CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
same same i thought it was just me alone had the same feeling that the girl in the video wasnt her.

Hey, what if the girl in the video was actually the killer or somebody involved in her death? She took EL's clothes and was actually gesturing something related to EL's death (someone mentioned some of the gestures looked like swimming).

Welcome! To me it looks like she is wearing flat sandals, I really don't see any high heels. Opinions?

sandals.jpg

Oops. I didn't see that part of the elevator footage but yes it does look like sandals now that I see from that angle. I've never seen her wear sandals before but than against Vancouver hardly has sandal wearing weather. I thought watching the elevator footage I would instantly recognize her but I didn't. Maybe it's just the perspective and bad quality of the camera. I resisted watching the elevator footage for a week because I thought something bad would happen in it.

I don't know her family. I know some things she's told me about them but I've never met her parents or sister before or been inside their home. I know she lived at home but I don't think they were the type to allow guests/friends over, I was at least never invited over. I mostly talked to Elisa online since I moved.

I agree except how will you know if the investigation is inadequate unless LE briefs us on everything they did?

That's just it. I won't know for certain. They will need to release enough info - enough for me to feel convinced that the verdict is fair. And of course it will just be what I think. Just my opinion. Their job... is not to convince me however. Their job is just to do what they feel is enough to close the case.

I think the LAPD would have some privacy issues on their hands if they released footage of another party as part of their investigation. I don't think that would be quite legal.

Hey, what if the girl in the video was actually the killer or somebody involved in her death? She took EL's clothes and was actually gesturing something related to EL's death (someone mentioned some of the gestures looked like swimming).

Really disruptive!

Okay, I don't want to offend anyone but I find these conspiracy theory/bible verse kinda posts really out of place and even disrespectful. I know 'no stone left unturned' is a good policy when it comes to solving mysteries, but there's a line you don't cross. The line into slander and crazy. We're talking about finding the perpetrator of a murder. Implying that she or her parents sent her off to be a sacrifice to some mysterious cult, or that she was possessed (etc), is both unrealistic and insulting to her memory and her family. And meanwhile the perpetrator gets away with murder. I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, just giving my :twocents:

And what about the invisible light agency.....

Invisible .......light

I have my theories

Not sure of the posting rules concerning peoples name,s but a web search of the agency comes up with a Radaris link

Removing the individuals name the results are

Title: Executive Producer and CoFounder :: The Invisible Light Agency

Industry: Broadcast Media

http://radaris.com

Jan 31st: Elisa Lam last seen in Cecil hotel lobby.
Feb 1st: Parcel containing a note, a DVD and a bullet hole-riddled memento arrives at CNN. Chris Dorner discharged from U.S. Navy Reserve.

Could they be related in some way? Was Chris Dorner ever near the Cecil Hotel?

Jan 31st: Elisa Lam last seen in Cecil hotel lobby.
Feb 1st: Parcel containing a note, a DVD and a bullet hole-riddled memento arrives at CNN. Chris Dorner discharged from U.S. Navy Reserve.

Could they be related in some way? Was Chris Dorner ever near the Cecil Hotel?

i think i read it somewhere and someone was suggesting the same theory.
sorry, don't remember where i read this...

Does anyone have any thoughts on the dark marks visible to the left of the cistern hatch in this photo?

Finger printing dust? They'd finger print the area before they began to remove the body.

The reason it's gone in the second photo is because that photo was taken a week later and there's probably been lots of workers in the area once the scene was released by the LAPD. Sanitizing the tanks, inspectors etc etc etc

Okay, I don't want to offend anyone but I find these conspiracy theory/bible verse kinda posts really out of place and even disrespectful. I know 'no stone left unturned' is a good policy when it comes to solving mysteries, but there's a line you don't cross. The line into slander and crazy. We're talking about finding the perpetrator of a murder. Implying that she or her parents sent her off to be a sacrifice to some mysterious cult, or that she was possessed (etc), is both unrealistic and insulting to her memory and her family. And meanwhile the perpetrator gets away with murder. I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, just giving my :twocents:

I agree. IMO, although it is all interesting, this kind of thing derails the thread. It's no longer a sleuthing site and more a fantasy/ghost story/Illuminati conspiracy thread. It's not helpful. It's also not Websleuths. And it's fast making it unproductive and unpleasant to visit the thread looking for new info or logical theories.

Everyone has something interesting to say but I think it would be more productive if we kept the conspiracy theory and supernatural stuff off the threads.

Not sure if this was asked and answered before, why did the LAPD published a video? Is it a general practice? Is it adequate just to published Elisa's photo since the quality of the video is so bad?

I asked that question too. The police are very selective about what information they share. I can imagine there's a whole bunch we don't know at this time. So why release the video when a couple of screen captures would suffice.

There's something there the police want to convey with the release of that video.

Translation of page 97 of the Chinese forum four_seasons posted at http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-97.shtml#ty_vip_look[VB调查] :

From the autopsy, it has been deduced that Elisa Lam died on the 1st of February.

(The guy and his companion still feel that an inspection and test of the elevator controls are of importance in concluding this case.
They conducted tests at the hotel themselves.)

First test : the length of time the elevator door stays open after the Door Hold is pressed.

We found that when pressed, the elevator door stays open for nearly 2 minutes before closing.

Besides, our tests concluded that if the elevator door is going to shut, and one presses Door Hold, there is a lapse of about 0.5 to 1 second before the door will open again (and after that, will stay open for nearly 2 minutes before closing).

We also found that if we were on the 14th floor, pressing the 14th floor button will result in the button lighting up green and then going off immediately. Pressing the 10th floor button will result in the button lighting up red.

We can thus conclude that in Elisa's CCTV footage, in the instance when the door was going to shut and then reopened again, it was because Elisa had pressed Door Hold.

I personally found the Door Hold button to be quite hard to notice on first sight, and had to study the panel to see where it is. Since Elisa seemed to be pressing all the buttons down the middle row without studying it carefully before pressing, she must have pressed the Door Hold button unintentionally.

There was no strange odour in the 14th floor nor in the lift. (not discounting the possibility that the hotel had already deep cleaned the entire area after the incident)

When Elisa stepped back into the lift a second time and pressed all the buttons again, she must have unintentionally pressed the Door Hold button again, which left the door open for an extended period.

The buttons outside of the elevator are located on the wall gap between the two elevators. According to Elisa's CCTV, she must have been in the left elevator.

According to my own opinion, Elisa was definitely on the 14th floor in the video.
The reason is as follows :
The top button she pressed on the panel's middle row lit up and then went off.

Some people on the web have questioned why, if Elisa was on the 14th floor, would she then press the 14th floor button in the elevator. My personal opinion is :

1) At the time Elisa was in the elevator, she didn't look at the button panel carefully before pressing the buttons. She was just pressing the buttons whimfully/playfully. Therefore she didn't care which buttons she pressed or how many of them were pressed.

2) Elisa may not be in her full mental capacity at that time, and that does not have to mean "drugs" or "intoxication". Sometimes just a simple absent-mindedness in people can also cause people to do things like this.

(Guy then posts a few pics of how each floor looks like from the elevator when the door opens)

In Elisa's video, we see that after she left the elevator, the elevator door closed and went down a few storeys. The door opens again. Then closes. Then opens again. Then closes.

In the pictures posted above, we can clearly see comparisons of the video clips with how views opposite the elevator doors actually look like (photos taken by me).

We can thus deduce that after Elisa leaves, the door closes and then when the door reopens, the elevator is on the 10th floor. Then the elevator door closes again, and when it reopens a second time, the elevator is now on the 7th floor.

As we can see, our previous conclusions were right.

Elisa Lam was on the 14th floor in the video.

So please can all our friends on the Web stop questioning whether Elisa was on the 14th floor or not.

BBM

When was it published that Elisa was murdered?

Maybe we should wait until the coroner determines the manner of death was homicide before it is declared she was murdered.

My opinion this was a terrible accident. Whether it was caused by mental illness or not is the mystery to me.

JMO

BBM

When was it published that Elisa was murdered?

Maybe we should wait until the coroner determines the manner of death was homicide before it is declared she was murdered.

My opinion this was a terrible accident. Whether it was caused by mental illness or not is the mystery to me.

JMO

IMO, in the case of a suspicious death we have to assume that there is or could have been a perp. To come to the conclusion that "it could have been an accident therefore let's rule out homicide until we know for sure" gives room for the perp to slip away.

If the police took that approach to crime, there'd never be any justice.

Finger printing dust? They'd finger print the area before they began to remove the body.

Yes, a number of people have suggested that the marks are some kind of fingerprinting powder. It's a strong possibility (dark powder, making fingerprints easier to see), so I'm willing to accept that as a working explanation. Thanks.

Well, she did seem to be a big fan of that movie called Drive? I don't know much about it, but she mentioned it on her blog and that postcard and I believe it is set in that area.

However it is highly possible that she went to meet someone from the internet there, too.
She sent a friend a picture from the Conan O'Brien show. Maybe she had the ticket for a certain date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998