jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi resembles a LOT of people in her purely physical appearance. The only similarities between her and Andrea Yates are the hair color, glasses (sometimes) and bangs (sometimes). So her and about 10 million other woman resemble each other :::shrug:::

The similarities aren't exactly what I'd call "striking"

Andrea+Yates.JPG

I didn't say I thought she was the spitting image.

She also looks like my neighbor, Lorraine.... But since no one else here knows Lorraine there no point mentioning it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are to believe the gun was actually put on that shelf, no, I do not believe she could reach it without standing on something. Actually it is most likely just another of her fabrications to explain where the gun came from. I don't believe it was ever in the closet.

MOO

Nope. I agree. A single man IMO that owns a
gun would keep it in a bedside table or under the pillow next to him.
How many men lived in the home?
Travis didn't fear anything! He left his freaking doors unlocked!
(well other than Jodi)
Come on! IMO she had threatened him at some point.
HE EVEN TOLD HIS FRIENDS!!!
IF. I. fail. to. show. up. at. church. one. Sunday....

He was semi joking.

ETA: where was the rest of the ammo?
HOW did Jodi even know for sure it was loaded?
UNLESS SHE HAD CHECKED upon UPON AWAKENING

B O O M !!!!! ~still premeditated even if it wasn't grandpas gun.
Does anyone believe he knew she was headed to Mesa?
Any phone records to back up her Bs ?

Because there were more victims? They were children?

Yes. And because they were her children, were completely innocent and died at her hand while struggling the entire time and knowing that their own mother was killing them.

My problem has always been that if you chase your children through the house and catch them and then drown them, what difference does it make if you are crazy by the legal term of the law. You killed your children and that is it. And you deserve to die. That case was sickening and living in Texas we heard every gory detail. No excuse and no reason to give her any kind of forgiveness. I hated that she even went to prison and now she is out. OMG. JMO

Andrea Yates was mentally ill and had been for quite some time. She suffered from severe post-partum depression after the birth of her fourth child and attempted to commit suicide multiple times. Before and after her fifth pregnancy, she developed post-partum psychosis. There were many warning signs to her husband and doctors that she was capable of harming herself or the children.

Now that she is on medication and is lucid, I believe that having to live everyday with the knowledge of what she's done is the worst punishment she could suffer. MOO

Sorry to be OT, but Andrea Yates is a tragic case of untreated mental illness. IMO She was ill. Jodi is evil.

I wonder if Mr. Martinez is going to bring in the shelves to prove she couldn't reach? It would be another really good impeachment of her testimony. When juries visually see an impeachment it really impacts their view of the defendants testimony as unreliable.

I believe she said she climbed or stepped on a lower shelf to reach the gun on the top shelf. Unfortunately, I don't believe for a minute the gun existed, unless SHE brought it there and planted it in the closet in the hours/minutes prior to shooting him.

Thanks, Grandpa (not a dig on Grandpa - he must feel terrible wondering if his gun was part of all this... another thing to dislike about this defendant.

I didn't say I thought she was the spitting image.

She also looks like my neighbor, Lorraine.... But since no one else here knows Lorraine there no point mentioning it

OMG that made me LOL...and if is around it will be even funnier for some old reason I can't remember 100% but we go way back with a "lorraine" joke. lol

I've read through as many pages as I could here - it looks like I'm not the only one picking apart JA's rendition of what happened June 4th and having it not work at all.

I wish I had the skills to create a 3D recreation that shows her movements and his (supposed) movements all to scale within the hall/rooms - and follow her account of things like "I ran down the hall" - I have a hall the same length, with a similar layout (angled door on one end) and it would take maybe a second and a half to get from being on the floor to the opposite end - especially if running for you life.

She says she is more IN the bathroom than Travis (she's by the tub, he's in the shower which is closer to the bedroom door - and out).

She drops the camera, from her crouched position (?) or waist high - how is she showing photos to Travis (who's in a running shower) while taking great care to keep the camera from getting wet(?), didn't break it, obviously - and he gets out of the shower (soaking wet and naked), lifts her up by the tub area - and slams her to the tile on the bathroom floor.

She rolls, gets up, runs down the hall (not into the closet via the door next to the shower) and can HEAR Travis running after her. That 'chase scene' would be so momentary... a running adult making maybe 2 - tops 3 - strides to reach the other end.

So she gets to the end of the hall and runs into the closet at the bedroom end - when the bedroom door leading out of the house is nearly equidistant - but a left turn instead of a right into the closet. She closes the door behind her, intending 'to run through the opposite end' (her testimony) - which would be through the door leading into the bathroom... no outlet - no door to the outside in the bathroom. And Travis is either back in the bathroom or could be in a split second. And she'd be cornered. My bet is there aren't locks on the closet doors - and she didn't say she locked the door just shut it. No lock on our walk-in closet (different layout, but similarly made home, so I don't know about locks).

She says, "As soon I got in there [the closet], I began to run" - the closet is shorter than the hall, which at it's longest measure is about 12'. Add the shelving and angled doors on either end of the closet, and you're talking about a floor area about 8-9'. How do you 'begin' running in such a small space? Oh! To get the gun on the very top shelf on the wall of the closet closest to the shower.

And then she runs out "the other door" (her testimony) - not sure which is the 'other' at this point... other than the one she went in (bedroom side) would be through the door that opens into the bathroom. Or does "the other door" mean something else? Whichever door, she ran out as he was opening the door - and the 'chase' is on again... so she turns around and points the gun at him so he'd stop. He's still completely wet and naked - apparently too full of rage to see if his camera works. (sigh).

What is Travis doing all this time? Just pacing in the hall - waiting for her? Banging on the bedroom-closet door? Or the 'other' closet door?

Nurmi says, "You told us you grabbed the gun and got OUT through the closet." "Yes." Didn't think she shot him, just that he was mad because the gun discharged "went off" accidentally. BuII. Even if this was the scenario and he was shot first during this closet-hall-closet chase scene, he was shot in the temple and she would have noticed because he would have bled profusely, I believe. Contrary to the ME's findings.

And then fade to black - no memory of stabbing Travis, dragging him, nothing.

She 'wakes up' in the desert with blood all over her hands.

No. She could not have gotten through the house (doors, run the dishwasher, washing machine, or move through the house leaving NO blood evidence (except a minute amount on the washer). I don't believe this. She had to have washed before she left the house. Period.

It just doesn't seem to work in this world and it's rules of physics, time, reason, forensics, (thanks to our firearms-knowledgeable WSers) weapon 'behaviour' and common sense to name a few.

A 3D rendition of her explanation would be awesome, I think it would really illustrate how what she said simply wouldn't work and didn't happen as she claims.

What is so unbelievable is just how many scenarios there are within this crime that are just as disjointed and not credible. Just stunning.

I'd say 'you can't make this stuff up' but actually, that's ALL that can be done with JA's set of 'facts', because you certainly can't make them fit reality on any meaningful level... not imv.

I haven't put as much thought into this as you have because....

when I got to the part, that she ran into the closet, everything after that doesn't make sense because the closet has two doors. If you are afraid of being attacked you don't run towards your attacker, you go the other way.

IMO there is absolutely nothing about her to like. I think they're doing their job and are not emotionally invested in her at all. Jose Baez IMO actually grew fond of Casey, it showed and worked in her favor.

there is no warm and fuzzy there at all. I dont even think Willmot shares her altoids with her.

:lol:

:yesss:

:skip:

The new "Rachel".

lmao

You know, I wouldn't try and pull off braids in that courtroom but I do think I could sport a Juando. Just to send you guys a message. Maybe on her sentencing day. Gosh that's gonna feel good.

IMO there is absolutely nothing about her to like. I think they're doing their job and are not emotionally invested in her at all. Jose Baez IMO actually grew fond of Casey, it showed and worked in her favor.

ITA - I sense no fondess from either of the DT - in fact, I often catch Wilmott staring JA like, "wow - just wow", lol. I know that Nurmi has tried to withdraw a gazillion times & the court just wouldn't let him. Regarding the motion JA made to admit the supposed pedophile letters - I thought I read that she was representing herself during that time, and I am wondering if it is because Nurmi knew the letters were BS and that it would be unethical for him to make the motion? It's just that I don't recall her doing anything else while representing herself besides trying to get those letters admitted. I could absolutely not believe her arrogance on the stand the other day and I imagine she pretty much ignores her DT when they tell her anything she doesn't want to hear, so I doubt we'll see much change in demeanor come Monday. Here's hoping, anyway!

BTW - I'm new here, Hi! :seeya:

I didn't follow the Yates case intently, but if it's correct that she was completely mentally ill -- like massively mentally ill, then I don't think she's responsible for her actions to the same extent that Jodi would be. Nonetheless, to me the crime is FAR more horrific.

Because she was mentally ill (with a long history of it and a lot of documentation of her psychotic episodes) at the time of the murder she did not know "right" from "wrong" (and that is the difference for an insanity defense.) She thought she was saving her children's souls. She didn't kill them because she wanted them gone. She loved her children and thought she was protecting them/their souls. She was determined to be legally insane and she is hospitalized (or at least was the last time I read about her). She won't be free, but she is getting treatment and is on meds and is lucid when on meds.

The Yates case is tragic because she should have been hospitalized, her husband wasn't following the doctor's instructions, and she was left alone with those 5 kids.

Yates and Arias have zero in common except that they're both female, have long dark brown hair, wear glasses, and have taken someone's life. (and in Yate's case, 5 lives).

I wonder if Mr. Martinez is going to bring in the shelves to prove she couldn't reach? It would be another really good impeachment of her testimony. When juries visually see an impeachment it really impacts their view of the defendants testimony as unreliable.

Isn't there a photo of Travis' closet already in evidence? If it is the one I am thinking of, where the closet looks neat and orderly, I believe the Jury will have no problem realizing JA is lying...once again.

MOO

I have spent all night trying to catch up and I cannot. So skipping forward.

I may have missed it but did everyone notice or did anyone notice the edition of the star that was in the trial is the 1 that has the cover of Casey Anthony making money from her story! I do not know how to do screen captures, and thank you to Steely Dan for doing that 3 part YouTube!

I was jumping up and down here when I saw that Casey was on the cover of that star it is going to be submitted to the jury! The jury will see that and I hope the discussion comes up about pinellas 12 and the similarities to this trial!

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but in trying to catch up with the threads, I had never seen this mentioned before! I hope these jurors talk about Casey on that cover!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I believe she said she climbed or stepped on a lower shelf to reach the gun on the top shelf. Unfortunately, I don't believe for a minute the gun existed, unless SHE brought it there and planted it in the closet in the hours/minutes prior to shooting him.

Thanks, Grandpa (not a dig on Grandpa - he must feel terrible wondering if his gun was part of all this... another thing to dislike about this defendant.

If she hid it it was in her possession in her murder backpack...along with her murder ninja outfit. God wouldn't it be creepy if SHE had on that kind of mask? I wouldn't put it past her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK77