CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ broccoli

Sorry, in re-reading your post, I think you mean a reference to accidental death AFTER her body was found in the tank? My post was related to the first news conference they held after her disappearance.

With all due respect, I don't think Elisa was typing in a code that references bible verses. More than likely, she was pressing multiple buttons to get out of there as soon as possible. More and more, I think she was waiting for someone in the elevator to join her, and they didn't because of the cameras. They could have then convinced her to go up to the roof. Whether or not she was on the 14th or 15th floor, that would have been easy from either.

People have said that sometimes there are squatters in the maintenance room upstairs, maybe she hid out there and then met her death. I'm still having a hard time believing she ever made it into that water tank on her own.

She could have been placed in the tank alive on the 31st, and taken at least an entire week to actually die. If the hatch were closed, nobody would smell anything rotting. If it were open, and she died on day 6, it would be too soon for smeizner to smell anything.

I wish we knew if the hatch were open or closed. It seems LE's immediate claim that it could have been an accidental, not necessarily foul play, would indicate the hatch was open. A closed hatch would definitely indicate foul play.

The police list accidental death as a possibility. They would have ruled it out if the hatch was closed. So, the hatch was definitely open.

@ broccoli

Sorry, in re-reading your post, I think you mean a reference to accidental death AFTER her body was found in the tank? My post was related to the first news conference they held after her disappearance.

Yes! :)

Another thought: if the hatch was open, she most likely didn't survive very long. If the roof is so easily accessible, wouldn't she have heard people fooling around up there at some point and called for help?

Can someone repost the picture of the inside of the tank? I can't find it.

I'm not sure if pressing multiple buttons is the way to get out of a floor as quickly as possible. All I know is that when I am rushing, I would press the door close button immediately and then press the floor I want to go to, much least the door hold button. Lol

While I doubt this was the case here, I will say the following anyway:

At an older building I once worked at in manhattan, the door close button was disabled in all of the elevators (I assume for security reasons, so you could not close the door on someone). In fact the elevator looks exactly the same as the one at the Cecil - made by Otis iirc, same exact panel/setup. Perhaps they were manufactured around the same year who knows. Anyway, although the door close button didnt work, if you pressed 3 different floors the doors would automatically closed (to prevent overcrowding I guess). So every time I got in at the lobby, if noone was around I'd always press my floor and the 2 floors above mine to get the door to close right away. Perhaps this was the case and she caught on earlier in her stay? Obviously it would be nulled by the hold button - but it also doesn't make much sense unless she was going to the 10th floor (if she was on the 14th). pressing buttons between the floor you are on and yours just means you'd have a long ride with unnecessary stops.

Can someone repost the picture of the inside of the tank? I can't find it.

E292B317-9F30-4258-8B45-D4C630D38400-669-0000006DC5F28817_zps6df142b6.jpg

BC12DE1F-319A-471C-AFAD-D5BBE6EB9A08-669-0000006DDBF0C310_zps1357688e.jpg

Here is the review for Stay on Main:

This hotel doesn't seem to be taken care of. I can live with the dorm setting (i.e. bathrooms and showers separate from rooms), but the fact that the "soap" and "shower gel" were the same orange liquid was a bit off-putting. Not only that, but most of the dispensers were out, or missing. Another annoying thing was how elevators would skip you. On several occasions, I'd hit the down button, only for the elevator to go right past me to a different floor. The only redeeming features was that the rooms were clean, and the beds were decent.

Scroll down to "Kind of Garbage"..

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details...alifornia,+United+States&hotelId=269903&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

Maybe there are two killers, considering the difficulty of climbing up the later with a body, or how likely is it for one person to do so?

Actually now that I've watched the Youtube video of Elisa in the elevator at 1.5x speed, her actions don't seem that strange or drugged anymore. In fact it looks very much like initially she was trying to go away from someone/some people, but playing it cool. She didn't look like she thought she was in imminent danger, just that she was trying to get away from someone/some people whom she no longer wanted to spend time with. Probably someone/some people who were pesky.

Then when the elevator door won't close, she had to quickly glimpse outside to see if the people she was trying to avoid were there. And then she probably heard something, so she tried to hide in the corner of the elevator to not give away the fact that she was trying to go down the elevator. Then after she steps out, she saw the people/person, and she started talking to someone on the right from 1.55 onwards. And that when she starts doing the counting thing with her fingers, she was talking to someone else on the left.

Basically, once the video is speeded up a little, every action she does seems completely normal to me and totally explainable. It's so weird..

Oh and I also noticed the timer skipping irregularly moments after she disappeared off to the left side of the elevator. But the timer seems to be fine prior to that. I believe the time stamp on this video started off at 1.22 a.m. Looks like it to me. But I know this has been discussed at length before. I just never looked at the video again since I made my first Websleuths post until now :)

The way she jumps out of the lift doesn't seem normal. I dunno...nothing is normal

The way she jumps out of the lift doesn't seem normal. I dunno...nothing is normal
Yeah I think (from the speeded up video) that when she was doing those jumping movements, she thought she was possibly alone, although she suspected someone she knew was around, that's why she went out of the lift to check. It seems to me like whimsical jumping that maybe she does when she's alone and waiting for something to happen... (or not to happen).. It's like stuff she does when she thinks probably no one's watching. I don't know... maybe because I am of Chinese descent and grew up in Asia, to me, culturally or whatever, a Chinese girl doing those movements when they think no one's looking is quite normal to me. Maybe a bit childish and playful, but still normal. Not strange. LOL... but yeah just purely my own opinion.

I don't know. Just the fact that the video was speeded up, everything seems... kinda normal to me. More importantly, it seems even clearer to me in the speeded up video that she was talking to other people who were present. That those people were real.

In the original video (which was slowed down) she looked a bit slow in her actions and it all looked to me like she was talking to herself or high or hallucinating or something. But when the video is speeded up, it looks like she was acting normally, maybe trying to get away politely from some REAL people, albeit pesky people/friends she made at the place who didn't want her to go back to the elevator. I don't know.

I don't know how to make the speeded up video and post it here though.
But I followed the instructions in the video posted by CuriousB on page 25 and it made the video faster. For anyone who cannot or do not want to watch the entire video, the following steps were what I did (I had to turn on my laptop to do this as it just doesn't work on my tablet) :
1) Load up the Youtube.com page
2) Log into my Youtube account (I'm not sure if this is always necessary though)
3) Scroll down the page all the way to the very bottom where there will be a line of words that say "Try something new!". Click on those particular words.
4) Click on the red <HTML 5> rectangular button.
5) At the lower part of the page, click the line of words that say "Join the HTML5 Trial".
6) Now do a search for "Elisa Lam" on Youtube. The first result should be the complete one released by LAPD, posted by Dennis Romero. Click on that.
7) When the video starts to play, click on the grey cog icon/the "Settings" icon at the bottom right of the video screen. The video Quality and Speed settings should appear once you do this.
8) Under the heading "Speed", click on "1.5x".

Now play your video... it should play at the faster speed now.

Playing the video at 1.5x makes her actions seem a little too fast, IMO. I think that the correct ratio is something like 1.3 or 1.33x faster. Another post mentioned every 3 seconds of real time taking 4 seconds on the video. So running it at 1.33x should bring it to actual speed.

If anyone has the software or ability to repost it at 1.33x speed that would be very interesting.

Here is a video of the elevator sequence posted today.
This video of the elevator sequence seem to be at a faster speed.
In the video the poster of the video has added his/her theorie on what happened.

Basicly the theorie is that EL had met a person/persons who gained her trust and that she went to this person/persons room and there she got drugged, she then left the room scared due to feeling drugged, and the video of the elevator sequence is EL trying to flee from this person/persons room via the elevator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMZw3_RbSSc

Personaly I belive that the vidoe show that Elisa Lam, NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER, is scared of somone.

Yeah I totally agree at 1.5x speed, the video is a little bit too fast. The correct speed should be something between "Normal" and "1.5x" but there's no way to do that on Youtube...

And yes I totally agree Elisa seemed afraid of someone. Not afraid as in afraid for her life though. That doesn't seem to come across to me on the video. But afraid as in... "OMG not him again..." kinda thing. And in the speeded video she really doesn't look drugged to me. She looked pretty much in her normal capacity, and she's pretty agile it seems. But then again I saw on one of the Instagram pics of her online that she used to be in Track and Field team I think, when she was in school. (You can find pics of that by Googling "elisalam instagram".) So yes she probably was really agile in real life, being sporty in school. JMO

To me it looks like she playfully wanted to startle/surprise/scare someone who was supposedly coming down the corridor, i.e. she expected someone to come but then nobody was there. It seems to me she would have had to know this person for at least a few hours, i.e. she spent some time with them doing whatever because (that's my reasoning) I wouldn't try startling a person I didn't know at all.
Again, she doesn't look fearful at all to me which would support the hypothesis that she knew the person.
Of course, it's also possible that there wasn't anyone around as well, but her behavior would suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsmeblahblah