The many shades of Arias' hair

So... if JA went into that salon in Salinas and had the following treatments,
approximately how long would it take to accomplish them all? TIA

1. Dye very long, very blonde hair to brown
2. Brazillian wax [ouchy!]
3. Nails

Hair I would say - 2 maybe 3hrs (depending if she got a blow-dry, if salon was busy?) she could have used a home colour ??
Waxing - 45mins to 1hr
Nails- 30 mins to 1hr ( depending again on what was done )

I just rewatched the testimony again and JA said she was in Salinas a few hours!

So... if JA went into that salon in Salinas and had the following treatments,
approximately how long would it take to accomplish them all? TIA

1. Dye very long, very blonde hair to brown
2. Brazillian wax [ouchy!]
3. Nails

Remember that the blonde to dark blonde/light brown estimate 1 hour if blown dry and styled. If just braided, less time. While color was on she could have had the nails done at the same time. Does anyone recall if she had acrylic or gel looking nails? Manicure, 30 minutes. Acrylic nails 45 min - 1 hour. Brazilian wax....no clue thank God! lol

I do think it was colored darker a month-6 WEEKS or so before the PRESS CONFERENCE. I saw that video and it's darker than the auburn looking photos. If you can find the press conference I believe TigerBalm has. It's right in the first couple of minutes, great shots of her regrowth.

Too add more confusion, I saw this photo on her myspace page.

l.jpg

With a date stamp of 5/25/08 and what seems to be a much shorter haircut.

Let's keep in mind that her guilt doesn't rest on her hair color. Even if it was been brown on 6/2 as she says, there's still lots of other evidence she planned it. It would be nice to pin this down, but it's not critical.

Too add more confusion, I saw this photo on her myspace page.

l.jpg

With a date stamp of 5/25/08 and what seems to be a much shorter haircut.

Hair is such a tricky thing..... It looks like she has had a nice blowdry in this pic & it is showing off the layers, which yes does make her hair appear shorter in this pic. It is also that same colour where it's lighter around her face.

I must be missing something. :waitasec:

I don't understand the significance of her hair color. She already admitted she killed Travis. We know she lies. Is this just to prove another lie? Or show premeditation?

Also, She could have worn a wig.

I don't understand the significance of her hair color. She already admitted she killed Travis. We know she lies. Is this just to prove another lie? Or show premeditation?

It's just another curious piece of the puzzle that absolutely factors into the evidence of premeditation. JMO

Somehow I just think the blonde JA intended to be a brunette for the killing on June 4th only and then return to her blonde color for her rendez-vous with RyanB in West Jordan UT on June 5th, BUT something went wrong with the color.?. JMO

IF JA was very blonde on June 2nd, two days before the murder …

Could JA have used a temporary brown hair rinse that might typically wash out in a few washings or have asked for as much at the Salinas salon? But, something got lost in the request/translation and a semi-permanent brown color was applied instead, which typically takes 4?-6? weeks to wash out?

If JA thought it was the temporary dye (removed in a few washings), could the two bottles of facial cleanser that she bought at Walmart on June 2nd have been intended to quickly remove the temporary color, or so she had hoped, but the brown color didn’t come out as she had planned?

Is the above scenario even plausible? TIA

It's just relevant to premeditation.

Did JA give any further explanation/excuse for the dramatic change
in hair color the day before the murder? TIA

So far, her testimony about dying her hair has not been clear, except for the fact that she did flat-out say that she did not dye it "on the way". With Jodi's tendency to look for loopholes, in Jodi's mind this could mean that she did not dye it in between Pasadena and Mesa.

She probably means she did not dye it at the same time she was driving. :rolleyes: How's that for a loophole?

I hope we're going to see some proof this week of when exactly JA dyed her hair brown from blonde!

As far as I know, we still don't know the following witnesses' accounts of JA's hair color in the days prior to TA's murder:
6/2/08
JA's Gma/Gpa before she left Yreka on her murderous trip.
JA's relative who dropped her off at Redding CA Budget car rental.
JA's sister who JA visited in Hollister CA.
MattMcC and his roommate in Santa Cruz/Monterey CA.
PaulS, JA ran into him while out with MattMcC and roommate.

6/3/08
DarryB
Washington Mutual in ?Monterey? security photos?
Salon reps in Salinas where JA said she had her nails done.
Walmart-Salinas CA security photos?
CVS-Pasadena CA security photos?​

So today, did the prosecution successfully prove Jodi dyed her hair with this pictures? Her hair in those pictures to me looked like she'd just gotten her hair done, at the very least had washed and freshly dried it. Definitely looked better than in court.

Washing and blow drying her hair would have taken a lot of work for a traveler without lodging. Her hair did not look like someone who'd been driving for a long time, and it looked too good to be self done in a hurry. I think she went to a salon.

Hopefully we will have more to add after Juan puts on his rebuttal case.

I was certain she dyed it in preparation for murder, but I wasn't expecting a flat-out denial like she testified. That has prompted me to try to prove her lies, and it's not easy because her testimony is so convoluted and inconsistent. B

But the bottom line is, there is a witness who is completely unrelated to Jodi or Travis who identified her as having blond hair on June 2. He has no reason to lie, but Jodi obviously does. So far, her testimony about dying her hair has not been clear, except for the fact that she did flat-out say that she did not dye it "on the way". With Jodi's tendency to look for loopholes, in Jodi's mind this could mean that she did not dye it in between Pasadena and Mesa.

Or SHE didn't dye it, someone else did, right?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Two of the three self photos entered into evidence in the State's rebuttal case:

6/3/08; 2:12p States #637; self photo of JA with brown hair; taken on JA's Helio phone

6/3/08; 2:25p States #636; self photo of JA with brown hair; taken on JA's Helio phone

6/3/08; 2:28p States #638; self photo of JA with brown hair; taken on JA's Helio phone

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back