A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Beth, this just in:

Do folks understand that I'm still on TV through the Arias trial? I won't be off air until it ends, whenever that may be...

Thanks for all you're doing!

Beth

:great:

Oh good!!! I was worried we wouldn't be seeing her anymore! She's the only talking head I trust.

To KatieCool:

"I read what happened to your sister and my heart goes out to you... Such a tragedy, as I lost my brother in his 30's I know how much you miss her and the injustice that took place!"
-----------------------------------------
Wondering if Dr Drew's Juror could suggest your being on Dr D with your sister's story. Please forgive if off topic. This is my second post.

Ok one final Beth report before I hit the road:

I will still appear every other day on In Session between 9 and 11 am. Jean and I are alternating the mornings. This will occur throughout the Arias trial. In Session is doing trial highlights every morning, starting March 4. I'll appear this Monday at 9 and 10 am. After that, it's HLN later in the day. I'm not sure but I think I'll appear briefly at 3 pm ET on HLN--just before the afternoon trial session resumes. I believe HLN is carrying at least the afternoon session live. I don't know, yet, about the morning session. Then, it's the shows: Jane Velez-Mitchell, Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew. Also, CNN has me do a brief report on most weekdays around 11:15 am ET on Ashleigh Banfield's show.

So, in sum, throughout the Arias trial I'll still be on In Session every other day, HLN every day (or most days) including the evening shows, and CNN around 11:15 (when there isn't other breaking news).

Hope this helps...

Beth

And the place to write her now is ONLY bethkaras@gmail.com

She's loving the messages of support btw. :)

To KatieCool:

"I read what happened to your sister and my heart goes out to you... Such a tragedy, as I lost my brother in his 30's I know how much you miss her and the injustice that took place!"
-----------------------------------------
Wondering if Dr Drew's Juror could suggest your being on Dr D with your sister's story. Please forgive if off topic. This is my second post.

You know i was asked for that then theday I went on was the first day JA testified so that piece got out the window BUT Nancy Grace producer has asked me on sometime as a victim's family...so we'll see. Thanks for posting!

Hi everyone! I have been snooping on the observation threads for a couple days and decided to register just so I could ask questions! I am so fascinated and shocked by this case. It's just scary. I worry so much that she will be acquitted.

Anyway, my question for now is for KCL: Maureen is still facing Jodi and such. Why are you not worried about her anymore? What impression has she given you?

Thanks so much for being there guys. I get some small level of comfort from your notes.

Melissa

P.S. I saw you Anita on Dr Drew and I thought you asked a really good questions as well! It was very interesting!

Hi, Court Insiders - thank you so much for these reports! Can you confirm something that I think Katiecoollady posted quite awhile back (but I'm not sure I'm remembering it correctly)? When JA turns her heads slightly to her right when spitting out her "responses" (sorry, I can't help the contempt here...), is she looking at the jury, or not really? I seem to recall that it SEEMS she is looking at them, but is actually looking at nothing in particular in that split second. THANKS!

Hi, Court Insiders - thank you so much for these reports! Can you confirm something that I think Katiecoollady posted quite awhile back (but I'm not sure I'm remembering it correctly)? When JA turns her heads slightly to her right when spitting out her "responses" (sorry, I can't help the contempt here...), is she looking at the jury, or not really? I seem to recall that it SEEMS she is looking at them, but is actually looking at nothing in particular in that split second. THANKS!

At least the days I was in court she's looking in the vicinity of the jurors (almost over their heads) but for the most part they aren't looking much at her. Not the way it appears at least. HTH

Yes she von Trapps and testifies with a blank stare to nowhere.

Re: Maureen I've not personally been worried about any of the jurors but several female posters who see her as 1000% guilty said they'd adopt that same direct posture toward her w the "navel intelligence". That's good enough for me.

This jury will convict her and sentence her to death. Stickin to that refrain.

I found some info about Juan Martinez' background. He is just so inspiring to me.

"... Martinez's own story is inspiring: The seventh of eight children born to illiterate Mexican farmworkers, he immigrated to California when he was 6. He says he resolved as a youngster to learn English: "The people around me who were successful spoke and read English well. You didn't get far if you couldn't do that."

