***Day 2 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been trying to help my friend through a very hard time in her life (ongoing depression/suicide attempts) - I hope I'm not being seen as evil.

Not at all-- you are sincerely helping her, not cheating on her and lying to her about it so she doesn't know what's real or not and then making her out to be the crazy one, it's GBC's disingenuous gaslighting behavior I find evil.

Wonder what prompted the early lunch break? An upcoming witness who may take a long time, or something that the Magistrate wanted to discuss in his office with Davis and Boyle?

Very interesting... Any ideas, Ali?

Often the latter I think but genius Ali is the one to answer . She makes me want to forget all those lawyer jokes I've heard . Thanks Ali

I've just been trying to help my friend through a very hard time in her life (ongoing depression/suicide attempts) - I hope I'm not being seen as evil.

It is a delicate situation to be in to help a friend who is like that. Good on you for being there for her, I am no good with that sort of thing and would prob make things worse so I avoid those situations.

Back on topic thanks folks...it's not a chat room.

Baden Clay Committal Hearing

Wonder what prompted the early lunch break? An upcoming witness who may take a long time, or something that the Magistrate wanted to discuss in his office with Davis and Boyle?

Very interesting... Any ideas, Ali?

Yesterday, at the beginning of the hearing, it was decided that at 3pm , today, they would discuss Relationships Australia objection to the use their counsellors notes. The family counsellor was not willing to be cross examined. They set the time for this discussion to take place and apparently the 78B notices were not exchanged, so RA believed they didn't have to provide evidence. I would say they needed to have more witnesses heard and deal with RA , all in the afternoon.

Yesterday, at the beginning of the hearing, it was decided that at 3pm , today, they would discuss Relationships Australia objection to the use their counsellors notes. They set the time for this discussion to take place and apparently the 78B notices were not exchanged, so RA believed they didn't have to provide evidence. I would say they needed to have more witnesses heard and deal with RA , all in the afternoon.

I thought that decision was to be made next week? Can't remember if it was the Tuesday or Wednesday, but definitely next week.

The defense is probably playing on the fact that if someone is depressed, there is the potential for suicide. You don't need to have been hospitalised, or admitted suicidal thoughts for this to be considered possible. In fact, even individuals who don't appear depressed can suicide. I think this is where the 'reasonable doubt' argument comes in.

Based on what I know, I obviously don't believe Allison commited suicide -what really has me convinced of this is that there was no note (that we know of) left for her girls or her parents. She would have wanted to say goodbye to them IMO.

IMO the defence has nothing else but the suicide theory to justify them being there. They are not even looking at stranger abduction/murder ... because they probably suspect who did it!! ... But they have to do their job and defend him.

Alicat, it is awesome you are there to help your friend. Depression is a horrid illness and sufferers appreciate anyone who is willing to stick by them and try to help. Well done.

It is strange that there is absolutely no mention from the defense so far about the possibility of another person harming Allison. It seems to me that it would have been easier to convince a jury of this (as opposed to the suicide theory), rather than Allison harming herself. Then again, there's probably so much we aren't privy to yet in regards to evidence, statements, etc. They must have their reasons for pursuing this defense.

Even back to when Allison was missing, I was surprised that the BC's never directly suggested to the media that someone else harmed her. I know there were a few cryptic comments made by GBC and OW, but it still astounded me at the time.

I thought that decision was to be made next week? Can't remember if it was the Tuesday or Wednesday, but definitely next week.

It was agreed that Danny would issue the 78B documents , (that was a requirement anyway, and had been overlooked) , to RA in the lunch break yesterday, and I just checked my notes and I have 9 am 20th March. Oops, I think your right. I think it was discussed as being today , but then this later date was given. Can someone else confirm?

...oh and of course all us forty-something-mothers-of-young-children spend our precious evenings watching The Footy Show like NEVER! And when preparing for a huge conference the next day with a "just done" do, we go for our normal 2km walk, whilst wearing a item of clothing that provides warmth that has to be pulled over said coif, knowing that we have soooo much time to prepare lunches when we get back and pulling warm clothing item back over head because between 6 and 7 there is lots of time to do all this -NOT!! But wait, suicidal and depressed women are concious of their appearance, just raring to go to conferences and successfully run busy households with happy adjusted children - NOPE!

I am getting so angry at the assumptions and inferences being made about Zoloft takers. I was one and there is no shame except that as a strong woman, you feel angry that you need medication. If Allison had feelings that were what I experienced, then she was not suicidal and probably not even depressed- just anxious, overwhelmed and exhausted. She is a hero to have risen above his philandering and while assisted by medication, 90% is the strength of her character. I ache for those beautiful daughters of Allison's. There is no way in 100 million years that she would have left them.

Yeah I wondered the same as you and one for the def team to tick. I am sure a lot of people will be called saying similar as that looks like the way Gerard wants to try to get out of it.

Like its not bad enough that he killed her but wants to make out she killed herself and left her darling little girls without a mother when it was HIM.

Hi - Just revisiting this point. When I first read about the friend's concern about Alison being a suicide risk, I was alarmed. However, in retrospect, I think that this witness's evidence of GBC's changing memory of Alison's walk time is far more valuable for the prosecution's case than a lay person's assessment of Alison's mental state. I'd be very surprised if there aren't expert witnesses who will testify more accurately that Alison was not at a high risk of suicide.

Re: glove.

Maybe when GBC was disposing of Allison the glove fingertip got caught up in Allison's jumper. He realised and told someone and they went back at 4am hoping to go down and find the fingertip of the glove knowing it is evidence?

4am in April? It would still be dark wouldn't it? Maybe they were hoping to see how/where the moon was and if they could stop and go down to the riverbank to retrieve it? Remember something went to forensics in WA? Maybe they found something on his car/clothes that is only found around that area?

Remember the police found (the) gloves though so I'm thinking he didn't go back to look for the fingertip, because he wouldn't know it was missing. I'm thinking the second trip was for another reason. Maybe dad needed to be sure his son finished the job? sorry. I hope that fingertip has his print on it!

While I'm here, so weird alicat about your feelings. It must be hard for you, but take no blame yourself. big hug..

also feeling a bit disappointed so far. Surely there's stronger evidence to come..:please:
Moo

...oh and of course all us forty-something-mothers-of-young-children spend our precious evenings watching The Footy Show like NEVER! And when preparing for a huge conference the next day with a "just done" do, we go for our normal 2km walk, whilst wearing a item of clothing that provides warmth that has to be pulled over said coif, knowing that we have soooo much time to prepare lunches when we get back and pulling warm clothing item back over head because between 6 and 7 there is lots of time to do all this -NOT!! philandering and while assisted by medication, 90% is the strength of her character. I ache for those beautiful daughters of Allison's. There is no way in 100 million years that she would have left them.

Respectfully snipped some.

BBM - Ah, I can't believe we didn't mention this before.
I usually try and remember to wear something loose or zip up when I go to the hairdressers for that exact reason. Interesting point there MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!