CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup there seems to be cameras in main areas... but some of those who went there said no cameras whatsoever in those narrow corridors where the rooms were..

yes, several sources that went in said there were no cameras in the hallway..

I "like" this theory, she really looks to me like she's pleading for her life, then as she steps out of frame she appears to be making room for someone to remain behind her, to lead her somewhere. This doesn't explain any of the earlier actions, but fits the actions 1:57 and forward.

I don't see her behavior as consistent with that. When she peeks out in the hall and hides in the corner of the elevator, it looks like she might be afraid of someone coming. But then she sort of playfully hops out of the elevator, does a two-step in and out of the elevator and checks herself out in the mirror.

Then, rather than pleading for her life (pleading would normally have the palms facing up) she seems to be making what many have described as a petting or swimming motion with her hands.

And when she finally leaves, she seems to sort of casually walk away, as if she got bored of this seemingly defective elevator and empty hallway, or else forgot what she was doing before.

That's why I think a friend of hers thought she must have been slipped a drug of some sort, as mentioned in an AppleDailyEnglish report on youtube.

And an expert on drugged behavior in the LA Weekly thought her behavior suggested that she had ingested Ecstasy, or something similar. http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/...s_ecstasy_strange_behavior_trinka_porrata.php ... And there is the Ambien sleepwalking hypothesis, which is really a variant on the theory that she was drugged.

Certain segments of the video might suggest that she was scared of something, but the video as a whole doesn't, as the body language expert thought. http://www.bodylanguagesuccess.com/2013/02/nonverbal-communication-analysis-2313.html

All of this suggests to me that she was not in her right mind in the video. Perhaps she'd been slipped something without her knowledge. And a young woman alone in such a state, wandering the halls of a sketchy place like the Cecil late at night, is in serious danger.

those are the links i posted.
http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-96.shtml#ty_vip_look[VB%E8%B0%83%E6%9F%A5]

if you go from page 96 onward and looking only at the main poster (sorry, they don't have post #s) and they stopped at page 101.

they have more pictures and said they will post more in the coming days. i will keep an eye on that thread.
Okay this is my attempt at translating and making sense of it (and this is for page 96 of the forum) :

The guy and his friend both checked into Cecil hotel after it reopened to the public. They asked for a room under the guise of being international students and they asked the reception to specifically give them a top floor room so they can appreciate the scenery of downtown LA from a high vantage point.
But they were told by reception that the highest floor they have is on the 9th floor, so reluctantly, the guy and his friend took a room on the 9th floor.

They asked reception if the lobby is staffed 24 hrs. The answer to their question was "yes".

In the first picture you can see the 2 elevators of the hotel. These are the *only* elevators in the entire hotel.

In the second picture, you see the fire escape plan in the hotel.

After the 2 guys went to their 9th floor room, they spent time there discussing their plans and what to do next. Afterwards, they went straight to the 14th floor.

It has to be said that the standards of accomodation in the hotel were really low. When we came to this hotel, rates have already gone up to 70 a night. Yet the accomodation standards of our room were not even on par with a typical motel. Because describing the condition of our room is not the purpose of our post here, we will not be posting any pictures of our room. We will post them however, if someone is interested in seeing them.

In the 3rd picture we see the floor plan/fire escape plan of the 14th floor. It looks similar to the floor plan/fire escape plan of the 9th floor. The red spot in the picture marks the corresponding room where we stayed in on the 9th floor. But everything else in the 14th floor floorplan is similar to the 9th floor floorplan.

Hi. I was a friend of Elisa. I haven't seen or heard from her in over a year, but we use to hang out and talk quite a bit online before I moved to Montreal. In my opinion the lady in the elevator isn't her, not only because the woman doesn't look like Elisa in the face, but it also appears the person in the elevator is wearing heels with straps. I've never seen or known Elisa to wear shoes that look like that. Also climbing up a steep ladder to a roof with heels on seems quite impossible in my mind. Elisa also had contact lenses she wore, she didn't always wear glasses. She was near-sighted.

The shoes the woman has on in the elevator sort of looks like they would be in this style:
matthew-williamson-spring-2009-black-strap-sandals.jpg
matthew-williamson-spring-2009-black-strap-sandals-runway.jpg

I've never seen or have known Elisa to wear shoes like that. I've never known Elisa to wear heels at all... In my mind I could overhear me and her laughing at girls wearing those "prostitute heels". She was full of funnies and was quite blunt at times. I really don't think she would be caught dead in shoes like that!
elisa-lam-vancouver-seen-various-photos-releasedlos-angeles-police-dep-_tm46.jpg

<modsnip>

I really don't feel it's her in the elevator.
Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure if Elisa is truly wearing heels in the video though. Looks to me like strappy sandals/flats? Do you think she would wear strappy sandals/flats on such a trip? Are you in contact with her family and close friends?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions. But its great to hear from someone who actually has had real life contact with her before :)

Hi Fei,

The quote above was your response to someone who had posted a link to this site http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-100.shtml with the following photo:
134230289.jpg

I'm a bit confused -- does the green circle and arrow drawn around the watch mean to imply that the "OP"/investigator is wearing EL's watch? Thanks for your help!

there's one person on that site that thinks it looks like EL's watch which i don't think it's a match. but yes, that's what they are suggesting..

