Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. Is Dan Freeman and the other Freeman girl on Travis' side or Jodi's?

Really, I couldn't tell. The siblings continued to visit Jodi in jail after she was arrested for his murder. Dan Freeman to me seemed 'close' to Jodi in almost a romantic way. She spent time with Dan Freeman and his family, he says she was like a sister but I don't buy it. I feel like she was grooming him to be her next target. She has a history of dating and attaching herself to her ex's family and friends. The sister creeped me out, she came across as really flat and emotionless considering her ties to Travis before Jodi. I can't really read her other than to say she's creepy. I think Dan is the one who called her when Travis was found dead. I guess they're religious beliefs allow them to still be friends with Jodi even though she killed Travis.

Interesting and expecting a lot of hate mail, not from you, what is your take on Juan? He seemed all to willing to get on that Merry-go-round with JA, after all he was asking the questions and seemed to spend 15 minutes per question with needless arguing, not like the Judge who got through questions efficiently. I wish he was harder, to me he came off as petty on so many minute points and did not drive home the big ticket items.

Agree. Juan comes out of an interesting bag, too. I see two aspects that may make him so argumentative:

1. Napoleon Complex. I see this aggressiveness often in my work world. The shortest people often act the toughest and talk the loudest. My boyfriend has some of this, which he admits stems from insecurity about his height. Many feel they were bullied as children, so they become very "Joe Pesci" in adulthood.

2. Cultural insecurity. It's fairly common for non-whites to feel the need to be fiercer, smarter, etc. in a white working environment. Some have concerns about people assuming you don't know your stuff. Jodi comes off very 'Smarter Than Thou', so I'm sure she's pouncing on this particular nerve of Juan's.

ITA.

But there was no contact....and not only that, she turned her phone OFF. Who does that?
What if Travis wanted to contact her to make sure everything was OK with her on that long trip? She didn't want any contact. Wonder why?
Travis did NOT know she was on her way.

JMO

I think it's because she wanted no record of her phone (cell tower hits) and thus her being in arizona.

Agree. Juan comes out of an interesting bag, too. I see two aspects that may make him so argumentative:

1. Napoleon Complex. I see this aggressiveness often in my work world. The shortest people often act the toughest and talk the loudest. My boyfriend has some of this, which he admits stems from insecurity about his height. Many feel they were bullied as children, so they become very "Joe Pesci" in adulthood.

2. Cultural insecurity. It's fairly common for non-whites to feel the need to be fiercer, smarter, etc. in a white working environment. Some have concerns about people assuming you don't know your stuff. Jodi comes off very 'Smarter Than Thou', so I'm sure she's pouncing on this particular nerve of Juan's.

Hmm. Why does it have to be related to his race though?
Or for that matter about his height?
He might just be an aggressive / argumentative person.
Kind of over analyzing, in my opinion.

Only have one question, Why did she take time to have her nails done? Any ideas?

Pink Panther said:
Look at this picture. It was taken immediately after the full face pic of TA. He's still sitting with his arms on his knees. Notice something? The shower door is open. His arm is not opening the shower door. TA had NO IDEA that she was THAT bat chit crazy.

moo

ETA - Forgot to link the pic - Here it is:

http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/us...l?sort=3&o=212

Hate to say it but I think he did realize she was someone to fear. Not only did he tell friends, half-jokingly or not, that if he didn't show up sometime he might be dead, but he wrote in his last blog about the stress of dating and "desperately trying to find out if your date has an axe murderer pent up inside of her."

"Then I turned 30. As I tend to do, I did a little soul searching and realized that I was lonely. A quote from David O McKay kept haunting me. “No success can compensate for failure in the home.” I was a different type of homeless, one with just as few legitimate excuses as the other type bumming for change at a freeway off ramp. Around then I realized it was time to adjust my priorities and date with marriage in mind. Not to ask some one on a date because I planned on marrying them, but to date someone to look for the possibility of marriage with them. This type of dating to me is like a very long job interview and can be exponentially more mentally taxing. Desperately trying to find out if my date has an axe murderer penned up inside of her and knowing she is wondering the same thing about me. That’s usually when I think myself into a panic and start acting weird in consequence to trying so hard to act normal." [Emphasis added] http://travisalexander.blogspot.com/2008/05/why-i-want-to-marry-gold-digger.html

I like to call it a case of being 100% bad azz.

Still listening to the ME. JA was a very strong woman....good grief!

It does to me too...

I don't know how she could have put a knife in his chest with him in that position sitting in the shower. He had to be on the floor or standing straight on.

Did the ME elaborate on the direction of the wounds? Was the type of knife mentioned? I would think she would carry a stilleto, easy to conceal. Is there any indication it was a kitchen knife?

~ Above 'bolding' by smart blonde...

I think she lashed out with the knife and slashed him across his exposed nipple that we see in the sitting down shower pic.

In the (very graphic) autopsy photo of his chest wounds, that same nipple is shown with a deep gash across the lower third portion.

I think the nipple slash was probably the very first, and then as he was rising in a panic to get up and past her, his chest in it's entirety was exposed, allowing her to inflict deeper wounds, including the knife stab into his heart.

Ohh yes!!! You can say that again..

If anyone is involved with one of them, you will sense a darkness eventually. You won't be able to put a finger on that either but you know it's there. At this point, you may think you are a little crazy...You're not. It is your subconcious warning you.

exactly. do you think she could have been dabbling with these forces to put a spell so to speak on travis to make him fall in love with her. moe than one of travis friends this week on hln have claimed she had an weird sexual energy about her.

Interesting. The Law of Attraction doesn't deal with "spells" though. LOA is about visualizing and meditating and "obsessing" into reality whatever it is you desire.

LOA is kind of a self-hypnosis technique. They tell you to believe it, see it, feel it, live it, breathe it -- and doing so pulls it toward you. Jodi clearly had set every fiber of her being to becoming Mrs. Travis Alexander, in true LOA style...

Someone had posted a shot from a double-page of images from Jodi's journal. She had glued on one page multiple pics of Travis's face, each inside a red heart; a photo of the front of Travis' home, calling it her future home, etc.

But it didn't work long-term as she pictured it. She couldn't comprehend that Travis wanted to live a clean life with a chaste girl, because she was without true religious integrity. Her wondrous sexuality was her downfall.

Really, I couldn't tell. The siblings continued to visit Jodi in jail after she was arrested for his murder. Dan Freeman to me seemed 'close' to Jodi in almost a romantic way. She spent time with Dan Freeman and his family, he says she was like a sister but I don't buy it. I feel like she was grooming him to be her next target. She has a history of dating and attaching herself to her ex's family and friends. The sister creeped me out, she came across as really flat and emotionless considering her ties to Travis before Jodi. I can't really read her other than to say she's creepy. I think Dan is the one who called her when Travis was found dead. I guess they're religious beliefs allow them to still be friends with Jodi even though she killed Travis.

Thanks. I did see bits and pieces of their testimony in court and the girl was, as you said, emotionless. Strange.

Hmm. Why does it have to be related to his race though?
Or for that matter about his height?
He might just be an aggressive / argumentative person.
Kind of over analyzing, in my opinion.

It doesn't have to be. These are just two possible triggers.

Neither of us know Juan personally, so I could be right or could be wrong.

Just sharing what I know to be true about some people I personally know.

Are you short or a racial minority? I am, so know a bit about it.

Sorry if my comment offends you personally.

JA chose whatever she wanted from each religion/new age spirituality to serve her evil ways.

Mormonism: She used this religion just to trap and allure 'good and decent' men. As someone suggested earlier she loved the feeling of taking away these devoted souls from God. (Saint Bernadette of Lourdes said once that a sinner is one who loves evil) This is exactly what JA is.

She also used the Law of Attraction and witchcraft to suit her purposes. She even mentioned a Buddhist monastery.

There was a picture I saw them show her while on the stand, she almost looks like she is looking up? I have never seen that one before, it has the same lighting as the ones in the bedroom. I suspect there are a few we don't have?

Popsicle showed that it was merely the top part of a photo we have already seen...the one where her implants are the most visible. So - no new photos, sorry. (I was also hoping for a few more to resolve some questions).

When I worked in the prisons, obviously I had to interacted with some inmates who were psychopaths. It is very hard to warp one's head around how they think and view the world totally devaluing life and viewing others as objects. It is very obvious in their conversation. It takes a large amount of emotional detachment and realization of who they are to stay away from their attempts to get into your head and accept who they are.

Not everyone in prison are psychopaths.

True, most are sociopaths though. There is a prison for the criminally insane here...they come in all flavors of various pathologies...that's a job normal people shouldn't need to experience. :jail:

Just reviewed the photos. I now think Travis leg is not crossed in the shower sitting photo. It appears that his calf is pressed against his thigh. I only see one leg. He may have just slithered down the wall when he saw her. I wish I could see his face and arms.

I can't get over the amount of strength it would take to stab him so many times. I still tend to think this was a stiletto type knife. Oj slashed Nicole's tires with one and also did all of his handy work on her and Ron with one.

You don't go all stealth and then just leave your butt hanging by parking in the driveway. Jodi rented a car, bought gas, and turned off her phone till it was over and she was on her way. She screwed up in other ways ,but she wants us to believe that she was welcome there. The car was parked down the street or a block over. Why announce your presence during the trip. It only became important when she needed it to be.

I think Jodi came packed out for Cancun. She had her mind made up. She was going or Travis was dying.

Except Travis wasn't leaving for Cancun until the 10th. That doesn't make any sense to me.

That's why he was found on the 9th. Mimi went looking for him since they were supposed to leave the next day and she hadn't heard from him.

I don't think GOING to Cancun had anything to do with it - especially 6 days prior to him leaving. However, Mimi going INSTEAD of her might have been a trigger.

I still think the trigger is whatever she "did" that Travis called her out in that text on May 26th...and that's when she decided he had to die. Whether she had her plan already in mind or not, that's when it went into high gear. The gun burglery on the 28th facilitates that theory for me anyway.

thank you yes LOL the picture (not the death!) I get so involved as we all do! The emotions run high, and I want a back button.. to go back and stop these criminals. I hate that frustrated feeling about what if we knew him, heck she drove right by my house to get to his. Ugh..

Thanks Stephanie. You always have grt posts.
Do you live in Pasadena? I am always there and shudder to think I may have run into JA at Starbucks~

I totally agree with you. I'm not convinced that they had sex that day either. I think that those pictures may have been taken at an earlier date and that she uploaded them onto his camera at 1:30 pm. The bed has not been slept in. Also - TA's leg look hairless in those pics and they do not look hairless in the shower pictures.

moo

The hair on his legs is showing up the way it is because those photos have been enhanced and are highly contrasted. Maybe some of you have never manipulated photos with editing software, but I take lots of pictures of my dogs. High contrast can make things appear very strange.

I am not sure what you mean by the bed had not been slept in.

The photos of Jodi are taken before the photos of Travis. She is laying in the bed...you can clearly see the KY bottle on the opposite side of the bed. They are laying on the same sheets.

The sheets were in the DRYER...not the washer. So they had been taken off earlier in the day and washed before the camera, towel and clothes were put in the washer.

I do know Jodi didn't spend any extra time in that house than she had to after the killing. Roommates could come home after work at any time, she knew that. Plus, she didn't know how Napolean would act with someone else in the home and give her away.

I fully beleive Jodi was gone within 15 minutes of Travis being killed. That's obviously not been shown or even possible to know but that's my feeling.

And last, if you transfer photos to a SD card, they would NOT be timestamped with the date and time the same way a photo taken with the timestamp feature. It would have "properties" but they wouldn't be timestamped.

Those pictures had date and time. Just like the shower/murder ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks