Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about anybody else, but I would be interested in knowing WHEN JA opened that second bank account. You know, the one for her budding photography business.

I can't get past this, either: What wedding photographer murders somebody IN JUNE?!?

Maybe because she was never going to be Travis' June bride!!!

Re the 3 deposits of $300, 200, and 100, respectively, my imagination runs amok! Hopefully it will be one of the juror questions next week. Enquiring minds would like to know....

Hourly rates with "extras?"

Absolutely. God forbid JA is acquitted, she won't stay hidden from the public eye in fear of her life like CA has. JA will be out selling her nasty story everywhere she can. She feels she is a celebrity of sorts, after all, she is the reason the media is at that courthouse.

CA probably hopes that everyone will stop hating her now and wonders if she can start going out again haha.

Good point! JA would probably still relish on being out in the open, with everyone seeing her and talking about her. CA showed she at least knew that people knowing of her was not in a good light and actually hid from the public. CA had some fear for her safety. JA has no fear - of anything or anyone.

"“She had eyes like a goat, flat, no depth, devoid of human compassion" (John Steinbeck, East of Eden)

I watched the beginning of JA's cross examination and despite what she said noticed no shaking, clenching of teeth or sitting on hands. She was very calm and argumentative. Hope jury remembers.

I haven't heard that she stole money from Travis. I'm not questioning your knowledge of the case so please forgive me but, do you have a link? I'd like to read more about this but there is nothing coming up on Google for me saying that she did this.

TIA

I'm sorry. That's just speculation on my part. It's been brought up a few times that she could have done so. No proof.

I watched the beginning of JA's cross examination and despite what she said noticed no shaking, clenching of teeth or sitting on hands. She was very calm and argumentative. Hope jury remembers.

I think that is why a juror asked JA whether she had the shakes during JM's cross. The juror knows there was none of that! We didn't see any shaking or quivering. She was arrogant beyond belief.

"“She had eyes like a goat, flat, no depth, devoid of human compassion" (John Steinbeck, East of Eden)

Good find- reminded me of a famous monologue-

"Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white...."

(Robert Shaw's "Quint," speech written by Peter Benchley & Carl Gottlieb)

hello Ranchgirl!! :welcome:

i agree with your observations! j.a. was stoic and defiant and ready to stand her ground.. she loved getting her little zings in..

I think she gets less sympathetic the longer she's up there too.

The ironic thing to me is that if she would have just driven straight there, phone off, shot him (not w/gp gun but another), and left, she probably could have gotten away with it. No pics, no dna, no hand prints. The time off the phone she could have explained as she was exhausted and stopped to sleep and turned it off intentionally. But she had to have the last word, a window into her mind, I think.

JA said that unlike her other boyfriends, anal sex was Travis's "preference." With past lovers, that act wasn't part of the regular repertoire.

I call utter hogwash on both counts. :notgood:

Thanks! I just hope the jury doesn't accept Jodi's answer. Poor Travis, the insult on injury is that she, I believe, is the one who introduced Travis to anal sex. What a piece of work this Jodi is. I don't know why of all the things she said about Travis, this one makes my skin crawl. moo

It must be the suicide letters. I don't think I heard if they were admitted.

Thank you for letting me know they probably were not. Hopefully, we can find out next week if not before.
They were not admitted or Nurmi would have used them. They came back from sidebar and he went to diary entries that implied suicidal thoughts.

moo

What exactly has JM brought up and dropped?

1- MM will come up, he is on the Defense witness list, though if they don't call him, I don't know if JM can, will post on the Q/A for lawyers.
2- magazines - see response to 1
3- the bloody finger picture 5/31 that finger, I think we will get more of the finger, haha, I suspect a restaurant manager is on tap for that one
4- the gas cans we have definitely not heard the last about these, I suspect DB will be back on the stand to testify about how much gas they contained when given to JA and/or JA will be asked if they were completely empty. If not, there's ample evidence she bought way more gas than she needed in Pasadena and SLC
5- cosmetic services this could be good or nothing, depending on what transpired, don't have a good read on this one
6- when she came out of her "fog" there have already been inconsistencies in her testimony about when the fog began and ended, and just how dense the fog was, I believe the fog will inadvertently lift more during her testimony again; or she will claim fog on details she has already testified to. One way or another that darn fog has already impacted her testimony and I suspect will further do so.
7- the license plate unless someone has her on video changing the plate, or perhaps video footage from the Pasadena gas station if they have cams mounted to track plates, that clearly show the plate in correct position(s), no other thoughts on this one other than it is a bit unbelievable on the surface and it's coming from her.
8- what she ate for breakfast at TA's She testified she ate a banana, :what:
9- her calling TA to pick her up from work 6/21 since she testified to this, I believe that opened the door for those records to be checked and/or additional witnesses to be brought in
10- the remote oh, that darn remote, I believe we will see DB asked about that one, along with what technology it belongs to (a new DVD player gift perhaps?)
11- the diary 6/24 nothing to speak of since it's been proven she will lie in her journal, ie. subsequent entries post 6/4/08, not sure there's a lot more to do with that except in closing arguments.
12- the broken finger That darn finger...again, may none of us have a finger that is put through so much, since the blood mix associated with her left palm print on the wall has hers and Travis', and she has testified she had no other injuries as a result (thus no other blood), I suspect that finger will be a sealed the deal moment in the long run.
13- Ryan and the love sac I don't seeing Ryan being recalled for anything, who cares about the love sac, we have what we need from when JA was on the stand, called him a name and said she 'never grinded' on that guy, those 2 moments exposed her. It would be fun to see her reaction if he is recalled, but it was just be for entertainment value in my opinion :)
13- breakfast with DB not sure how this could be relevant, could be, just don't really care, breakfast doesn't get us to premeditation.
14- the return of gas can think we will have to wait for Walmart rep to testify and/or state their policy (ie. mark up receipt to issue cash refunds, if no receipt issue gift card)
15- her stopping prior to the Hoover Dam part of that darn fog, the good thing is we know she used that time to make calls, so the missing car charger (the one that we all usually keep plugged into the lighter) may come into play
16- her working on 6/6 just to see the hours and if she actually showed up, maybe interesting, but doesn't really help with premeditation or felony murder charge...unless someone has some cleaning car footage :)
17- flowers to TA's granny I think that bombshell has been played, we will hear about it again, but I don't expect any more testimony about it
!8- an 18 page letter to family same as above

There are more!!!! This is all I can recall.

I think he is saving some of these for later. Some he started launching last week, but was just getting started and some things will be better left for other witnesses. My thoughts in red by yours above, great list!

To this, I would add:

19- her statement during testimony that surveillance probably existed but long gone by now
20- that darn left ring finger (listed above 2 times, but so good it deserves 3 mentions in a list this size
21 - her bank statements - we have only seen a small portion of 1 page, I suspect there is much more evidentiary value in those.
22 - her cameras - one was talked about as recording video that day
23 - we were shown a CVS receipt, States Exhibit #237.009, CVS Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 8:31pm, Health Care Eligible $6.37, but it does not show us what was purchased...YET. A quick scan of items near that price point that are health care eligible (qualify as FSA expenses) include condoms and contact lens solution, remember the I never had glasses till tried someone's on for fun in 2010 and was shocked at how much sharper everything was, hmmm....
24 - The Valero receipt: States Exhibit #237.004, Valero, 6/02/08 8:41pm, MC 2015. We have not been told if it was for fuel, how much, or where it was, nor can we see any of those items (yet) on the exhibits, it was folded over.

:fence:

What if after the pics were taken (which I believe she wanted to blackmail TA with), and after the horrific, bloody attack she realized the camera was full of blood? Lots of nooks and crannies to clean on a camera. So she deleted the pictures thinking they could never be retrieved, and then threw the camera in the washer along with her black socks.

Sociopaths think they are above everybody else in intelligence but sometimes they make bold mistakes because of that.

I think she gets less sympathetic the longer she's up there too.

The ironic thing to me is that if she would have just driven straight there, phone off, shot him (not w/gp gun but another), and left, she probably could have gotten away with it. No pics, no dna, no hand prints. The time off the phone she could have explained as she was exhausted and stopped to sleep and turned it off intentionally. But she had to have the last word, a window into her mind, I think.

Yes...according to her she spent 14 hours at Travis's (4am to 6pm). I think she had to work up the nerve to do it as well as having the last word. Like you say, too much time

21 - her bank statements - we have only seen a small portion of 1 page, I suspect there is much more evidentiary value in those.
22 - her cameras - one was talked about as recording

Did anyone else get the impression that the DT was surprised by the second WAMU account JM referenced?

My # 11 comment should have said Jan 24 not June! Sorry

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I don't remember where I've posted anything at this point but a couple of quick updates:

1. I'm on Tricia's radio show again tonite as a guest...please call in with any questions. This was a BIG WEEK so will be reviewing it I think.

2. Janine Driver IS coming to court this week and will be sitting with yours truly for the main purpose of reading the jury. This was her FB post to me (she put it on my wall so I feel ok sharing it):

Kathy!

I'm thinking of flying into Phoenix tomorrow night so I can be in the courtroom on Monday and Tuesday. I must see this jury. My life's mission is to stop bad people from doing bad things and I need to get a feel for how this jury feels about Jodi. How do you get inside the courtroom and could you get me in? We could go together and I can share my analysis with you!!! ;)

(I told her court was dark mon/tues so she's flying out Tues to attend Wed and hopefully Thurs)

I've rearranged my schedule to go all day on Wednesday to be there with her. And hoping I can convince her for Happy Hour after court. Pinching myself as I've been following her since before this trial. I need to go out and buy her book "You Can't Lie to Me" today. :great:
3. Jodi Arias will be convicted by this jury and sentenced to death (imo of course). Just thought I'd throw this in here as long as I'm making a list. ;)

Good point! JA would probably still relish on being out in the open, with everyone seeing her and talking about her. CA showed she at least knew that people knowing of her was not in a good light and actually hid from the public. CA had some fear for her safety. JA has no fear - of anything or anyone.

One of the most irksome things about Jodi's testimony/interviews, etc., is her constant and repetitive use of the phrases: "Hitting the Road". "On the Road"; and "Hanging out"! All I can think of is the Willie Nelson ballad "On the Road Again"!

If she ever gets out, God forbid, the highways and interstates will never be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim