a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the jewelry on Beth Karas!! Also love that she says Jodi's vocab word "de-edify" doesn't exist: it's supposed to be "disedify"!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHA Jodi is so ridiculous!!

Thanks for posting & keeping us up to date on things here...

KCL I stayed up way too late to read your post trial notes. They were so riveting I couldn't stop and here I am up early reading the ones you posted after I went to bed. I know there is a book in the making about this trial, but I was wondering if you are considering doing the same? You r DaVinciesque when conveying your thoughts. Keep up the great work and God bless!

Thank u for all you do for us!

"DaVinciesque" paints with words.

Maybe just jubilance to get out for the long weekend. I did notice a change when Juan got up. The entire energy of the whole courtroom changes, period. Jurors, everyone.

No irritation from the Judge.

No change in Jodi's mom that I could see.

No winks or chats today. But I tell you what, I resisted a serious urge to stand up at the end and give him a standing ovation. I seriously felt this in my body with every cell. Like it would have been a natural response to this kind of brilliance. I wasn't the only one feeling this way either. I can't impress the energy of his entire last half hour in there.

BBM - PLEASE KEEP RESISTING!! :please: I totally understand, but Nurmi and Wilmott are going to be doing ANYTHING to try to get a mistrial at this point. They know they've lost their case and are going to try any foul act to free this demon. THANK YOU and ALL of the WSers for what you are doing for the rest of us and especially for Travis and his family!!!!!

BBM - PLEASE KEEP RESISTING!! :please: I totally understand, but Nurmi and Wilmott are going to be doing ANYTHING to try to get a mistrial at this point. They know they've lost their case and are going to try any foul act to free this demon. THANK YOU and ALL of the WSers for what you are doing for the rest of us and especially for Travis and his family!!!!!

I write so I don't act. ;)

I've said for some time that I worship at the Church of Beth Karas. lol

Seriously I'm making a FB page this weekend titled "Bring Beth Back" and it's going to link Live trials with her. I told her today and she loved it and smiled and thanked me. :) I'm ON IT. Don't you dare take away our BETH! :furious:

I look forward to joining the page.

I write so I don't act. ;)

Katiecool - question if you don't mind.

Nurmi presented Ms. Arias with copies of supposed suicide letters she sent to her Grandmum for safe keeping. When he tried to admit them as evidence, JM objected and a sidebar ensued. Did you note what the objection was ? I assume the letters were not admitted as it seems there was no further 20 hours of Nurmi discussing them with the murderess. Do you know the status - were they admitted or tossed, if you know. Thank you. :D

Just to clarify - these are the letters she supposedly sent to her Grandmum (to be given to various people) not to be opened until November. I did not catch the year but supposedly written while in custody.

Juror asked about them in the tape Day 29 Part 1 at approx 52:52
Nurmi gave her a copy of them to review in Day 29 Part 2 between 13:20 and 17:22
At some point Nurmi tried to introduce them but JM objected. The tape continues on with exhibits 510 and 522 which are journal entries - he doesn't raise the issue of the so called letters again. Any insight would be helpful as it seems to me, they were never admitted but I could well be wrong.

Jodi could have written those suicide letters overnight. So what if they r dated June 2008 or whatever. Good grief, these people are beyond despicable.

It's ok...nothing to apologize for. I AM excited about this for many reasons and I'm sure it will break my heart on some levels. But my sister would love the fact I'm being flown to LA, picked up by a car service, put up in a 5 star hotel and getting to see one of my good friends who lives there now (who wrote THIS story: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-01-13/news/katie-jordy-s-excellent-adventure/ -- we became friends after this project).

No worries....

wow, katie. i can hardly find the words to comment on this article and your whole story. i too have a sister who i have that best friend/sister bond with. for those of us lucky enough to have it, we know it's just about the closest relationship a woman can share with another. i'd be lost without her. i talk to her and hear her in my head throughout the day----i know what she'd think about things, or what she'd tell me to do. not to mention the hours we burn up on the phone and all the fun we have when we're together.

when she got cancer last year, i convinced her to come here and get her treatment at M.D. Anderson. only the best for her, i said. she was here, away from her husband, her home, her sons and her grandchildren for 7 months. nobody else could ever understand what that was like. it was our journey and ours alone. the thing is, she said she wouldn't have it any other way. if anyone was going to be in charge of her care, she wouldn't want it to be anyone but me. so i get the sister thing, which gives me SOME understanding how horrible it had to be to lose your sister, especially the way you did. my heart aches for you.

as a rape survivor, i really wanted to help others. i felt it would be good for me, and good for them. i helped 2 women---one was a patient of my husband's who had been raped in her home, with her children present. her rapist was never caught. she was so traumatized, she couldn't even remember what he looked like, and her children remembered some things, but not enough to narrow it down. the other woman was sent to me via a friend, and i listened to her story and went to court with her when her rapist was tried and convicted. she broke my heart---a nurse like me, who was attacked in the parking garage when she arrived at work.

but i found going through this with them brought it all back for me---the 6 hours i spent in a locked taxi with my rapist, the threat of death, at one point i decided death was preferable to spending another minute with him, and then i saw my salvation-----a car with 2 men who stopped to ask if he needed assistance (he was parked in the grass at a park where there were no people in sight, and these guys were going to the archery range behind it), and i escaped with their help to safety. but i was never the same. you never are, no matter how many years go by.

i decided i either wasn't ready to be an advocate or that it was just something i wasn't cut out for. it just drained me so much that i felt physically sick. maybe it's a weakness but whatever it is, i've had to accept that it's the way i am, and i can't force myself to be something else.

so i admire you beyond what words can convey for what you do. i'm sure you mean so much to the people you've touched and you probably don't even know it. but you sure have a fan here. i just want to send love and good things your way---from me to you. i would love to BE you but i'll settle for knowing you, a little, on this boards. ((((((big strong hugs to you)))))

Jodi could have written those suicide letters overnight. So what if they r dated June 2008 or whatever. Good grief, these people are beyond despicable.

Are you reading my mind ? :floorlaugh:

I figure since Nurmi didn't spend a day talking about them, for some reason the judge did not allow them to be admitted. Please excuse me but I have not followed the case until it came to trial - wasn't there and issue before with some fake letters that Ms. Arias thought should come in ?

Katiecool - question if you don't mind.

Nurmi presented Ms. Arias with copies of supposed suicide letters she sent to her Grandmum for safe keeping. When he tried to admit them as evidence, JM objected and a sidebar ensued. Did you note what the objection was ? I assume the letters were not admitted as it seems there was no further 20 hours of Nurmi discussing them with the murderess. Do you know the status - were they admitted or tossed, if you know. Thank you. :D

i thought they WERE admitted. no?

BEfore I answer another question, and without breaking any confidence I will just say, I know there are MORE Perry Mason moments coming. This was just the beginning....lots more. Stay tuned.

Edited to add I don't know WHAT they are, just that they exist from a very very credible source. And I know the color of the folder that contains them. ;)

Aw you rock! I love you. But mad you can't share. I know. I know. Anxiety is me is building!!!:great:

I saw our birthdate on your post earlier! We are both scorpios. :)
:seeya::seeya:

One final note for tonite (maybe lol). It was kind of a mystery to all of us why Nurmi passed the ball for the last few remaining minutes to Martinez at the end of the day. It was odd, not expected. Almost like he was doing an intentional fumble. Did it read like that to the rest of you?

With his slow motion Nurmambic Pentameter he surely could have nurmed up a few more slow drawn out questions but he kind of quickly ended up and tossed it to Juan. WHy I wonder?

Beth thought it was maybe cuz he wants all his experts together for a 4 day stretch. But that means 2 full days next week of....Juan crossing these jury questions? (ok that would send me in to some kind of pop rock heaven if you get my drift) But...anyway, kind of an unsolved mystery.

JMO. But I think he wants to give up and she doesn't help her case at all. And after JM yesterday, the defense should rethink calling in any experts. JM will have a filed day with them.

What did I miss about jewelry being given to Beth K?

I told them that today. Tanisha said she can feel the love and the notes and emails she gets are what's helping them get through the days.

On another personal note, I said to Harold how much I appreciated watching his obvious support of not only Tanisha but all the women in the family and what a good man he obviously is. He walked across the circle we were standing in with tears and gave me this huge hug. What an incredible person he is.

Oh please tell Harold we all send him hugs!!!!

One final note for tonite (maybe lol). It was kind of a mystery to all of us why Nurmi passed the ball for the last few remaining minutes to Martinez at the end of the day. It was odd, not expected. Almost like he was doing an intentional fumble. Did it read like that to the rest of you?

With his slow motion Nurmambic Pentameter he surely could have nurmed up a few more slow drawn out questions but he kind of quickly ended up and tossed it to Juan. WHy I wonder?

Beth thought it was maybe cuz he wants all his experts together for a 4 day stretch. But that means 2 full days next week of....Juan crossing these jury questions? (ok that would send me in to some kind of pop rock heaven if you get my drift) But...anyway, kind of an unsolved mystery.

I'm thinking perhaps Nurmi thought it being so close to end of day and the end of the week, the judge would just dismiss the jury a little early. moo

Katie, I know you can't share what JM has up his sleeve but I would like to say that I just love how JM hints that something big is coming, gets Jodi and the defense all worried, and then changes the focus to something else! (Like January/MM) So much of being a prosecutor, I think, has to do with psychology and making killers sweat!

Question for Katie or PASA...do you know why there is no court on Monday and Tuesday? Does JM have another case?

Jurors have obligations for Monday and Tuesday to take care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420