Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suicide theory seems far-fetched to me. Who on earth would believe that Allison would walk 2-3 hours to a bridge to jump off? Wouldnt GBC have made it more believable by abandoning the Captiva out at the bridge, thereby making it seem Allison had driven there and then jumped?
So in that vein (and yes I know -its the roundabout again!)is it possible that Allison didn't die at the house? Maybe they argued, it got very ugly and she fled in the Captiva? Gerard took off after her? So now there is two cars going through the roundabout... erratically as was reported. Was he trying to pull her over?
He finally gets her to stop at Kholo Creek, the arguing gets worse and he strikes and pushes her over. She dies where she falls.
Now GBC has two cars out there. Is this when NBC is called upon? NBC drives to Kenmore, leaves his car in the shopping centre carpark and GBC goes back to pick him up. They both drive back to the bridge in the Prado, then NBC drives the Captiva while GBC drives his vehicle and they take the vehicles back to GBC house. Then GBC drives NBC back to Kenmore to collect his car and possibly dump any evidence in the industrial bins.
Just trying to figure out why the police were so interested in WHO was driving what cars at that roundabout?

I like parts of this Saxons!
Perhaps could explain why NBC was at bus stop. He was waiting for GBC to bring one of the cars for NBC to drive back to the Brookfield house. If he had just heard what his son had done it could explain why this old man,was sitting at the bus stop looking sad and in shock or others,said drunk looking. I have been unable to discount the sighting at the bus stop. I know some were doubtful of squizzy but I am not.

In regard to the episode where he googled taking the 5th- thanks for the answers guys had forgotten it was the good wife. I have never watched the show but I can look through the episodes. Does anyone watch the show? Any idea what season would have been playing last year?

Lastly, Makara you have been amazing on this forum.
<modsnip>.
Again a shout out to Doc and Ali, and of course Marly,so glad there are key members still here so consistently. I have read this forum every day,every post.I try not to log in every day as I have been finding reading the forums is enough and there is not much I can personally add. I hope some of the early members come back during the next couple of weeks. Obsessor, great post regarding why some of us are here and yes I agree.

Not long now Allison, we are all here for you.

The suicide theory seems far-fetched to me. Who on earth would believe that Allison would walk 2-3 hours to a bridge to jump off? Wouldnt GBC have made it more believable by abandoning the Captiva out at the bridge, thereby making it seem Allison had driven there and then jumped?
So in that vein (and yes I know -its the roundabout again!)is it possible that Allison didn't die at the house? Maybe they argued, it got very ugly and she fled in the Captiva? Gerard took off after her? So now there is two cars going through the roundabout... erratically as was reported. Was he trying to pull her over?
He finally gets her to stop at Kholo Creek, the arguing gets worse and he strikes and pushes her over. She dies where she falls.
Now GBC has two cars out there. Is this when NBC is called upon? NBC drives to Kenmore, leaves his car in the shopping centre carpark and GBC goes back to pick him up. They both drive back to the bridge in the Prado, then NBC drives the Captiva while GBC drives his vehicle and they take the vehicles back to GBC house. Then GBC drives NBC back to Kenmore to collect his car and possibly dump any evidence in the industrial bins.
Just trying to figure out why the police were so interested in WHO was driving what cars at that roundabout?

Interesting - but they have charged him with her murder at Brookfield. I believe they have evidence that the house was a crime scene. The police very quickly sprung into action on that Friday morning - much quicker than GBC expected. I believe he thought they would just file a missing persons report and treat it as a 'gone off for a time out' rather than launching a full scale search - he's a very silly and vain man - so used to having his drivel believed - particularly by young and impressionable women - didn't work with the policemen though ( insert evil laugh)

Interesting - but they have charged him with her murder at Brookfield. I believe they have evidence that the house was a crime scene. The police very quickly sprung into action on that Friday morning - much quicker than GBC expected. I believe he thought they would just file a missing persons report and treat it as a 'gone off for a time out' rather than launching a full scale search - he's a very silly and vain man - so used to having his drivel believed - particularly by young and impressionable women - didn't work with the policemen though ( insert evil laugh)

Just in case anyone has overlooked it, as well, the person to thank for sparking the whole thing off was Constable Kieron Ash, one of the two police officers (the other was Leah Hammond) who attended the original call-out.

It was his instinct, sixth sense, suspicion - call it what you like - and the fact that he had the gumption to call it in that it "didn't feel right" that led to the more senior detectives arriving on the scene about 20 minutes later, and the whole thing took off from there.

I think Allison's family owe Constables Ash and Hammond a huge "Thank You" if this all results in Allison's killer being brought to justice - whoever it is.

Thanks LadyBird. Unfortunately, witness statements could work in favour or against the prosecution. Kerry Anne could be instrumental to establish a history of what was going on in that marriage, if she was willing to reveal all she knew. As painful as it may be, I think the eldest child could have been a witness to the facts and I hope she has been interviewed. She is now almost a year older and could provide vital details. Yes, selling that house was just too bloody defiant and sneaky. He really is a piece of work!! I hope TM has a LOT to say, in Court, in front of him.

I think TM will speak truthfully but not enough to incriminate him. She is hopelessly devoted to him and may have convinced herself that Allison was abducted to fuel her dream to keep the love affair going.

In regard to the episode where he googled taking the 5th- thanks for the answers guys had forgotten it was the good wife. I have never watched the show but I can look through the episodes. Does anyone watch the show? Any idea what season would have been playing last year?
Not long now Allison, we are all here for you.

I've never watched the show either but wiki lists all the episodes. I'm really only guessing but the program that night may have been from Season 3 which began in USA in Sept 2011, considering the delay we have with programs from there. Then again, there may have been repeats from previous episodes.

Season 3 (2011–12)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Good_Wife_episodes"]List of The Good Wife episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and finally a member.

I am a local and drive over the bridge almost daily. As a nurse i finish late and usually drive over the bridge around 10pm at night, but because of the wet weather that night I went down the motorway instead.

I ask myself, why didn't you go your usual route home?? I would have seen something.

Thanks everyone for your interesting posts on the case. Do you know if there are any more pictures of the inside of the Brookfield home that was for Rent?

Thanks for all your contribution. As a local I have heard all the rumours, but nothing that hasn't been said here.

I have utmost respect for the Dickies, they are a lovely family. I hope we get some clear answers.

I am a local and drive over the bridge almost daily. As a nurse i finish late and usually drive over the bridge around 10pm at night, but because of the wet weather that night I went down the motorway instead.

I ask myself, why didn't you go your usual route home?? I would have seen something.

Welcome stormyweather. I haven't heard that night described as 'wet' before. It was a new moon, so quite dark. I would be interested if you could describe the weather that night - very interesting. If it was drizzly or wet, that makes the 'gone for a walk' excuse even more ludicrous.

Hi Possumheart ,

It must not have been that night I guess. It was a Friday night, and I remember it raining. It must have been while she was missing?? I really can't remember to be honest sadly.

I remember that rainy weather when she was missing. It rained very heavily. I remember being at home in front of the fireplace and it was an eerie feeling thinking about Allison being missing in such horrible wet weather.

Hi Possumheart ,

It must not have been that night I guess. It was a Friday night, and I remember it raining. It must have been while she was missing?? I really can't remember to be honest sadly.

I remember that rainy weather when she was missing. It rained very heavily. I remember being at home in front of the fireplace and it was an eerie feeling thinking about Allison being missing in such horrible wet weather.

If It makes you feel any better, I was on the road that night (coming down from Hervey Bay) and didn't go that way to come back inland. I felt really bad also.
And then when it started to rain ... worried she was stuck somewhere, wet, cold ... the poor Dickies must have been beside themselves.

I been doing some googling and it wasn't easy but I think I have found the Good wife episode that GBC says in his affidavit that he was watching on Wednesday 18 April. I think it was a new episode series 3 episode 14 on Channel 10 called "Another Ham Sandwich". I found an Australian forum where it was stated that episode 15 was on Anzac day ( 25 April 2012 ) so going back one week would have been episode 14. Then when I looked up this episode summary which I attach, it refers to several references to "plead the fifth" so that has to be it.

http://tvline.com/2012/01/29/good-wife-season-3-episode-14-recap/

I been doing some googling and it wasn't easy but I think I have found the Good wife episode that GBC says in his affidavit that he was watching on Wednesday 18 April. I think it was a new episode series 3 episode 14 on Channel 10 called "Another Ham Sandwich". I found an Australian forum where it was stated that episode 15 was on Anzac day ( 25 April 2012 ) so going back one week would have been episode 14. Then when I looked up this episode summary which I attach, it refers to several references to "plead the fifth" so that has to be it.

http://tvline.com/2012/01/29/good-wife-season-3-episode-14-recap/

Well done. I thought I had found it some time ago but couldn't stand to watch it, so I can't comment ... because I still won't be able to stand to watch it. The thought of being in the BC living room just horrifies me to the point of feeling nauseous, and this is too close for me.

Yes Poss, the summary was good enough for me to read without watching the episode.

Good research on the tv show! It does make me chuckle, that this fact is probably innocent but looks so bad for GBC. That's so awesome he had googled a probably unrelated term that implies his guilt and it reloads as he searched for the phone number to begin his dance with the thin blue line .... you can't help but feel that sometimes there is some divine intervention to redress things.

On a different tangent, I can imagine him using the show as a ruse to google the term, with his little fantasy plotting away in his mind, knowing he might be in a situation calling for this knowledge. I am firmly of the opinion that he murdered Allison before his fantasy/daydream became a well thought out plan. Perhaps because he is incapable of such a plan, or perhaps because the conference sparked something.

You guys amaze me!

I have a little machine called a boxee. Totally legal : ) It lets me looks up pretty much any show I want. I am so so curious now, I have to watch it. It will be interesting to see if something in the show may have started a discussion between Mum and son. If my O/H falls asleep early tonight I'll have a lookat that episode : )

Just thinking aloud here... I can understand Allison brushing against some plants or bushes outside her home. What I find it hard to understand is that, assuming the contact with the plants was made after the hairdresser's appointment, brushing against SIX different kinds of plants? Traces of these found in the hair? The kind of careless movement it would take to accidently collect traces of 6 different kinds of plants (of which there may be several of each kind) brings some crazy images to my mind. And finally, all that carelessness with a new 'do?

Don't think so...IMO

Hi Possumheart ,

Allison went missing on the Thursday night / Friday morning it did rain on the Friday night - I was staying with family near the gold coast and needed to be at the convention centre at the gold coast early sat morning and there was talk on the Friday night of moving our car in case we got flooded in

Currently watching Episode 14 The good wife.
Started watching 13 by mistake and I heard them use "you have the right to remain silent"

So far, not thrilled with the show : )

Currently watching Episode 14 The good wife.
Started watching 13 by mistake and I heard them use "you have the right to remain silent"

So far, not thrilled with the show : )

A dedicated sleuther in action!!! Taking it on for the greater good...... :hero:

I salute you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member