CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think anytime a significant other of a victim is involved in criminal activity, it must be looked at very carefully.

Did he rat someone out who might have harmed her?

Did she run fearing her own arrest?

Is there a bus depot or train station where her car was found? Maybe if her car was actually parked at one of these places, that could be why they feel no foul play likely, especially if she was seen parking it?

Donthe Lucas played basketball at Northeastern Junior College. 6'8" forward. Good player in high school at Pueblo Central. He does not appear to have made the jump to a 4 year school.

This is NOT the same person. Kelsie has not been found.

This post was to answer another members question re: Kelsy Smith being abducted by Edwin Hall post #72 . I did not imply it was the same Kelsie/Kelsy. Please read the previous posts if you are still confused Sleuthgirl.

Is there a bus depot or train station where her car was found? Maybe if her car was actually parked at one of these places, that could be why they feel no foul play likely, especially if she was seen parking it?

According to google maps Greyhound bus station is 5.1 miles, I think the closest train station is in denver.

We had computer issues and I've been offline, but chomping at the bit to come post here on Kelsie's thread. I live about a mile and a half from the Wal-Mart she was last seen at. The area is decent, the only blight on it IMO is the Wal-Mart itself. In fact, Pueblo's most exclusive addresses are just to the west of the area. I let my kids walk there, FWIW. I have lived in a lot of places, and the Pueblo PD is probably the best I've ever seen. If they're being tight lipped, there's a very good reason. I think the car was hidden, or in a remote place-I don't believe it would have taken them days to find it if it were merely parked in Pueblo proper. I think the BOLO for Kelsie and her car was in effect long before the public knew about it. I don't believe the police are being honest about the "no foul play" comment. I think that's to let someone think they're home free so they can perhaps follow them and have him lead them to Kelsie. I don't believe this beautiful girl would unnecessarily worry her family-they appear to be a very close knit and supportive group of people. I think something horrible has happened to her, whether by the bf or a random stranger, I'm still not sure. As far as the supposed letter written to a supposed "reporter", I'm not sure that wasn't written by the reporter herself, so all that information I'm taking with a ton of salt. I'm praying for this beautiful young woman, and her family, and hope that they find closure.

I grew up in Fountain and have a pretty good idea where you are speaking of. I wish there was more information, but I am glad to hear you feel so confident with LE.

Respectfully snipped:
The area is decent, the only blight on it IMO is the Wal-Mart itself.
That made me laugh - :floorlaugh:

On the more serious side, thank you for all the info about the area - gives a good perspective! Also agree with your feelings about the case.

KKTV just did a report, and said that DL was arrested Friday, and bonded out Monday. There were some dates in question, so I hope that helps straighten out some of the confusion. And Leigh-greetings to you! I do feel very confident about the PD. I wouldn't advise criminals come to Pueblo lol. The judges around here aren't afraid to sentence folks pretty harshly, either, but I have no problem with this. Thanks, OldSteve. I wish I could be more helpful, but the cops sure haven't given us much to go on. Here's an excerpt from an article in the Chieftain about him when he was voted their MVP almost 3 years ago:
Lucas regularly wowed the crowd with highlight-reel dunks, but he also showed the ability to knock down the midrange jumper and is a solid free-throw shooter. Teams often tried to go physically at Lucas, who used to be vulnerable due to his raw emotion, but he showed the ability this season to hold his ground and maintain a controlled demeanor.
http://www.chieftain.com/sports/local/article_0b921b27-c965-5b54-b8e8-6eee7ab457cd.html
B/SBM

KKTV just did a report, and said that DL was arrested Friday, and bonded out Monday. There were some dates in question, so I hope that helps straighten out some of the confusion. And Leigh-greetings to you! I do feel very confident about the PD. I wouldn't advise criminals come to Pueblo lol. The judges around here aren't afraid to sentence folks pretty harshly, either, but I have no problem with this. Thanks, OldSteve. I wish I could be more helpful, but the cops sure haven't given us much to go on. Here's an excerpt from an article in the Chieftain about him when he was voted their MVP almost 3 years ago:
Lucas regularly wowed the crowd with highlight-reel dunks, but he also showed the ability to knock down the midrange jumper and is a solid free-throw shooter. Teams often tried to go physically at Lucas, who used to be vulnerable due to his raw emotion, but he showed the ability this season to hold his ground and maintain a controlled demeanor.
http://www.chieftain.com/sports/local/article_0b921b27-c965-5b54-b8e8-6eee7ab457cd.html
B/SBM

What are you trying to imply? He has not been even labeled a Suspect or POI yet.

What are you trying to imply? He has not been even labeled a Suspect or POI yet.
I am not trying to be a smart butt but he is who she went to see, I want to know where was he, what was he doing...maybe just to rule him out.

When will you people get with the times and realize that POI's just aren't named anymore?!?!?

The kid was arrested under a sealed order and was the person the victim was going to see. Do you want the police to release a statement and share the evidence they have as well as their general thought process before you will discuss this guy?

This is your POI.

When will you people get with the times and realize that POI's just aren't named anymore?!?!?

The kid was arrested under a sealed order and was the person the victim was going to see. Do you want the police to release a statement and share the evidence they have as well as their general thought process before you will discuss this guy?

This is your POI.

I agree they have a POI as why not try to get info from the public by releasing where her car was found? I also agree it is him, if in fact he was not in jail at the time, a point on which I am confused. I believe I read here that he was?

Fwiw,I am not saying its him. Just some verification of where he was and doing... Go from there. I hope he wasn't involved, there is nothing to suggest is is or was. Just one question down, and the move on to the next step.

This is not looking good. Kelsie has been missing for over 3 weeks. Nothing reported indicates this was a voluntary disappearance. If Kelsie felt she was in danger by her boyfriend or there had been issues, her family and friends would have disclosed all these personal details to the PD and I hope they are close to cracking this. I just don't see her having the means to vanish without a trace without wanting to contact a loved one to let them know she's safe. She seems very close to her family.

I have a sick feeling about this. I think something has gotten out of hand :( I am not entertaining abduction possibilities until a certain someone has been completely cleared.

Thinking of you Kelsie. :(

Donthe Lucas played basketball at Northeastern Junior College. 6'8" forward. Good player in high school at Pueblo Central. He does not appear to have made the jump to a 4 year school.

Where did you see this, that he played for NJC.... NJC is located in the NE corner of Colorado.... Do you have a link?

Has anyone seen it anywhere ... how long had they been gf and bf? With him having graduated in 2012 from NJC, in NE Colorado, very likely this was a fairly new relationship. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288