He managed a drugstore after earning his undergraduate degree, then entered law school. He finished law school at Arizona State University, worked for Community Legal Services helping tenants for a few years, did some defense work, then joined the Maricopa County Attorney's Office in 1988.

...and still looks like the distance runner he used to be in the high desert of rural Victorville, California."

LINK

Nice article, thanks for sharing. I didn't realize he also prosecuted Scott Falater.

It appears I was mistaken about Arizona law.

I am now reading that the judge may allow an opportunity for the opposing attorney to recross examine. So it looks like it is left to the discretion of the trial judge. Good news.
http://www.azcourts.gov/PublicServices/CriminalLaw.aspx

this is from IS Joey Jackson on facebook when asked about recross

"You and the other 13th jurors are VERY perceptive. I love it!!! Apparently in Arizona (unlike other States), re-cross is generally not allowed. So, the other legal correspondents are correct!!! We should not anticipate that JM will NOT have another opportunity to speak with her on the stand!!! "

More Beth, this just in:

Do folks understand that I'm still on TV through the Arias trial? I won't be off air until it ends, whenever that may be...

Thanks for all you're doing!

Beth

:great:

In that case I hope the trial goes on 'til she finds a new job.

I'll send my letter to that address. Thanks Katie for the info.

I read Det. Flores entire investigative report and it is full of damning information about JA, especially from April 2008-June 2008 that was not testified to and/or allowed. My question, if you know, Does the jury get his report in its entirety as part of the evidence? For instance, If they would not allow the slashing of tires to be introduced into evidence, I wonder if they would have to redact any mention from his report if they are allowed to have it.

I read Det. Flores entire investigative report and it is full of damning information about JA, especially from April 2008-June 2008 that was not testified to and/or allowed. My question, if you know, Does the jury get his report in its entirety as part of the evidence? For instance, If they would not allow the slashing of tires to be introduced into evidence, I wonder if they would have to redact any mention from his report if they are allowed to have it.

This is a great question for the ask a lawyer thread at the top of this page. Where did you read his report? Thanks!

Thank you for posting this! It's like she has this and decided to go down the list and do the exact opposite!

I know I thought the SAME thing! ...I think that about EVERYtHING she says and does... it's like she's been reading books, watching movies, and getting the advice from experienced criminals who she's in jail with.

I've heard some people pick up on various movie quotes they have heard her use, she is absolutely absurd! Especially when it comes to the abuse... It is so obvious she has read up and been advised on abuse..

However, she has NOT delivered the information properly. A woman who was TRULY abused would be an emotional wreck having to relive the abuse on the witness stand... At the very least her lip would quiver, and she would show some emotion...

I'm wondering if the expert witness that is going to testify will actually help or hinder the abuse issue.. I hope that she is aware that Jodi is a phoney and that she sets the record straight accordingly!

I know I thought the SAME thing! ...I think that about EVERYtHING she says and does... it's like she's been reading books, watching movies, and getting the advice from experienced criminals who she's in jail with.

I've heard some people pick up on various movie quotes they have heard her use, she is absolutely absurd! Especially when it comes to the abuse... It is so obvious she has read up and been advised on abuse..

However, she has NOT delivered the information properly. A woman who was TRULY abused would be an emotional wreck having to relive the abuse on the witness stand... At the very least her lip would quiver, and she would show some emotion...

I'm wondering if the expert witness that is going to testify will actually help or hinder the abuse issue.. I hope that she is aware that Jodi is a phoney and that she sets the record straight accordingly!

No matter what any defen$e expert$ $ell, Juan Martinez will set the record straight accordingly!

This is a great question for the ask a lawyer thread at the top of this page. Where did you read his report? Thanks!

I just read det. Flores report too... I forgot where I found it though... Gosh...I will go see if I can find it again, I just assumed all you "websluther" experts had already read it...

It was really interesting, I also wondered if the jury would get to read it. I can't imagine them not giving JA a guilty verdict after reading it! Every person det. Flores interviewed ALL mentioned JA as being the person responsible for the murder.

Is it possible that this is one of the items that JA requested remain sealed? Is that even possible in a criminal case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa