Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I have seen the house doesn't look as though anyone lives there yet. Grass is mown occasionally but I've not seen any cars. Maybe it's a last attempt to find more evidence? Maybe fresh eyes?

Police are back at the house this afternoon - saw at least 3 cars. I wonder what's happening now? Very interesting.....

Jojo, any news yet on how long they stayed or how many were there? Any sign of any other cars?

Sorry, but the suspense is killing me.

With at least 3 cars it doesn't sound like its just a fresh eyes visit. I'm hoping something has come to light. Maybe he slipped up and told one of his "new friends" where something was????? oooooh, fingers crossed.

Jojo, any news yet on how long they stayed or how many were there? Any sign of any other cars?

Sorry, but the suspense is killing me.

With at least 3 cars it doesn't sound like its just a fresh eyes visit. I'm hoping something has come to light. Maybe he slipped up and told one of his "new friends" where something was????? oooooh, fingers crossed.

He wouldn't want to talk in his sleep

The suspense is overwhelming here too Obs

Wouldn't it be great if there was a mole in his cell?

Or maybe just maybe the person mowing the lawn stumbled across something, or the owners. Seems very timely so close to the court appearence, that there were 3 police cars there again.

I bet if none of 'Scull Manor' knew about it and find out they will have skid marks on their undies.......when they do.

Perhaps TM has had another chat to police.

If there is a 'Mole' in his cell they could write a book about the 'Rat and the Mole'.....'Badger' might get his nose out of joint!!!!!?????

If it's the phone every one wants found what a break through!:banghead::jail:

Great to see you back CC! :)

I have always thought there was at least one accessory, perhaps largely in part because the police did mention so early on that an accomplice was a real possibility, and also the sightings of two cars. I now wonder if they may have said this to "encourage" GBC to come clean - if there was a possibility his family may be wrongly implicated, it might freak him out and force him to tell the truth? There was a lot of cat and mouse going on with the police/media/GBC in those weeks leading up to the arrest. Hopefully we will find out more about this.

Also, I am getting a bit more inclined to believe that GBC may have carried out the murder on his own, now that we know (allegedly) that the body may have been thrown over the bridge. To me this reeks of a desperate and alone (and stupid) GBC, freaking out and needing to do the deed quickly. If his father was involved at this point, I think it would have been planned and hidden a bit better. This is only my opinion and thoughts.

Thank you, Thinking! :)
I still believe she was rolled off the side of the bridge considering that she apparently had no fractures. There are too many mistakes in his so called "planning", therefore I do still believe she died in a moment of violence and not a specific planned date that GBC may have intended on harming her. I'm not saying that he may not have had thoughts of getting rid of her at some point in the future, but I don't think it was planned for that night/morning. I believe he acted alone and the FaceTime call to his father may have been to let him know what had happened, seeking help, panicking ... and it is possible that NBC did not want to get involved in his mess and left him alone to sort it out. My opinion only.

Great news about police at the house again!!! Thank you to all the locals who provide these bits of info!!

Does anybody have information as to whether GBC is in the general population at the Correctional Centre or has he been kept in isolation all these months? If he has been kept in isolation and single cell, it would be difficult for him to talk to the 'buddies' in there, but if he has been part of the general population, he is in there mixing with 'crooks', who to further their own cases, may have been 'spying' for QPS. I wish I was a fly on the wall in there!!!

Surely they couldn't be looking for the phone at the house. If that phone was connected to Fig Tree Pocket tower before it went flat then why would it have been brought back to the house. I think that phone is long lost. But they could well be relooking for other evidence of course. I wonder if it is something specific or just another general search.

Does anybody have information as to whether GBC is in the general population at the Correctional Centre or has he been kept in isolation all these months? If he has been kept in isolation and single cell, it would be difficult for him to talk to the 'buddies' in there, but if he has been part of the general population, he is in there mixing with 'crooks', who to further their own cases, may have been 'spying' for QPS. I wish I was a fly on the wall in there!!!

CC, I'm pretty sure that after his little transitioning period in the hospital he was moved to general population. I'm thinking it was after about 2 weeks of being in there. Could be wrong.

Sure Obby. Motive is part of the intent element of murder, the reasons behind the intent. So there has to be an intent to kill or to do grevious bodily harm. The police case is that GBC's reasons/motives/intention to kill Allison was to collect on her insurances as he was in dire and pressing finance trouble and to get out of his marriage to be with TM and to keep his daughters. A double motive in essence. Having Allison dead solved all his problems!

Without a body, any insurance payouts would have taken a long time, a few years. But Allison's body was found after only 11 days, so if it was his plan for her body to be found, it worked well for him and the timing was perfect as the delay meant valuable evidence was destroyed including a cause of death. So the finding of the body was either very well planned or he just got lucky, we don't know! What we do know is that he was busting a gut to claim on the insurances with undue haste. That is not normal behaviour of a grieving husband.

I think he was lucky that the floods shortly after ABC died did not wash the body further down stream. I think he is absolutely "cooked" ... lover(s) and financial ruin are two very strong motives for murder!

I so wish that we had Court TV here and that the whole thing was televised!
:jail:

So, do you think Nigelaine see GBC as guilty and are ashamed?? (just interested in your opinion of their stance)

(I actually had never considered that before....I have always assumed they know or guess he killed her but are professing his innocence til the cows come home. Now I think about this, it is really only an assumption I have made myself. OW has prefessed his innocence, but I'm not aware Nigelaine have???))

To answer the question why haven't they been arrested yet, maybe police know or suspect they are at least accessories after the fact, but have little to prove this. ???

I agree, I have found their absence from court unusual. Even family of guilty parties usually attend court to support (but not necessarily condone) their family member. Elaine, particularly, has been very private. Embarrassment and shame at realising what her son may have done may be the reason for the non show.

Very well said.

And another perspective again.

I had always assumed, due to the email of Olivias that stated her unwaivering support, that she indeed believed in her brother 100%, but that was before the bail hearings. She may have changed her opinion since then, although we have no reason to say that she has.
She hasn't said or written anything to that effect since the bail hearings.

Olivia looked absolutely shell shocked following the first bail application. My impression was she walked in believing in GBCs innocence but walked out with a very different opinion.

Surely they couldn't be looking for the phone at the house. If that phone was connected to Fig Tree Pocket tower before it went flat then why would it have been brought back to the house. I think that phone is long lost. But they could well be relooking for other evidence of course. I wonder if it is something specific or just another general search.

I don't think it's the phone either, I think that place would have been scoured within an inch months ago. My thoughts are they are trying to find anything to help the case given that its less than three weeks away. Stranger things have happened. IMO.

Olivia looked absolutely shell shocked following the first bail application. My impression was she walked in believing in GBCs innocence but walked out with a very different opinion.

Hmm interesting. Shell shocked - would you say on par to her supportive demeanour with GBC at the media interview? At that time -I though she was trying to appease all parties there. Indignant that people could think her brother was guilty, needing to provide a strong pillar of support that her family could not have mistreated one of their 'so called' own, ready to accept that Allison had done herself in and she still hadn't discounted the stranger abduction theory. Wow Aliens could have taken Allison the amount of garbage they have expected people to swallow about this case!

I think he was lucky that the floods shortly after ABC died did not wash the body further down stream. I think he is absolutely "cooked" ... lover(s) and financial ruin are two very strong motives for murder!

I so wish that we had Court TV here and that the whole thing was televised!
:jail:

Alioop, can you help us? Have there ever been televised court appearances in Brisbane? Given that its so high profile?

Thank you, Thinking! :)
I still believe she was rolled off the side of the bridge considering that she apparently had no fractures. There are too many mistakes in his so called "planning", therefore I do still believe she died in a moment of violence and not a specific planned date that GBC may have intended on harming her. I'm not saying that he may not have had thoughts of getting rid of her at some point in the future, but I don't think it was planned for that night/morning. I believe he acted alone and the FaceTime call to his father may have been to let him know what had happened, seeking help, panicking ... and it is possible that NBC did not want to get involved in his mess and left him alone to sort it out. My opinion only.

Yes ,I agree . I think he acted alone too . His plan was to leave the car at the bridge ( or elsewhere ) but would have needed a ride home from someone who must not have agreed . Everything got all jumbled up in the panic . At some stage he ran out of time to think it all through properly . Good thing too .. .

Alioop, can you help us? Have there ever been televised court appearances in Brisbane? Given that its so high profile?

None that I know. Just MSM artists doing sketches of the accused.

I was holidaying in the US when the trial of Scott Peterson for the murder of his wife Lacey and unborn child was happening and my mum and I got addicted to the court TV channel within a couple of days. Wherever we went in the US we had to turn on court TV. I think it imposed onto our sightseeing too much but it was fascinating even for me as a lawyer! Though it went way slower than what you see on TV shows and there are a lot of boring bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79