jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is things are much different in person with many people. In the small insignificant encounters I've had in passing with JA's mother, I see her more, and this sounds very judgmental but it was the word that sprung in my mind that day as a simpleton. Not a sophisticated worldly person but a small town woman.

I stand by that I think JA dropped on to this Earth from some place having nothing to do with her immediate surroundings. She's far more sophisticated and intelligent and evil than how I perceive her family. I think her mother kind of can't win for losing here. I suspect she has many of her own stories to tell raising this freak of nature. I personally don't blame her or Jodi's father.

I also think Nurmi drops his persona when he's not in "defending" mode. I've had moments of compassion for him too as much as I hate to admit that. Because I despise this defense strategy. Utterly despise it.

Thank you. Your answer tells me a lot.

One of the things that has fascinated me since I came to this board is how much I look forward to hearing from you and Anita (and am looking forward to the others who plan to attend in person next week).

I am amazed how much seeing JA actually testify has an impact on my view of her guilt (having seen her, how can anyone doubt it?!). Yet the impressions of you and Anita add so much I realize that watching a televised version of the trial still does not give me the full picture. You think it will, but it doesn't.

This gives me a different view of JA's mother. The mother & aunt often seem to be trying to laugh off the trial as a joke, and it is tempting to see that as uncaring and unfeeling. But perhaps this is just a person without a high level of intelligence not realizing how she is coming across to others. That makes sense.

I agree about raising someone like Jodi. I have a sister who is mentally ill (nothing like JA, thank God), and we had to keep reminding my mom that she raised two other perfectly normal people -- it wasn't her. I cannot imagine what JA's family is going through. Mostly, they seem to be in denial.

ETA: As far as Nurmi goes, I am a big believer in our system of justice, flawed though it is. That means there have to be defense attorneys or the system goes out the window. I, too, suspect that Nurmi does not want to represent JA. However, I think he actually did a really poor job of it, although I have not seen many trials and am still trying to reserve judgment.

Jodi has really nice manicured nails on the stand, so I doubt if acrylics.
Speaking of which, why does she always feel her face, cheeks and forhead as if she is feeling to see if she has a fever or flushed.

Jodi-Arias-testifies-Monday-Feb-11-2012-Photo-AP-The-Arizona-Republic-Rob-Schumacher-2.jpg

It's a self-soothing method that she does. She better enjoy it because she isn't going to be soothed by anyone else but herself for a long time.

I think it's possible that he only found out she "borrowed" his gas cans after the fact. I think he could think he's testifying correctly when he said she borrowed them but to my recollection he didn't describe her asking and him handing them to her.

In effect she kind of stole those gas cans because she never returned them. I wonder if he knew she ever took them at the time.

I thought I remembered hearing that she called him, I think twice, in late May asking to borrow the cans.

But now I can't remember if this was in his testimony or hers. It is all getting jumbled together.

But that doesn't necessarily mean he knew she took them at the time of her early June stopover for omelets and orange juice. I also don't recall him actually describing handing over the cans to Jodi.

The main character was raped in a fashion that is reminiscent of what Jodi claims.

That one ugly fat man? It has been awhile since I saw it. I know the house mother was abusive to the nth degree she finally ran away.

I thought she may have had the camera on a strap around her neck (in line with what the camera expert said about being 2-3 ft off the ground for the ceiling photo) and that she may have taken it off and thrown it onto the ground behind her as it was getting in the way? and then the 5:33 photo is her having kicked it as she is moving back?

The strap to the camera was seen folded and un-used in the camera bag in one of the crime scene photos.

Jodi has really nice manicured nails on the stand, so I doubt if acrylics.
Speaking of which, why does she always feel her face, cheeks and forhead as if she is feeling to see if she has a fever or flushed.

Jodi-Arias-testifies-Monday-Feb-11-2012-Photo-AP-The-Arizona-Republic-Rob-Schumacher-2.jpg

Some have speculated she may have OCD.

I don't think that anyone can explain this one for certain. I personally believe that the camera was on the floor, upside down, and behind her. She somehow bumped it or put some weight on it, causing it to take a photo. The buttons on this type of camera were on the top and don't take a lot to push to take a photo. This is my explanation.

She talked about setting the timer on the camera. She didnt know how the pictures were taken because she wasn't familiar with the camera and made reference in her testimony that TA had become upset with her because she was unsure on how to set the timer. She may have been in the process of setting the timer when he was in the shower and when she dropped it, the timer continued to 'take pictures. I questioned how that might be possible to take a picture of her dragging TA down the hall, BUT with that type of camera (it was a high end camera, not a cheap one) it would have had the ability to "auto focus' and take the picture. She said on the stand "I dont know how that picture was taken' with a very puzzled look on her face. The only explanation would have to be the camera operated on a timer.

I dont have a fancy camera (wish I could afford one) But I use the timer all the time with my grandson. I can never get the 'perfect' picture of him, so I'll set the timer to take several pictures at the same time and then go back and delete the one's I don't want/need. I also use the same process to capture pictures of lightning. I think this must have been the same thing JA and TA must have been doing. She must have thought simply deleting them would wipe the SD card clean. MOO

I think, once again, she was trying to match up with the forensics - she created a rope which may resemble the tassel-rope-like items we were shown in the CIC and she somehow made sure that the knife found its way into the bathroom without her taking it there! :floorlaugh:

Wasn't it discussed before that perhaps the tassel-rope-like items that we were shown could have been the trim on some decorative pillow on the chair by the bed? It seems like years since that testimony (could be because "madam" has been on the stand for eternity!)

Did the tassels threads belong to his throw pillows? Imo they did and if they had actually been from the rope the edges would show they had been cut not simply tiny thread fibers that normally fall out of these kind of throw pillows imo.

There was no rope .........just like there was no gun in his house.

IMO

BBM:

:waitasec: How about Mr. Martinez pull a "Perry Mason moment" and do a re-enactment at Travis' house ?

:great: I could just see M. Martinez pulling this off !

I know I know ... it probably won't happen ... but I can wish ... lol !

:seeya:
Is anyone living in his home ? Maybe Lopez is the real estate agent that would accompany any re-enactment ?

Do you suppose she had on her "Spiderman" undies?
I want Juan to ask her to describe the Spider man design on the underwear. She wore them so many times she HAS to remember. Then I want him to rip open a pack and have her model them for the jury... After she walks him through how she "altered them to fit.
I know she was around 125#

No way she fit a size6 Wonder how large they came?
If I weighed 125 I'd do my own little test for WS!!!!
I still want to know if she journaled before Travis ~~Im thinking after she met him. BUT I TOTALLY WANT TO SEE OTHER ENTRIES
Is there any chance after she is found
Guilty that her diaries will be published ?

There was no rope . Imo
I agree Since when is it necessary to tie down a sex craved stalker ? Travis mentioned zip ties not rope ...

Question for Katiecoo, Anita and Pasa and Attorneys,
Are all of you to court tomorrow to observe? I was reading last night and some of you mentioned going, maybe some other sleuthers too. I am so excited about tomorrow so if any of ou go, please send us little notes of what is going on, who you see, how the jury reacts, how the families are and how "our Juan" is doing! I was afraid at first of the cross when JA was so belligerent but then I saw what he was doing by skipping around and bringing out all those great points. Sign of a good attorney, huh? This is so interesting! It is a real shame a man had to die to being this psychopath down. Thank you all!
P.S. sleuthers, some of you must stay home so I have someone to communicate with! :) can't go through this alone.
I will be here . I am so upset .... my lap top died !!! I will read along when and if I can get into the site!I have to use my phone .
this is one of those little things i don't quite get----why did she have darryl's garage remote?
That whole remote makes no sense .
MAYBE DB HAD LOCKS ON HIS DOORS CONTROLLED BY A REMOTE ??
I can totally see him not ever giving Jodi a key that she could have copied . He knew her for 4years. He knew she'd copy it and return to snooping someday . IMO
She said she put the camera on the nightstand to test the timer for them to photo or video themselves. Do,those genitalia close ups on her appear to have the same background as the ones "from the nightstand"?
In one shot I Swear she is SQUATTING OVER THE CAMERA ! I can see the can lights in the ceiling above her head . IMO Travis refused to take pots of her . I'd even go as far to say that he refused to have sex with her or at least tried not to.

I'm think she might have had waxing done at the salon. Hair color is pretty easy to do oneself, but waxing the nether regions is best left to the professionals. And remember, at this point in her trip she hadn't yet "been invited by TA" < cough cough > and had no reason to need to be waxed.

I'm waayyy behind, apologies if this has been answered.

IIRC it was Darryl's garage door remote. My guess is she used it to get into the garage for the gas cans. Drove off with it, realized she had it and took it back.

Jodi leaves all her men with pieces to return on her own whim. Her trick of the 'trade'. It's always something which could be easily mailed if it was truly important. Like the discs of photos she had of Travis'.

Quoting myself to add at 1:03:13 after the Von Trapping is done, you see a quick shot of Anita Richman in the gallery. Right before she caught JA making her "throat stroking" gesture that she asked Janine driver about (and got an answer!). Can you tell I'm still psyched about that?

:VonTrapping:!!! That's so perfectly what she dies!

I thought she may have had the camera on a strap around her neck (in line with what the camera expert said about being 2-3 ft off the ground for the ceiling photo) and that she may have taken it off and thrown it onto the ground behind her as it was getting in the way? and then the 5:33 photo is her having kicked it as she is moving back?

My brother and I have talked a lot about this. The neck strap was in the camera bag though. I think a wrist strap is more likely and would fit the 2-3 feet from the ground distance. It would make sense for the others too, IMO. She has it on her wrist but it falls off and hits the ground when she slits his throat at the end of the hall. Then she puts it back on her wrist and it hits the wall when she makes the palm print (maybe steadying herself against the wall while dragging him) in what looks like a sheet. It would also make sense that it slipped off her wrist into the washer while stuffing the towels, etc in. I hope that makes sense, but that's what I think happened with the camera.

Would you get your nails nicely done if stabbing were on the agenda? I wouldn't.

I'm think she might have had waxing done at the salon. Hair color is pretty easy to do oneself, but waxing the nether regions is best left to the professionals. And remember, at this point in her trip she hadn't yet "been invited by TA" < cough cough > and had no reason to need to be waxed.

Hair color would be pretty expensive at a shop , when you can stop at Walmart for hair color. There is a receipt from Walmart with two $9.92 unidentified charges. She may need 2 packages of hair colors for all of her hair.
Anyone from Walmart here that can identify the item NEUUS85BNS from the receipt?
Also on the receipt 3 facial cleansers. I wonder why 3.
She also purchased another gas can.

BDu1-cICQAAlcCw.jpg

I have always thought she took those pictures of herself with a timer.

Agree. I don't believe Travis would have, and perhaps at the time didn't realize she was taking them. This was a camera he was taking on his trip!

MOO

I am on my way to Arizona, leaving Southern California in about an hour! I am staying with my friends in Chandler and will get to the courthouse bright and early Monday morning. Will see you soon Katie and Pasa, and hopefully other fellow Websleuthers~ Frigga :)

ETA will Anita Richman be there too?

She talked about setting the timer on the camera. She didnt know how the pictures were taken because she wasn't familiar with the camera and made reference in her testimony that TA had become upset with her because she was unsure on how to set the timer. She may have been in the process of setting the timer when he was in the shower and when she dropped it, the timer continued to 'take pictures. I questioned how that might be possible to take a picture of her dragging TA down the hall, BUT with that type of camera (it was a high end camera, not a cheap one) it would have had the ability to "auto focus' and take the picture. She said on the stand "I dont know how that picture was taken' with a very puzzled look on her face. The only explanation would have to be the camera operated on a timer.

I dont have a fancy camera (wish I could afford one) But I use the timer all the time with my grandson. I can never get the 'perfect' picture of him, so I'll set the timer to take several pictures at the same time and then go back and delete the one's I don't want/need. I also use the same process to capture pictures of lightning. I think this must have been the same thing JA and TA must have been doing. She must have thought simply deleting them would wipe the SD card clean. MOO

I have the same camera as Travis did. I don't believe she set the timer during the dragging because the timing wouldn't be right. If you set this camera, it will take the photo within 9 seconds unless you set it for a longer time. I just believe that accidentally hitting it would be a more realistic answer. She also confirmed this theory for me when she was so surprised about the photo. She would have known if she set the timer, and there would have been no reason to. Just my thoughts...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member