I can't read chinese, but it looks like the chinese forums are suggesting that the woman in the video is not Elisa Lam, which implies some kind of conspiracy, because presumably the police/coroner was able to identify the body as Elisa through physical characteristics provided by the family.

But the woman in the video doesn't really look like Elisa.

And no, all asian woman don't look the same to me. My wife is asian, although not chinese.

View attachment 30228

View attachment 30229

Any conspiracy theories that caught your attention?
Do they think the LAPD is in on a cover-up or just Cecil Hotel?

[ame="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zXVG4fgvfTk/"]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zXVG4fgvfTk/[/ame]

This would be Elisa's first person perspective of the elevator ride.

[...]The shoes the woman has on in the elevator sort of looks like they would be in this style:
[...]

Welcome! To me it looks like she is wearing flat sandals, I really don't see any high heels. Opinions?

sandals.jpg

If they wanted someone to provide information before/after the elevator footage, why did they hide/edit the time information? To me, the motive of releasing such video is quite unclear. It already leaded so many unnecessary bad mouthing such as OD, drinking, supernatural possessing.......... Which is unfair to Elisa and her family.

Do we have confirmation the time stamp was edited out by LE? I'm still trying to catch up here and haven't had the time to read all posts.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zXVG4fgvfTk/

This would be Elisa's first person perspective of the elevator ride.
That's a great video... Made my hair stand on end a bit watching it...
Okay so the 10th floor button goes red when pressed? And only the 10th floor button? All the other buttons green when pressed.

Guy taking the video was on the 14th floor so the 14th floor button comes on and blinks off soon after pressing.

If Elisa was on the 15th floor that light would stay on. Anyway, I have not seen a video of someone going onto the 15th floor and demonstrating how when the buttons on the middle of the panel are all pressed the 14th floor button would stay on.

Is the 15th floor out of bounds? Has no one ever been to the 15th floor to take a video or pictures of it?

I'm pretty convinced now that Elisa was on the 14th floor in the CCTV footage.

Unless someone comes along and posts a video or pics of being on the 15th floor and using the elevator.

I'd be really interested in how EL ended up in LA when her original plan was San Diego to Santa Cruz. What was it that sidetracked her to LA? If LA was such a lure, why was it not part of her original itinerary? What did she do or who did she contact that could have possibly made her divert from her original plan?

Well, she did seem to be a big fan of that movie called Drive? I don't know much about it, but she mentioned it on her blog and that postcard and I believe it is set in that area.

However it is highly possible that she went to meet someone from the internet there, too.

Do we have confirmation the time stamp was edited out by LE? I'm still trying to catch up here and haven't had the time to read all posts.
Is the time stamp edited out or just blurry?

You know I was watching the video last night again. I can see clearly when the seconds part of the timer turns "11". That helps me see how the subsequent numbers "12", "13", etc. look like.

From that, I found that the time stamp of the beginning of the video actually shows 1:22 am.

I am pretty sure of that.

Because of her Chinese background, I believe she was raised to be a quiet and submissive girl.
You've made a huge error in basing your theory off of this premise.

I'm married to a Chinese woman I met while working in Malaysia. Having spent countless hours with her (obviously) and her family and others in my travels I can tell you that Chinese women are incredibly strong willed and not submissive at all. I think you've confused being polite, hard working and treating others with respect for submission, which would be a horrible mistake, not only in this thread but life in general

Yes it has been determined by the people that visited the hotel that Elisa was in fact on the 14th floor w/ enough evidence to support it.

The only conspiracy angle that I can find is she had a nasty strain of tuberculosis that can live in water.

Can you provide a link to info that Elisa had tuberculosis? I missed that. Also, I have not heard of a water borne TB. Can you give more info on that?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the dark marks visible to the left of the cistern hatch in this photo?
6s0FuJT.jpg

Note that the marks are absent in this later photo:
wlj8NPm.jpg

There could be an innocuous explanation for those marks. Perhaps they were created on the day of the body's discovery; they look greasy, so perhaps the maintenance man (or subsequent investigators) dirtied it by resting tools or their own appendages on it.

But what if the marks were already there before the gruesome discovery was made? Possible evidence of a struggle (or more sinister labours), left unwittingly at the scene (or even unknowingly, if it was too dark to see the marks)?

If they were left by a perpetrator, they could yield valuable information. But that's a big "if". This is all speculation, of course, but the presence of those marks -- and their absence in later photos -- is truly food for thought. Thoughts, anyone?

Edit: Perhaps the marks were left by someone completely uninvolved with the case, but I'm inclined to doubt it. Why only that cistern (as far as I can tell), and why only near the hatch?

Finger print powder. The lower photo shows the batch from a different angle than the top and there are still faint marks there. Also, rain would wash them away quite a bit which is why I think they are fainter in the second photo.

My views exactly... I find it hard to believe her family and friends wouldn't be able to identify her properly or were somehow induced to believe it was her when it really wasn't (by what? psychological manipulation from the police? hypnotising them? or other such stuff that comes out of novels and movie plots?)

I'm not saying the police are infallible. That's why I am trying to keep track on all these forums surrounding Elisa's death hoping to find out more info that the police either know about (and are not disclosing) or don't know about.

If the police just decides to close the case with a verdict of "suicide" after what I feel is an inadequate investigation, I would never believe the police's verdict. But its a real stretch for me to believe that Elisa's family and friends would somehow erroneously identify her in the video when its not really her. It must be her.

I agree except how will you know if the investigation is inadequate unless LE briefs us on everything they did?

Hi. I was a friend of Elisa. I haven't seen or heard from her in over a year, but we use to hang out and talk quite a bit online before I moved to Montreal. In my opinion the lady in the elevator isn't her, not only because the woman doesn't look like Elisa in the face, but it also appears the person in the elevator is wearing heels with straps. I've never seen or known Elisa to wear shoes that look like that. Also climbing up a steep ladder to a roof with heels on seems quite impossible in my mind. Elisa also had contact lenses she wore, she didn't always wear glasses. She was near-sighted.

The shoes the woman has on in the elevator sort of looks like they would be in this style:

I've never seen or have known Elisa to wear shoes like that. I've never known Elisa to wear heels at all... In my mind I could overhear me and her laughing at girls wearing those "prostitute heels". She was full of funnies and was quite blunt at times. I really don't think she would be caught dead in shoes like that!
elisa-lam-vancouver-seen-various-photos-releasedlos-angeles-police-dep-_tm46.jpg

<modsnip>

Hi Binocular. Welcome!!!!!!!

In order to post as an "insider" (like a friend of Elisa's), you have to be verified by the administration.

Also, Elisa's family has not stated the video wasnt their daughter. Further, the police would have no reason to post videos of someone else. In the abscence of Elisa's own family- people who desperately wanted to find her - shrieking that that was not Elisa in the video, there is zero reason to conclude it was someone else.

Hi Fei,

The quote above was your response to someone who had posted a link to this site http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-100.shtml with the following photo:
134230289.jpg

I'm a bit confused -- does the green circle and arrow drawn around the watch mean to imply that the "OP"/investigator is wearing EL's watch? Thanks for your help!

Not necessarily EL's watch, but could be of the same design. Sometimes couples or those who are closely related like to wear identical things. Someone was trying to make a connection between the OP and EL by pointing out the resemblance of their watches (or more accurately, the wristbands) ;)

I hear you about WOOFFing! I know some people who did this and had great times in Europe,etc... but I can't imagine staying somewhere so isolated with a total stranger. No way.

My understanding is her itinerary included LA --from her blog Jan 13:

Planning planning planning for the West Coast tour…

Sigh turns out I won’t be making as many stops as I’d like

Vancouver, San Diego, Los Angeles, Santa Cruz and San Francisco

I really want to stop by San Luis Obispo but alas…we’ll see

Suggestions and meet-ups still highly appreciated

?

Link: http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/40401259146/planning-planning-planning-for-the-west-coast

Oh, so she did invite people to meet-up with her. I wonder if the police can gain access to her tumblr inbox? that could potentially help a lot - perhaps one of her tumblr friends was staying in or even a resident of the Cecil, maybe they lured her there. :|

<modsnip>

Regardless of who the woman in the elevator is. She is definetly NOT wearing heels! Watch the video very carefully she is definetly in flat footed, footwear. Definitely NOT HEELS! This is clear as day, and is about the only thing that is in the video.

They also appear to be a sort of slip on sandal, because you can see when she steps out into the hall her heel raises off the shoe like a foot would do in a slip on sandal where straps where only across the front of the foot.

The girl in the video is also NOT exactly wearing a Heel type outfit.

You've made a huge error in basing your theory off of this premise.

I'm married to a Chinese woman I met while working in Malaysia. Having spent countless hours with her (obviously) and her family and others in my travels I can tell you that Chinese women are incredibly strong willed and not submissive at all. I think you've confused being polite, hard working and treating others with respect for submission, which would be a horrible mistake, not only in this thread but life in general
Chinese women are submissive? You gotta be kidding me, lol... I totally agree, no way. I have my mother, my grandmothers on both sides, my aunts, every woman in my family to prove that. And none of my Chinese female friends are submissive as well. I am strong-willed as hell. No way I will "submit" to anyone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni