***Day 2 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou
Elise Neilsen tells court Baden-Clay told her Allison had gone for her normal 10pm walk and hadn't come back. Told police she walked in AM.

John Taylor ‏@_JohnTaylor_
New witness. Police officer Kieran John Ash. @abcnews #BadenClay

Alison Ariotti ‏@AlisonAriotti
3rd witness in #BadenClay committal. Constable Kieron Ash who attended #BadenClay home when Allison was reported missing. @9NewsBrisbane

Is Elise a witness for the prosecution or the defence? Her statement seems to be one that defence team would love!

GBC urging Allison to seek help is evil to me: someone I know has recently been going through post-natal depression-related anxiety and her husband supported her going for counseling so she could figure out why she was being so irrational but now it turns out he had been cheating on her and her anxiety was actually sane intuition.

Lexy Hamilton-Smith ‏@LexyH10
@tennewsqld Third witness Const Kieron Ash takes stand #BadenClay case..he visited home.. Checking note book details

We're now hearing from the first police officer to arrive at the Baden-Clay house after Allison was reported missing.

Ali or somneone . Is it possible that if the magistrate hears enough to send GBC to to trial he can in effect say " I've heard enough " and cut the hearing short or do all witnesses have to be heard . In other words can the magistrate rule when he is certain GBC should be tried , without going the 6 days

GBC urging Allison to seek help is evil to me: someone I know has recently been going through post-natal depression-related anxiety and her husband supported her going for counseling so she could figure out why she was being so irrational but now it turns out he had been cheating on her and her anxiety was actually sane intuition.

Didn't the affair with TM start soon after she had her youngest daughter? - very soon after from recollection

Ali alluded to this yesterday (correct me if I'm wrong Ali), but I think we have to remember that we are only hearing from 42 of the total number of witnesses who gave statements. I think it would make sense that the defence would choose some that may not sound overly convincing or the ones where the times are not consistent. There may be (although we don't know) many other statements where the times do match up, for example - the defence just hasn't called them as witnesses at this time. Who knows.....

That's true. Alot of men/women play on the fact that their partner is suffering from anxiety or depression. They try to use it to their own advanatge.

There is also the thing that if Allison could be seen to be needing more care for her depression, more people might think "Oh what a wonderful hubby he is, look what he puts up with." He could also have used it to make her feel even worse. "Well love, look, you know you're not well..."

Is Elise a witness for the prosecution or the defence? Her statement seems to be one that defence team would love!

She's just a witness. Your statement begs the question are you really interested in truth and justice. Surely we need to hear the truth whether it is convenient or not!

Officer admits inconsistencies in what is in his notebook from April 20 and what is in written statement to court. #BadenClay @abcnews

Baden-Clay told the officer Allison had gone for a 6am walk and hadn't returned.

She's just a witness. Your statement begs the question are you really interested in truth and justice. Surely we need to hear the truth whether it is convenient or not!

No. I was merely wondering if she is a witness for the prosecution or the defence. And my other thought was that the defence would love what she has to say.

Hi Snails and co. Back for a while and have caught up if anyone needs a break?

No. I was merely wondering if she is a witness for the prosecution or the defence. And my other thought was that the defence would love what she has to say.

Sorry to launch at you! Thanks for the explanation.

I dont think Linette inferred that at all . She just said it would be good for defence case . I think EVERYONE on here wants justice whatever that may be:moo:

Hi Snails and co. Back for a while and have caught up if anyone needs a break?

Hi CC. That would be great. I was going to ask if someone could take over when they call the tea break. Then I can get a bit of my real work done :)

I wonder if someone did phone the police that night to report the screams, it would explain why the police were quick to respond & attend the home the following morning.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226595359813

10.26am: Witness Elise Neilsen said she rang Baden-Clay on April 20, after hearing Allison was missing.

"I said 'what's happened, where would she be?'," she said.

"He said 'she went for her normal 10 o'clock walk ... and hasn't come back'.

"My reaction was '10 o'clock, does she always walk at 10 o'clock?'.

"And he said 'yes'."

Mr Davis said Baden-Clay told police he had last seen her at 10pm when he went to bed and assumed she had gone for a walk in the morning.

He asked Ms Neilsen whether she could have gotten that confused.

"I thought he had said she went for her normal 10 o'clock walk and didn't come back," she said.

"It's a possibility."

The court heard she then asked if Allison had been taking her medication.

"You were thinking she had done something to herself," Mr Davis said.

"It crossed my mind," she replied.

Some parts of Const. Kieron Ash statement come from recollections of conversations with Gerard #BadenClay not in his notebook. @abcnews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member