Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I was so shocked when I saw the image for the first time. It still shocks me.

I completely agree that the angle of GBCs head determines the direction of the scratches, but I'm still thinking Allison was vertically below him, either her back to his front, or front to front, with her reaching up, and then she must have been trying to grab for something in order to pull herself up or him down??? I dont know..still thinking on that one????
I know Allison was shorter than him, but I'm thinking, this came from quite a bit below him??? Either way, it does seem like a close struggle rather than one where there was distance between them.?????? (bloody awful thought)

In my mind, I have Allison lying on her back, on the floor (or a couch, or a bed). GBC has her pinned down, with his legs bent under him and his knees positioned around her chest area. He is much bigger than Allison, so his weight alone would have been enough to restrain her.

While GBC is holding Allison around the neck, she reaches up and, in self-defence, digs into his face with her nails. In an attempt to avoid being scratched, GBC arches his neck and bends his head backwards. However, Allison still manages to reach his face and the resultant scratches are almost vertical.

In the picture you posted, Obby, I can see a small, dark scratch closer to GBC's mouth. In my opinion, that's where Allison's thumbnail gripped onto his face, while the other fingernails created the longer, larger scratches.

Has it been confirmed if Allison was left or right handed? The scratches on GBC's face were on his right cheek, weren't they? If so, it would have been Allison's left hand that inflicted that scratches. I'm thinking that this would have been likely, if Allison was right handed, because GBC would have possibly used his weight to restrain her dominant right hand.

MOO.

I agree too Doc and Lillypilly that the other injuries also need to be accounted for.

We have, deep facial gouges/scratches x 3, neck scratches, armpit scratches, chest bruising, and a gouging type scratch to the palm of the hand.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...fekiller-gerard-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html
"Police documents submitted to the Supreme court allegedly show Allison Baden-Clay's blood in her husband Gerard's car, and that he claimed scratches on his armpit, chest and neck were self-inflicted."

Allison had a chipped tooth, maybe internal chest bruising, and maybe a smallish head injury, that we know of.

Regarding the police possibly getting things wrong, I think the scratches were determined to be anything but from a razor by many people, both medical and non-medical.
He visited 3 doctors to have them verified, and none of them would verify for him.
The police forensic medical officer studied them, report above,
and the police at the scene all queried him because they looked alarming. Most people know razor cuts.
It comes down to balance of probabilities, but I'm sure we'll hear more about the scratches.

In my mind, I have Allison lying on her back, on the floor (or a couch, or a bed). GBC has her pinned down, with his legs bent under him and his knees positioned around her chest area. He is much bigger than Allison, so his weight alone would have been enough to restrain her.

While GBC is holding Allison around the neck, she reaches up and, in self-defence, digs into his face with her nails. In an attempt to avoid being scratched, GBC arches his neck and bends his head backwards. However, Allison still manages to reach his face and the resultant scratches are almost vertical.

In the picture you posted, Obby, I can see a small, dark scratch closer to GBC's mouth. In my opinion, that's where Allison's thumbnail gripped onto his face, while the other fingernails created the longer, larger scratches.

Has it been confirmed if Allison was left or right handed? The scratches on GBC's face were on his right cheek, weren't they? If so, it would have been Allison's left hand that inflicted that scratches. I'm thinking that this would have been likely, if Allison was right handed, because GBC would have possibly used his weight to restrain her dominant right hand.

MOO.

I have trouble visualising her reaching him if he was over her like that. Might have to try and simulate it somehow??

We have, deep facial gouges/scratches x 3, neck scratches, armpit scratches, chest bruising, and a gouging type scratch to the palm of the hand.

Respectfully snipped...

Although I try to maintain a logical approach to theorising the events behind GBC's injuries, I still find it very difficult to read about them, because I picture Allison in so much distress, fighting for her life. :(

In my opinion, she really put up a fight and GBC will have physical scars as a reminder, for the rest of his life.

MOO.

I have trouble visualising her reaching him if he was over her like that. Might have to try and simulate it somehow??

I think that, initially, his face was much closer and, hence, Allison was able to dig her nails into his cheeks. After those scratches, though, I think GBC maintained as much distance as possible, while still restraining Allison, and so the other scratches Allison inflicted on GBC were on lower parts of his body (e.g. armpits, chest).

To save you from having to view one of my crude sketches of Allison and GBC's possible positions (my scanner is dead, anyway!), have a look at the sixth photo down, from this news story:

http://www.capitalbay.com/latest-ne...d-and-tasered-to-death-by-pack-of-police.html

It's the black and white photo. The story is totally unrelated to this case, but I think that photo is a basic depiction of the position I've had in my mind.

I agree again :). He would have been better off saying he was wrestling a cougar or a bear than had a shaving mishap. :banghead:

O - even those mighty fierce flesh eating caterpillars with the vampire fangs at the cross country on Thursday would have given him more credibility. :propeller:

Excellent example pic. I completely see now, and yes, I'm thinking that is very possibly the situation. Very clever of you. Thankyou.

Excellent example pic. I completely see now, and yes, I'm thinking that is very possibly the situation. Very clever of you. Thankyou.

Thanks, Obby. Not really clever, though... Just a quick cut and paste. :)

If I consider this as the most likely position that they were in, when GBC was attacking Allison, I can easily reconcile GBC's injuries.

MOO.

Again a stroke of luck for Allison. Imagine if the deep gouging cuts were in the armpit and not on the face? The whole investigation may not have been escalated and the culprit may have got away with murder.

Again a stroke of luck for Allison. Imagine if the deep gouging cuts were in the armpit and not on the face? The whole investigation may not have been escalated and the culprit may have got away with murder.

Absolutely agree with you.

Seeing the extent of those scratches has, for me, provided reason behind GBC's beard growth.

MOO.

In the midst of all our enthusiasm to find the truth in this terrible situation we need to remember that the police don't always get it right!
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/policeman-admits-aboriginal-man-accused-of-assault-did-not-throw-punch/story-e6frg6nf-1226582776462

Welcome lychee farmer, thank you for your post. I am not sure I understand why you posted that link on this forum as the link is about police brutality. I don't see a connection to this case. If you are suggesting that the police may have done something wrong in relation to their investigation of Allisons murder we are happy for you to express your opinions. For the sake of three little girls, I would love for GBC to be innocent of his wife's murder and welcome any information that indicates this.

I was with Mani when those photos were taken and there was a roof tile marking where Allison was found. It wasn't till Minni looked at the photos that we realised there was a 'body imprint' in the mud. It seems that the mud had held her shape. It would have been near impossible for anyone to place her there IMO....although the photo that shows her body looks like she was placed on her side with her knees bent and hands behind her back.

I remember the discussion we had about this and I asked if the imprints of the stretcher could also be seen in the mud. IMO the stretcher, while holding Allison's body would also have left imprints. I also recall that the discussion then shifted to what type of stretcher was used etc.

I wonder if the police made GBC take off more than his shirt to examine him for marks and injuries. I have not seen or heard anything other than they looked at his face and torso. He could have had scratches on his legs for example.

I wonder if the police made GBC take off more than his shirt to examine him for marks and injuries. I have not seen or heard anything other than they looked at his face and torso. He could have had scratches on his legs for example.

Racing past my computer, but I think if there had have been any other injuries, he would have been asked to justify them as well- or give an account of...

As we haven't heard of any, its my guess it was all upper body injuries he suffered.

I agree Obby, my point was just that I hope they did look to see if there were any other injuries.

I agree Obby, my point was just that I hope they did look to see if there were any other injuries.

I guess they would have kept looking while ever they kept finding.... :)

(sorry for half reading your post)

In the midst of all our enthusiasm to find the truth in this terrible situation we need to remember that the police don't always get it right!
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/policeman-admits-aboriginal-man-accused-of-assault-did-not-throw-punch/story-e6frg6nf-1226582776462

Thank you Lycheefarmer but alleged assault is vastly different to murder. QLD police have hopefully learned from the Morcombe and Sica cases to conduct their investigation very carefully and thoroughly this time.

I guess they would have kept looking while ever they kept finding.... :)

(sorry for half reading your post)

Actually, he had all his injuries documented and photographed by the police initially didn't he, but then when he was in hospital he also would have been subjected to a full medical examination I'm sure. This would have been pretty thorough IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie