Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the parents believe it is possible GBC did it (more in a moment of rage than premeditated) and are ashamed of their "good" name being dragged through the mud. They may have been aware of previous possible incidents of domestic violence against ABC and therefore they may think it is possible he did it. IMO also, if the police had any indication someone else was an accessory (even after the fact), I think they would have made their move by now and arrested/charged someone else. Just all my opinion.
Wouldn't it be better to have at least the main actor securely behind bars, tried and sentenced, and remaining behind bars. (Key word Secured.)
If the main actor can escape in some technicality of law, then what hope is there for securing the others?
May true justice prevail.

Hello Case Closed. Not wanting to sound picky and all, but was wondering why you would place any significance on OW's religious beliefs.
They may be like her brother's. He had no problems fronting up to Church on the Sunday after Allison went missing.
Not a bad cover. Church. Religious. Pious even. An outward show to all the world that he is beyond reproach.
Plenty of people hide all manner of sins behind religion. The only way to know is by their fruit.
I have even wondered about OW's husband.
Being a man of the cloth does not exonerate him from God's Laws. Murder, Adultery and False Witness included.

Hi LadyBird1, yes, I agree that plenty of so called very religious people may hide behind their Church. In this case, considering OW is married to a Pastor, leads me to believe that she has strong beliefs herself (may be not?) and would think her brother could not have done something like this. But, you never really know.

Wouldn't it be better to have at least the main actor securely behind bars, tried and sentenced, and remaining behind bars. (Key word Secured.)
If the main actor can escape in some technicality of law, then what hope is there for securing the others?
May true justice prevail.

Yes, it would. However, this is a huge case here in Brisbane and I think the police would not let it go, if they thought there was an accessory. If there was someone else involved, I believe they have hand ample time to act upon it. IMO.

Many many parents have sat through every day of their loved one's trial.

Are we expecting the Dickies to be there or do they know who murdered Allison and if so, how hard was it for them to stand shoulder to shoulder with the perp at her funeral with the knowledge an arrest was coming?

Were all the BC's at Allison's funeral?

counting down tick tock tick tock

Yes, it would. However, this is a huge case here in Brisbane and I think the police would not let it go, if they thought there was an accessory. If there was someone else involved, I believe they have hand ample time to act upon it. IMO.

Great to see you back CC! :)

I have always thought there was at least one accessory, perhaps largely in part because the police did mention so early on that an accomplice was a real possibility, and also the sightings of two cars. I now wonder if they may have said this to "encourage" GBC to come clean - if there was a possibility his family may be wrongly implicated, it might freak him out and force him to tell the truth? There was a lot of cat and mouse going on with the police/media/GBC in those weeks leading up to the arrest. Hopefully we will find out more about this.

Also, I am getting a bit more inclined to believe that GBC may have carried out the murder on his own, now that we know (allegedly) that the body may have been thrown over the bridge. To me this reeks of a desperate and alone (and stupid) GBC, freaking out and needing to do the deed quickly. If his father was involved at this point, I think it would have been planned and hidden a bit better. This is only my opinion and thoughts.

Great to see you back CC! :)

I have always thought there was at least one accessory, perhaps largely in part because the police did mention so early on that an accomplice was a real possibility, and also the sightings of two cars. I now wonder if they may have said this to "encourage" GBC to come clean - if there was a possibility his family may be wrongly implicated, it might freak him out and force him to tell the truth? There was a lot of cat and mouse going on with the police/media/GBC in those weeks leading up to the arrest. Hopefully we will find out more about this.

Also, I am getting a bit more inclined to believe that GBC may have carried out the murder on his own, now that we know (allegedly) that the body may have been thrown over the bridge. To me this reeks of a desperate and alone (and stupid) GBC, freaking out and needing to do the deed quickly. If his father was involved at this point, I think it would have been planned and hidden a bit better. This is only my opinion and thoughts.

I too have been wondering why he dumped Allison off the bridge, if indeed he really killed her for the insurance money.
He needed a body to claim, so there would have been hundreds of better places to leave her, where she could have been found.

If it was a pre-meditated murder, I keep thinking he would have thought up a better scenario. eg she fell down stairs, started to fit, next thing her eyes rolled back in her head, I called an ambulance but she was dead.Sobbing, (baseball bat hidden) and fingers crossed no-one picks that the injuries are not quite a match.
Another scenario could have been, suffocate her, throw her down a hole, announce the gone for a walk didn't return theory, and in a few days or a week, the body is found down a hole, and who suspects she was suffocated first and didn't die from the fall and exposure.

These would be easily formed plans where the outcome ( a dead wife and an insurance payout) was easily achieved.

His scenario however, reeks of panic and non-planning.
-Injuries sustained by him that scream violent altercation
-body dumped in haste where it may never have been found (unless he tipped off the canoeist)
-a heap of muddled up stories- went for a walk, was depressed, maybe suicided but no note and no car, phone etc,...

As far as pre-mediated goes, it seems like GBC did plan to kill Allison at some time, but that the night it occurred took him by surprise.
My guess is a domestic dispute escalated and he decided to just do it then and there.
I agree, if NBC was involved in the deed in any way before the event, the planning would have been better.
If he was called on in the middle of the night though, to help dispose of a body, and it was all a shock to him, I could see that a poorly thought out dumping plan may have been arrived at.
I cant say at this satge whether I think he was involved or not, but I'm thinking yes, but not until late, and that there was no real plan.

Alioop, can you remind me, do the police need to prove motive or does that just help build their case, if he can be shown to have had a motive?
I know he was in dire financial straits, but the motive for me seems thin if her body was so unlikely to have been found, therefore not allowing him to claim for many, many years.

MOO as always

I don't think they will be there. Only OW.

I agree CC. OW represents the B-C family in the court room. Her presence is not necessarily a moral issue. We cannot judge as to whether she is there in support of GBC himself. We can comment of course, however them's the facts. The directive is that a family member be present if possible.

The Dickie family also have had a family representative in the courtroom on every occasion. This person is not high profile and so they are not commented on by us or the media, but they are there I can assure you. I have that on good authority.

What is beaut is that the alleged murderer has to be there this time and for a whole six days and GBC can't do more than wriggle on his seat and try to catch all the young girls eyes.

I agree CC. OW represents the B-C family in the court room. Her presence is not necessarily a moral issue. We cannot judge as to whether she is there in support of GBC himself. We can comment of course, however them's the facts. The directive is that a family member be present if possible.

The Dickie family also have had a family representative in the courtroom on every occasion. This person is not high profile and so they are not commented on by us or the media, but they are there I can assure you. I have that on good authority.

What is beaut is that the alleged murderer has to be there this time and for a whole six days and GBC can't do more than wriggle on his seat and try to catch all the young girls eyes.

Very well said.

And another perspective again.

I had always assumed, due to the email of Olivias that stated her unwaivering support, that she indeed believed in her brother 100%, but that was before the bail hearings. She may have changed her opinion since then, although we have no reason to say that she has.
She hasn't said or written anything to that effect since the bail hearings.

Alioop, can you remind me, do the police need to prove motive or does that just help build their case, if he can be shown to have had a motive?
I know he was in dire financial straits, but the motive for me seems thin if her body was so unlikely to have been found, therefore not allowing him to claim for many, many years.

MOO as always

Sure Obby. Motive is part of the intent element of murder, the reasons behind the intent. So there has to be an intent to kill or to do grevious bodily harm. The police case is that GBC's reasons/motives/intention to kill Allison was to collect on her insurances as he was in dire and pressing finance trouble and to get out of his marriage to be with TM and to keep his daughters. A double motive in essence. Having Allison dead solved all his problems!

Without a body, any insurance payouts would have taken a long time, a few years. But Allison's body was found after only 11 days, so if it was his plan for her body to be found, it worked well for him and the timing was perfect as the delay meant valuable evidence was destroyed including a cause of death. So the finding of the body was either very well planned or he just got lucky, we don't know! What we do know is that he was busting a gut to claim on the insurances with undue haste. That is not normal behaviour of a grieving husband.

Sure Obby. Motive is the intent element of murder. So there has to be an intent to kill or to do grevious bodily harm. The police case is that GBC's reasons/motives/intention to kill Allison was to collect on her insurances as he was in dire and pressing finance trouble and to get out of his marriage to be with TM and to keep his daughters. A double motive in essence. Having Allison dead solved all his problems!

Without a body, any insurance payouts would have taken a long time, a few years. But Allison's body was found after only 11 days, so if it was his plan for her body to be found, it worked well for him and the timing was perfect as the delay meant valuable evidence was destroyed including a cause of death. So the finding of the body was either very well planned or he just got lucky, we don't know! What we do know is that he was busting a gut to claim on the insurances with undue haste. That is not normal behaviour of a grieving husband.

Thanks so much for your helpful explanation as usual Alioop. The double motive is something I hadn't really considered.

Very well said.

And another perspective again.

I had always assumed, due to the email of Olivias that stated her unwaivering support, that she indeed believed in her brother 100%, but that was before the bail hearings. She may have changed her opinion since then, although we have no reason to say that she has.
She hasn't said or written anything to that effect since the bail hearings.
Thinking about OW's unwavering support. Or what appears as unwavering upport.
Both OW and GBC have had time in the Army. Tough exterior, tough thinking, tough behavior for Army recruits. No room for personal emotionalism.
Both should be well equipped to deal with tender issues with toughness.
That's Army.

Police are back at the house this afternoon - saw at least 3 cars. I wonder what's happening now? Very interesting.....

Police are back at the house this afternoon - saw at least 3 cars. I wonder what's happening now? Very interesting.....

:what:

jojo, has the house appeared to have had any tenants since the BC's do you know? Just wondering if they ever rented it.
Thanks for the news flash too, by the way.

Thanks jojo. I'll never give up on police finding Allison's phone...hoping that may be a reason for them being there.

Both OW and GBC have had time in the Army. Tough exterior, tough thinking, tough behavior for Army recruits. No room for personal emotionalism.
That's Army.

I thought thatGBC was only in the army reserve ?

Wow thanks jojo great sluething! :great: I wonder what they are looking for after such a long time!
Is it the phone hidden in a toilet cistern, shower drain, in an old septic tank or rainwater tank or could they be checking for blood, even after a good clean blood residue can remain.
If the property has been rented maybe the tenants found something.
Maybe someone is now talking

That's Army.

Lets not forget that OW has grown up in this environment of 'the family name must not be tarnished'. While she might have a different surname now (lucky girl)- I imagine she would be more than happy to project her beliefs and history upon the current situation. :what:

Only OW knows how she transacts this 'apparent' discord with her Baptist faith and belief system. I think she needs to be united with her parents and her husbands ministry - what other sort of approach could we expect?

BTW I don't think the owners have been successful in finding tennants for that house so anything the police find will be relevant to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth