IL IL - Maria Ridulph, 7, Sycamore, 3 Dec 1957

DeKalb County State’s Attorney Clay Campbell said after the verdict that he wouldn’t speculate on sentencing at this point, but said McCullough can choose whether to be sentenced under 1957 or current-day statutes.

As for the testimony from jail inmates Christopher Diaz, Kirk Swaggerty and an anonymous John Doe witness, she said McCullough chose those witnesses, not the state.

“Crimes conceived in hell don’t have angels as witnesses,” Trevarthen said.

For their testimony to be false, she added, the three would have to have telepathy to share some of the same details because all three men were never together.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2012...ays-states-witnesses-credible/an4x0rv/?page=3

“It’s going to give hope to people who are looking for conclusions in old cases,” said Charles Ridulph, Maria’s older brother. “I think people will stop and look at old cases in a new light.”

Let's hope so. I think I read this is the oldest solved cold case in state history.

The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: Judge sentences Washington man to life in prison for 1957 slaying of 7-year-old Illinois girl.

I was at the trial as well As the sentencing today. Justice has been served. It gives me hope that other very old cases can be solved

I had to come here as soon as I saw the article. I'm so happy that he was found and punished. Hopefully Maria's loved ones can find peace.

Teen's diary offers account of sister's 1957 disappearance, murder

On Dec. 3, 1957, Kay Ridulph's 7-year-old sister, Maria, was kidnapped by a mysterious stranger known as "Johnny" in Sycamore, Ill. Kay, who was 15 at the time, wrote about the search for Maria in her diary, offering an in-the-moment account of the investigation:

December 3rd, 1957, Tuesday. When I came home at 7:30 I was informed that Maria was kidnapped. It didn't really hit me until we found her doll by the garage. The whole town formed a searching party which continued throughout the whole night...​

....(Erin) Moriarty goes inside the investigation of what authorities say is the oldest cold case ever prosecuted in the U.S. in "Cold as Ice," airing Saturday March 9 at 10/9c on CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_1...account-of-sisters-1957-disappearance-murder/

Great news!
So sad that her sister didn't live to see the conclusion of the trial though

Is LE looking into this guy being an SK at all? I would find it hard to believe that if someone does something this evil, enjoys it and actually gets away with it (at least that's probably how he felt about it since he was pretty much free his whole life) that they don't repeat.

Teen's diary offers account of sister's 1957 disappearance, murder

On Dec. 3, 1957, Kay Ridulph's 7-year-old sister, Maria, was kidnapped by a mysterious stranger known as "Johnny" in Sycamore, Ill. Kay, who was 15 at the time, wrote about the search for Maria in her diary, offering an in-the-moment account of the investigation:
December 3rd, 1957, Tuesday. When I came home at 7:30 I was informed that Maria was kidnapped. It didn't really hit me until we found her doll by the garage. The whole town formed a searching party which continued throughout the whole night...
....(Erin) Moriarty goes inside the investigation of what authorities say is the oldest cold case ever prosecuted in the U.S. in "Cold as Ice," airing Saturday March 9 at 10/9c on CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_1...account-of-sisters-1957-disappearance-murder/

Carrying this over to the new page. I didn't realize when I bumped the thread it bumped to a new thread. I want the TV show info to stay current.

pub_showfront.asp
pub_showside.asp

https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/InmateSearch.aspx

Is LE looking into this guy being an SK at all? I would find it hard to believe that if someone does something this evil, enjoys it and actually gets away with it (at least that's probably how he felt about it since he was pretty much free his whole life) that they don't repeat.

Claudette, I agree with you. Think of all the unsolved cases we have! I sure hope LE is looking into ALL the places he has lived and worked.

So here's my list of young girls who disappeared or were murdered. I made sure that they were either young enough or looked young enough to fit into his profile (From one of the news articles it said that he went for a 14 year-old), I tried to weed out the ones that I am certain were done by someone else (Kase Ann Lee, for example, I wanted to add her to this list, but due to her circumstances, I'm positive Gary Ridgway had to do with her disappearance)

The one that caught my attention the most was Chalista Lewis.
WA WA - Chalisa Lewis, 14, unsolved murder in Bremerton, Feb 1995 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Rima Danette Traxler
WA WA - Rima Danette Traxler, 8, Longview, 15 May 1985 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Michella Welch and Jennifer Bastian
WA WA - Murder of Jennifer Bastian and Michella Welch connected? Tacoma, 1986 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Angela Meeker Who has already been mentioned
WA WA - Angela Mae Meeker, 13, Tacoma, 7 July 1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Kristie Lynn Vorak I always thought it was weird that Gary Ridgway would've gotten her, she was far too young, and wasn't really doing much of anything. I was always under the impression that Gary wouldn't go after someone unless they put themselves there (IE, picking up hitch hikers but wouldn't offer them rides if they hadn't asked)
WA WA - Kristi Lynn Vorak, 13, Tacoma, 31 Oct 1982 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Misty Copsey
WA WA - Misty Copsey, 14, Tacoma, 17 Sept 1992 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Lenoria E. Jones Might be a little -too- young. Also she's African American.
WA WA - Lenoria E. Jones, 3, Tacoma, 20 July 1995 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Erin Michelle Macgregor Might be too old
WA WA - Erin Michelle Macgregor, 18, Redmond, 19 Sept 1990 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Nice work. I'm going to look for some in the 60s, I would image if he ended up being a SK that this would be his most active decade - MOO of course.

Nice work. I'm going to look for some in the 60s, I would image if he ended up being a SK that this would be his most active decade - MOO of course.

Thank you.

I didn't know what state to look in for the sixties. Maybe it says in one of the news articles? I know that he lived in Tacoma since at least 1977, but I didn't know if he had lived there before then..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back