there in court, hanging on every word, trying to see if they could discover anything that could help to get him off. ???

I know there could be reasons such as fear of the media intrusion etc, but the charge he is fighting is massive, and they were a close family. I actually dont understand their absence from the hearings up to now??

I agree with you to a certain degree. Most parents would attend any serious court hearing involving their children and I'm also perplexed that they did not attended the bail hearings. If they are not at the Committal, I would think it is because they are ashamed of their son and they have lost face!

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I last logged in ... but am back, getting ready for the Committal. Looking forward to interacting with you all again!

Wowww woww woww CC!!!...what a lovely surprise!! Welcome back!!...great to see you on board again :)

I agree with you to a certain degree. Most parents would attend any serious court hearing involving their children and I'm also perplexed that they did not attended the bail hearings. If they are not at the Committal, I would think it is because they are ashamed of their son and they have lost face!

That is certainly a feasible explanation.

The father of the boy in the US who shot all those people in the batman movie, sat glaring in disgust at his boy in the court room.

It is odd for the parents not to be there at all, but there could be any one of many reasons I suppose.
I keep thinking its because of them knowing "stuff" and therefore being embarrassed to face the eyes of the public, and law enforcement, and the "intrusive " media, who might get a photo of a particular facial expression and make a headline out of it. I think a guilty conscience is difficult to hide.

MOO

That is certainly a feasible explanation.

The father of the boy in the US who shot all those people in the batman movie, sat glaring in disgust at his boy in the court room.

It is odd for the parents not to be there at all, but there could be any one of many reasons I suppose.
I keep thinking its because of them knowing "stuff" and therefore being embarrassed to face the eyes of the public, and law enforcement, and the "intrusive " media, who might get a photo of a particular facial expression and make a headline out of it. I think a guilty conscience is difficult to hide.

MOO

I suppose it boils down to how much (or little) they really know. It will be very interesting if they are somehow implicated, but I tend to believe they are not, otherwise, why haven't they been arrested after such long time?

I suppose it boils down to how much (or little) they really know. It will be very interesting if they are somehow implicated, but I tend to believe they are not, otherwise, why haven't they been arrested after such long time?

So, do you think Nigelaine see GBC as guilty and are ashamed?? (just interested in your opinion of their stance)

(I actually had never considered that before....I have always assumed they know or guess he killed her but are professing his innocence til the cows come home. Now I think about this, it is really only an assumption I have made myself. OW has prefessed his innocence, but I'm not aware Nigelaine have???))

To answer the question why haven't they been arrested yet, maybe police know or suspect they are at least accessories after the fact, but have little to prove this. ???

So, do you think Nigelaine see GBC as guilty and are ashamed?? (just interested in your opinion of their stance)

(I actually had never considered that before....I have always assumed they know or guess he killed her but are professing his innocence til the cows come home. Now I think about this, it is really nly an assumption I have made myself. OW has prefessed his innocence, but I'm not aware Nigelaine have???))

To answer the question why haven't they been arrested yet, maybe police know or suspect they are at least accessories after the fact, but have little to prove this. ???

IMO the parents believe it is possible GBC did it (more in a moment of rage than premeditated) and are ashamed of their "good" name being dragged through the mud. They may have been aware of previous possible incidents of domestic violence against ABC and therefore they may think it is possible he did it. IMO also, if the police had any indication someone else was an accessory (even after the fact), I think they would have made their move by now and arrested/charged someone else. Just all my opinion.

IMO the parents believe it is possible GBC did it (more in a moment of rage than premeditated) and are ashamed of their "good" name being dragged through the mud. They may have been aware of previous possible incidents of domestic violence against ABC and therefore they may think it is possible he did it. IMO also, if the police had any indication someone else was an accessory (even after the fact), I think they would have made their move by now and arrested/charged someone else. Just all my opinion.

Its great to hear peoples theories, especially now, so far down the track. Things have come to light and changed considerably since the early days. Its interesting to see/ hear conclusions people are coming to.

I must admit, I was shocked during the early days of Allisons disappearance when police were saying, very openly, that they believed there could well be more people involved than just one.
I always felt that they wouldn't say this unless they had good reason.
Thats maybe why I have always thought Nigel was involved.

What makes me wonder though, is, if GBC acted alone, and no-one knew anything until 6'ish the next morning when he called Olivia and Dad to come and help him, why would Olivia believe in him 100% and Mum and Dad suspect he could be guilty? (I mean even to this day, not just in the first day or so) Afterall, they had lots of time together as a family, holed up in the BC house for many days, when they could have discussed and gone over and over what might have happened to Allison.

(By the way, I do agree that the blemish to the name would be an issue for the BC's)

Its great to hear peoples theories, especially now, so far down the track. Things have come to light and changed considerably since the early days. Its interesting to see/ hear conclusions people are coming to.

I must admit, I was shocked during the early days of Allisons disappearance when police were saying, very openly, that they believed there could well be more people involved than just one.
I always felt that they wouldn't say this unless they had good reason.
Thats maybe why I have always thought Nigel was involved.

What makes me wonder though, is, if GBC acted alone, and no-one knew anything until 6'ish the next morning when he called Olivia and Dad to come and help him, why would Olivia believe in him 100% and Mum and Dad suspect he could be guilty? Afterall, they had lots of time together as a family, holed up in the BC house for many days, when they could have discussed and gone over and over what might have happened to Allison.

(By the way, I do agree that the blemish to the name would be an issue for the BC's)

There have been so many great theories here and all very interesting read. If, and I say 'if' anybody else is involved, I would think it is NBC. Why is OW so supportive of her brother? I think her religious believes may come into play and also, if the parents are not really supportive, she may feel that GBC doesn't have anybody else hence she is the only one who can support his attempts to prove that he is innocent. There could be a clear divide in the family with regards to who believes what, ie. parents could think he did it and sister could think he is not capable of such a horrendous crime (or vice-versa). It will be very interesting once the Committal starts and we get to find out a few more details of what the prosecution believe happened to ABC.

There have been so many great theories here and all very interesting read. If, and I say 'if' anybody is involved, I would think it is NBC. Why is OW so supportive of her brother? I think her religious believes may come into play and also, if the parents are not really supportive, she may feel that GBC doesn't have anybody else hence she is the only one who can support his attempts to prove that he is innocent. There could be a clear divide in the family with regards to who believes what, ie. parents could think he did it and sister could think he is not capable of such a horrendous crime (or vice-versa). It will be very interesting once the Committal starts and we get to find out a few more details of what the prosecution believe happened to ABC.

I really appreciate you offering a different perspective to the one I had almost concluded to myself. It has opened my eyes again to other possibiltes, and I too cant wait to hear what the committal will bring.

What an intriguing and puzzling case this is.
So nice to share everyones thoughts.

Now I can hardly wait to see if the BC's will be at the Committal!!!! Even more than before :)

I really appreciate you offering a different perspective to the one I had almost concluded to myself. It has opened my eyes again to other possibiltes, and I too cant wait to hear what the committal will bring.

What an intriguing and puzzling case this is.
So nice to share everyones thoughts.

That's what this forum is all about. Exchange views and theories about what really happened to lovely Allison. One thing this case has done for me, is that it has opened my eyes to how widespread domestic violence is and how many women end up murdered by their partners ... and also how many women suffer in silence for years and years.

There have been so many great theories here and all very interesting read. If, and I say 'if' anybody else is involved, I would think it is NBC. Why is OW so supportive of her brother? I think her religious believes may come into play and also, if the parents are not really supportive, she may feel that GBC doesn't have anybody else hence she is the only one who can support his attempts to prove that he is innocent. There could be a clear divide in the family with regards to who believes what, ie. parents could think he did it and sister could think he is not capable of such a horrendous crime (or vice-versa). It will be very interesting once the Committal starts and we get to find out a few more details of what the prosecution believe happened to ABC.
Hello Case Closed. Not wanting to sound picky and all, but was wondering why you would place any significance on OW's religious beliefs.
They may be like her brother's. He had no problems fronting up to Church on the Sunday after Allison went missing.
Not a bad cover. Church. Religious. Pious even. An outward show to all the world that he is beyond reproach.
Plenty of people hide all manner of sins behind religion. The only way to know is by their fruit.
I have even wondered about OW's husband.
Being a man of the cloth does not exonerate him from God's Laws. Murder, Adultery and False Witness included.

That's what this forum is all about. Exchange views and theories about what really happened to lovely Allison. One thing this case has done for me, is that it has opened my eyes to how widespread domestic violence is and how many women end up murdered by their partners ... and also how many women suffer in silence for years and years.

As well as that, for me, it has been about the dangerous trait, often taught to us as youngsters, and often something that families in the middle and higher socio-economic group place high importance on, is the emphasis placed on appearances, and making sure everything looks good on the outside.
Personally speaking, I was brought up this way. It was drummed into me to always project a happy face, to give the appearance that all is well, afterall no-one fails in our family.
On my wedding day my mother said to me, "dont you ever get divorced, there has never been a divorce in this family, and dont you be the first." My marriage was not happy, and I struggled for years to make it work, until I had a nervous breakdown. Then I was told by my mother that I shoudn't have worried about what she said, but the words had rung in my ears for years. I did what I believed was expected of me- to keep up appearances.

If there was ever a wrong way of living, I believe this is it. I'm not saying marriage shouldn't be taken seriously and that we should assume it is forever, but we should never live our lives according to what others might think. The whole concept of feeling like we cant fail, needs to be loosened somewhat. Its so important to be allowed to do and feel free to do what you know is right for you, and if need be, for your children.

Allisons best friend said this was how Allison was, and I can so relate to that bar that she set for herself, despite what she must have known in her heart was not right for a long time. I feel so sad for Allison, and I believe this lesson needs to get out there.

( sorry for the personal tale, but just felt it relevant to this discussion)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member