100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her narcissism won't stop her from sparring with Martinez! No chihuahua shake

For all the kids I work with, there is a high need for control, no empathy, no conscience. It is a sliding scale - some have serious issues, some are more mild. The nonsense lying is constant. It is a sign that they feel the need to control - like their life literally depends on it. For days, I have seen her have the flat affect and the blank eyes. Sometimes, when she says "I don't remember," I almost see her as dissociating. It is odd. You think about how many times she has said "I don't know" about her own reasons and her own feelings. Often, with my kids, that is the way it is. They literally cannot connect to their feelings enough to know why they did what they did. So much of it is truly reactive. That does not mean there is not planning. They are highly susceptible to tremendous rage and anger at the feeling of abandonment or loss of control - even perceived abandonment or loss of control. They have a very fake exterior. I call it the "china doll." It is the smiley, happy, totally in control face you see when she does all the interviews. It is so skilled it is uncanny. It is totally a survival mechanism that they have learned very early on. Out of all kids, these kids are the most socially adept and good at being believed. Even when flat out lying.

But, today has been different. I have to say it has hit me very hard personally. I got into this field because I adopted a child who has had extreme attachment issues. Due to years of helping my child, I have come to see first hand how hard it is to raise a child with these traits of no empathy and no conscience. Like someone posted the other day, you go round and round with the lies - the endless nonsense lies - even the control on little things like the mayonnaise and mustard. The blank eyes and china doll face. You always hope you can make a difference but daily you face issues like JM has on the stand. But, then there is a point. If you can hang in there and be lovingly therapeutic and outlast the chaos, there is a point that you can get to with these children that the total look of all their bottled up shame comes up. They let down their guard for a few moments and you can see the darkness, anger, rage, and pain they carry. Almost a look of defeat.

I saw that look in Jodi today and, for me as a mom, it was the weirdest feeling. I honestly felt love. I recognized that look as the point on the children I work with when they give up the baloney and know they cannot continue - that the act and fake stuff isn't working. At that point, I know as a mom I can help. Of course, in our home and many others, it is little things like mayonnaise or mustard or lying about who hurt the family dog, not murder. But, at the end of the day, all of my families are working to help our kids get conscience and empathy so that things like this don't happen.

With my child, I wait for that look of defeat, of resignation, to know that my child is willing to trust me to help. So many times, I have had to wait patiently, through lots of stuff, to get to that point. But, the moment my child gives up the act, I know I can help. Often, those are some of our most tender moments. It takes so much for a child who has been significantly hurt (such that he or she forms no attachments) to trust with true emotion. When they will trust you, you have a chance to teach them another way. It is incredibly hard because that has been their sole survival.

Today, when I saw the deflated look, I knew JA knew the jury wasn't buying it. She can tell her way hasn't worked. The shame - not of killing TA - but of how defective and different she is from everyone else has hit her. She knows she is different, fundamentally flawed, but, if she can keep up the act and others will believe the act, she feels on top of the world. When that starts to crack, it is a tremendous fall. For a younger child, it is a point of help. For JA, it is a point of realizing it has not worked.

Sharing alot here. But, I work with families all over the world who have adopted kids with the same issues. I go to court with them to get help. I hold their hands when their child beats them up. I help them deal with the no conscience or empathy. I help protect them when their children physically harm them. I love those families because they do the hardest job in the world. JA has highlighted why we do what we do.

When I saw her deflated look, I knew she knew it was over. Today, instead of dark eyes and the smile, I could see the dark eyes and fallen countenance. I saw the "child" that was stunted many many years ago. While she tries to come across as intelligent and is very sophisticated at the act, she seems to me to be emotionally stunted at a 12 year old level. Today, in her countenance, I could see "behind the curtain" of the wizard of Oz. The grand act came crashing down.

I am not saying she will not try to regain the image. And, I am definitely not saying she will not lie. She has to lie to feel any control at all. She almost can't help it, even on stupid things.

But, today, I could see and so recognized the look. I have seen it many times before. The moment she realized it was done. That the act hadn't worked and that people could see through the fake exterior. For her, that was crushing.

Please don't bash here. It took a lot to share this. Please know that, if you have read the posts, I am huge on accountability for JA. I feel very strongly that she must be held accountable for what she did. When I describe the love and empathy I felt, it surprised even me. It is not a reflection of what I think needs to happen, but a reflection of all the young children I love that show so many traits of JA - lacking conscience, no empathy, rage, violence, non sense lying, no close attachments. Daily, I work with families that fight the good fight, with such small progress, never knowing if their patience and therapeutic parenting will make any dent in the symptoms or not. JA represents the worst outcome for us. Each day, we hope that we can help turn that around for the kids we love so much. When you talk about the mom laughing in the court room, I bet I could speak volumes as to what she has lived with. I don't know her and won't speculate, but if she is anything like the parents I work with, her emotions seem odd because parenting JA was nothing like parenting a typical child. While totally inappropriate in some of her actions, her mother heart forces her to be there until the end, even as her child testifies she is an abuser and they are not close. I bet that mom would have loved the experience of knowing her child really loved her, even once. Just a guess, but sometimes people laugh so they don't cry.

Thanks for letting me share. I hope this is understood the way it was intended. If not, let me clear it up before you jump on me - grin!

Thank you so much for sharing your insight..This will haunt me for days. So many of us are mesmerized, knowing we're watching a psychopath in real time, in the flesh.
Regardless of what their truth is, I do have sympathy for her mom. That her twin hasn't missed a single day speaks to the relationship between Mrs. Arias and her sister..She's mighty blessed to have her.

From her bank statement:

cs153_zps8fd1163f.jpg

Thanks for the screen shot! I didn't know how to bring it over.:seeya:

I wonder, why lie about the 3rd gas can? What is the consciousness of guilt there? Was she just being a brat by saying she didn't have a 3rd one, or is it something else? What did she do with it? Same with the razor. It seems that she used it in the attack (throat) and no one even knew until she started talking about the "old fashioned razor."

For some reason this isn't quoting you Dr. Know...but I sure expected some faux shaking today. faux + shaking = faking? ;)

But she couldn't even overcome her Narcissistic faceoff with Martinez to serve any of that up. And that Jury KNOWS how intense that confrontation was. It was palpable. But not even an eye twitch.

She's burnt toast in the toaster shoved down for a second round still burning at this point.

Lol! That's good! ...it made me think of a term I just heard "Faux Real"...great term for all the Jodi Arias' and Casey Anthonys' out there...

Nothing has been mentioned yet about the Priceline charge or the airport charge, right? I wonder what they are...

And are they in chronological order?

It shows something from Sacramento Airport below it, but I wonder where she was headed. :waitasec:

Here is the 411 on Tesoro...the store part is closed 1am=6am. So what else besides gas will she claim she purchased?

Tesoro - 1699 W North Temple Salt Lake City, UT 84116 - Find Tesoro gas station locations in Salt Lake ... Hours are 6 am Monday through Saturday until 1 am.

SHE COULD ONLY BUY GAS at 3am

Yeah, but we're talking about JA. I could see her saying that a guy showed up to get ready for opening and she begged him to let her get some snacks and he allowed her to. Outrageous yes, but that's to you and me. Just sayin'

I wonder, why lie about the 3rd gas can? What is the consciousness of guilt there? Was she just being a brat by saying she didn't have a 3rd one, or is it something else? What did she do with it? Same with the razor. It seems that she used it in the attack (throat) and no one even knew until she started talking about the "old fashioned razor."

Boy, the jurors were all over that! I was impressed that they caught that...

The question today about a straight razor was interesting. That neck wound. :(

How can a table knife from a regular kitchen set make such a perfect surgeon-like cut like that?

Why did JA make a huge point of explaining how Travis hadn't shaved and it was way too scratchy to do some nasty bizness -yet- the last picture of an alive Travis shows he was very cleanly shaved?

IMO there is another lie to be found in the whole Travis being clean shaven story.

Boy, the jurors were all over that! I was impressed that they caught that...

Me too. I didn't even think of it but it makes sense now. I just didn't understand how she could have done that with a regular knife, even a sharp one. But a straight razor, I can see... :( ugh...

Darn you!! You beat me to that point. :furious:

I own a Ford Focus and have tested my gas mileage frequently. I get around 28 miles to the gallon.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I wish I could blame it on the wine; but my math is just that bad! lol:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Seriously peeps, the 3 5 gals of gas proves premeditation. Clearly I'm not smert enough to tell y'all how it does, but it does! lol

I am sitting here wondering if all the awesome jury questions were already brought up in trial? I hope so because the jury is not to watch/ listen to any MSM stuff. What if something was not already brought up and they try to say Jury misconduct or something to do an appeal??

Don't get me wrong I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the jury and Juan questions!!! Just a thought I had that I wondered if anyone thought of too??

One more post before I go.

The reason for the gas can broughhaha is that without the third gas can it doesn't calculate to her being able to make it out of Arizona without getting gas. If I'm sleuthing that right.

One more post before I go.

The reason for the gas can broughhaha is that without the third gas can it doesn't calculate to her being able to make it out of Arizona without getting gas. If I'm sleuthing that right.

I see. Seems a silly, petty lie still. And one so easy to prove wrong. I guess smartie figured if there's no receipt for it, they'll never catch on. Did she really think they wouldn't dig into Walmart's records? "It was a CASH return..." Yeah, we get it Jodi...

KCL,
Walmart does in fact give cash back for purchases up to $25.00 without a receipt. You can return 4 items in a 45 day period I think is what I read on the Wally World policy site. BUT!!!!!! They WOULD indeed have a record of the return because you have to fill out a form and show I.D. If Jodi returned that gas tank - Wally World WILL have a record of it. She didn't however, so there is no record!

And you KNOW JM has that all covered... He wouldn't go to the trouble of investigating the return w/o getting some sort of proof/record from Wal-Mart...

Juan Martinez has been to the JA RODEO BEFORE! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member