Danica Patrick - 1st Woman in history to win the Pole at Daytona 500

Softail

Reaction score
Danica Patrick first woman to win Daytona 500 pole

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Danica Patrick keeps making history.

Patrick, who has made headlines since Speedweeks began while fielding questions about her relationship with fellow Cup rookie Ricky Stenhouse Jr., has made headlines again -- for doing something on the track.

She became the first woman to win the pole position for the Daytona 500 -- and a Sprint Cup event -- on Sunday when the rookie posted a lap of 196.434 mph.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/02/17/daytona-500-qualifying-lineup-2013/1926073/

She posts lap of 196.434 mph

Very happy for her! :great:

Congratulations to her! I heard yesterday that she was the fastest in practice.

I hate to say this because I'm all about girl power, but... She'll wreck within the first 50 or so laps IMO.

Her racing abilities don't impress me much.

But hey, it's awesome to be the 1st woman ever to win the pole at the big race.

Way to go!

I hate to say this because I'm all about girl power, but... She'll wreck within the first 50 or so laps IMO.

Way to go!

My DH keeps saying it isn't about where you start, its where you finish.

I hope she does good, but have to admit, I agree with you! :giggle:

My DH keeps saying it isn't about where you start, its where you finish.

I hope she does good, but have to admit, I agree with you! :giggle:

Yeah.

If I'm remembering correctly, she started pretty close to the front last year and ended up 38th or 39th. She wrecked.

Daytona is a tough track and she doesn't have much experience there.

It will be interesting to see how she does though.

Way to go!

Why would you say that? :what:

somehow i expected a thread about a woman and a pole to have waaay more attention from the guys here ...

:cool:

Danica,

Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason. You were not caught up in that mess today.

Gotta love women! They can feel it.

Inobu

Finished 8th.

I must admit, I NEVER would have guessed that.

Finished 8th.

I must admit, I NEVER would have guessed that.

Me either, but she did great! :great: There were a few times, I thought for sure she was going to crash!

At least she beat her boyfriend! :giggle: They are competing for Rookie of the Year!

Me either, but she did great! :great: There were a few times, I thought for sure she was going to crash!

At least she beat her boyfriend! :giggle: They are competing for Rookie of the Year!

Much improved in a year.

Yeah she fish tailed a few times but was able to hold onto it.

Finishing 8th in the 500 is excellent.

It was a good run. It does bother me somewhat that the only reason she's really popular is because a) she's a woman and b) she looks good. She's never really accomplished anything, whether it be in Indycar, Nationwide or Sprint Cup. She's also not the first woman to drive a sprint cup car and they didn't get even a quarter of the run that Danica gets.

Anyway, good run, but lets win some races before we start crowning her.

Because its my opinion from watching her wreck in most of her NASCAR starts.

It wasn't to be mean. It's just what I think history shows.

After thinking about it, I'm sure you didn't mean any harm. You (I) don't really want to say that anyone will crash, but I have been guilty of it myself, in a lighthearted way - as a joke. So, please forgive - I was a little pissy.:seeya:

It was a good run. It does bother me somewhat that the only reason she's really popular is because a) she's a woman and b) she looks good. She's never really accomplished anything, whether it be in Indycar, Nationwide or Sprint Cup. She's also not the first woman to drive a sprint cup car and they didn't get even a quarter of the run that Danica gets.

Anyway, good run, but lets win some races before we start crowning her.

I think 3rd in the Indy 500 is a good accomplishment.

After thinking about it, I'm sure you didn't mean any harm. You (I) don't really want to say that anyone will crash, but I have been guilty of it myself, in a lighthearted way - as a joke. So, please forgive - I was a little pissy.:seeya:

That's fine.

Wrecking is the nature of the beast of auto racing.

And the super speedways like Daytona and Talladega surely have their share.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back