GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Sasquatch for the great information about plea bargaining and the death penalty. Inparticular how it has applied to past aggravated murder cases in Oregon. I for one would not vote to abolish the death penalty because, as you point out, it is an important tool for prosecutors to push guilty pleas and murder trials forward for murderers who only have interests in their own survival. I would also be first to vote for bread and water and a hole to pee in for these self obsessed murderers :twocents:

And Sas, I love the llamas. They are so beautiful and majestic looking. Love the colors.

You are welcome! Thank you! I am glad that you like the photos, as well! :)

Sasquatch, those are some excellent points you make above and very well written. I agree that the death penalty is a very valuable too. It angers me that the Oregon Governor has just unilaterally decided to override the legislature and judge and jury and prevent any executions.

You are welcome! Thank you! I am glad that you like the photos, as well! :)
Sorry Sasquatch I meant to say your Alpacas are lovely (not Llamas). I guess I do need the decaf!

Sasquatch, those are some excellent points you make above and very well written. I agree that the death penalty is a very valuable too. It angers me that the Oregon Governor has just unilaterally decided to override the legislature and judge and jury and prevent any executions.
I second that emotion! It angers me too. Thanks PrairieWind.

Sorry Sasquatch I meant to say your Alpacas are lovely (not Llamas). I guess I do need the decaf!

No Worries! I have been calling them Llamas for years, until I finally read the farm sign. Both Llamas and
Alpacas are cousins though! :)

Here are the new silk purple flowers that I added a few weeks ago at Roslyn Lake, in memory of Whitney!

picture.php

I finally got a photo of those Alpacas near Roslyn Lake. I figured Caffeinejean would appreciate these!

alpacas_zpse43c6608.jpg

Lovely photo they are beautiful creatures.

Thank you PrairieWind! Gov. John Kitzhaber's moratorium on executions, will be challenged in the Supreme Court next week. I am sure that a lot of people are watching this case.

http://www.kgw.com/news/OR-murderers-execution-request-up-to-high-court-196776491.html

The Governor previously halted the twice-convicted murderer, Gary Haugen's execution in 2011. Gary Haugen believes that the Governor's reprieve, deprives him of his constitutional rights and is considered cruel and unusual punishment. Haugen's lawyers took the case to the Marion County Courtroom, where they won the first round last year.

"Haugen won the first round Aug. 3 in Marion County Circuit Court, where visiting Judge Timothy Alexander ruled that Haugen could refuse the reprieve. The Supreme Court accepted Kitzhaber’s appeal directly"...."In written arguments filed with the court, Kitzhaber said Haugen has no legal right to reject a reprieve based on three main reasons: the text of the Oregon Constitution; the historical circumstances of clemency; and previous court decisions about the governor’s clemency powers."

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20130310/NEWS/303100027/Oregon-Supreme-Court-hear-Haugen-death-penalty-case?nclick_check=1

The Supreme Court's Decision might not be heard until 6 to 9 months after the hearing, according to The Statesman Journal.

Here are the new silk purple flowers that I added a few weeks ago at Roslyn Lake, in memory of Whitney!

picture.php

I finally got a photo of those Alpacas near Roslyn Lake. I figured Caffeinejean would appreciate these!

alpacas_zpse43c6608.jpg

I'm only seeing a photo of the alpacas. Would love to see the photo of the new flowers for Whitney. Is the little rose bush still there?

Thank you Sasquatch for the great information about plea bargaining and the death penalty. Inparticular how it has applied to past aggravated murder cases in Oregon. I for one would not vote to abolish the death penalty because, as you point out, it is an important tool for prosecutors to push guilty pleas and murder trials forward for murderers who only have interests in their own survival. I would also be first to vote for bread and water and a hole to pee in for these self obsessed murderers :twocents:

And Sas, I love the llamas. They are so beautiful and majestic looking. Love the colors.

Great photos SaQ...Thanks fo rth eintel on the death penalty issues in Oregon

I agree in the basic pschology of a perp willing to commit a capital crime, they usually dont think about the death penalty to deter them from the crime

But, however, IMO when the perp's caught and reality sinks in about the options available then it's a reality check and the DA has more wiggle room to get the desired plea from the perp

I'm only seeing a photo of the alpacas. Would love to see the photo of the new flowers for Whitney. Is the little rose bush still there?

Hi La Louve! I will post the purple silk flowers on a different link, so that it might be easier to load. The little rose bush is still by the power pole, but it stopped blooming around the end of January. If it survived the Winter, I will place it in a more permanent flower pot. If the roses didn't survive, then I will probably replace them, with similar roses and a new flower pot. The spot is located on PGE's private property, so I am hesitant to dig and place them into the ground.

whitpurple_zps30eb11ec.jpg

Great photos SaQ...Thanks fo rth eintel on the death penalty issues in Oregon

I agree in the basic pschology of a perp willing to commit a capital crime, they usually dont think about the death penalty to deter them from the crime

But, however, IMO when the perp's caught and reality sinks in about the options available then it's a reality check and the DA has more wiggle room to get the desired plea from the perp

You are welcome! Thank you! Let's hope that the DA can get the maximum penalty allowed for JH, if indeed a plea is reached in May.

Hi La Louve! I will post the purple silk flowers on a different link, so that it might be easier to load. The little rose bush is still by the power pole, but it stopped blooming around the end of January. If it survived the Winter, I will place it in a more permanent flower pot. If the roses didn't survive, then I will probably replace them, with similar roses and a new flower pot. The spot is located on PGE's private property, so I am hesitant to dig and place them into the ground.

whitpurple_zps30eb11ec.jpg

Hi Sasquatch, thanks for those photos and the update about the rose bush! I think if it's pruned back soon it should be fine going into a new pot. I thought about putting it in the ground too but figured that would be a no-no. Nearly drove out there last weekend when the weather was so nice but the time got away from me. Next decent day I'll head out there and bring my pruners with me :) Thanks again for helping make the place of Whitney's last moments a place of beauty and peace.

Hi Sasquatch, thanks for those photos and the update about the rose bush! I think if it's pruned back soon it should be fine going into a new pot. I thought about putting it in the ground too but figured that would be a no-no. Nearly drove out there last weekend when the weather was so nice but the time got away from me. Next decent day I'll head out there and bring my pruners with me :) Thanks again for helping make the place of Whitney's last moments a place of beauty and peace.

You are welcome! Thank you La Louve, for your kind words! You have a big heart! It has been my pleasure to add whatever beauty that I can, in memory of Whitney! Thank you also for always sharing your great knowledge of flowers, plants and trees!

Lovely photo they are beautiful creatures.

Thank you gregjrichards! Yes, they are beautiful creatures! There are about 4 Alpaca farms between the City of Gresham and Roslyn Lake. I enjoy seeing them when I go out for a scenic drive.

I took a trip out to Roslyn Lake this week, to check on the condition of the roses that I placed last November. I found out that Thomas Road has about a 3-5 foot county right of way on each side of the road. I believe Oregon counties set the minimum at about 3 feet on each side for access to utilities, ditches and multi-use right of way(5 feet is the minimum right of way for the State Roads - ODOT). You can see the property fence lines set back about the same distance, as you look down Thomas Road. This would make section that I placed the roses at, on Clackamas County property, not PGEs. Clackamas County lets you place road side memorials, as long as they do not disrupt traffic. There is a lot of trash that people threw down around the area, so I will go out there on a nice day and try to clean some of it up.

The roses survived the Winter, just as La Louve said they would. The pot was in a decorative plastic wrap, so it was soaked with water. I placed them into the ground with some compost, but didn't clip anything. I then added a new glazed clay pot with a bare root "Hybrid Blue Girl Tea Rose". I added some compost and potting soil. This was placed Tuesday, right before the week of rain. The clay pot is glazed only on the outside, so the bottom and the inside of the pot are bare fired clay. I placed it into the ground a bit so that it wouldn't tip. I hope that the Blue Girl Rose will take in the pot, and I will probably have to place it into the ground before Summer. I do not live close enough to drive out and water it all the time, so it will need water from the ground to maintain it throughout the Summer. The Blue Girl Rose will bloom with a light purple color and has a lavender hue. I hope I can get it to bloom. It would be nice to see the purple roses bloom in memory of Whitney!

Here are some photos of what I added this last week:

DSC00069part2_zps37d23c36.jpg

DSC00067_zps8686c6c7.jpg

DSC00074_zps09c1272a.jpg

DSC00073_zpsedce9073.jpg

Here is an example of what the Hybrid Blue Girl Tea Rose will look like when it blooms:

6a00d8341c589d53ef010535d2fc02970c-800wi

I took a trip out to Roslyn Lake this week, to check on the condition of the roses that I placed last November. I found out that Thomas Road has about a 3-5 foot county right of way on each side of the road. I believe Oregon counties set the minimum at about 3 feet on each side for access to utilities, ditches and multi-use right of way(5 feet is the minimum right of way for the State Roads - ODOT). You can see the property fence lines set back about the same distance, as you look down Thomas Road. This would make section that I placed the roses at, on Clackamas County property, not PGEs. Clackamas County lets you place road side memorials, as long as they do not disrupt traffic. There is a lot of trash that people threw down around the area, so I will go out there on a nice day and try to clean some of it up.

The roses survived the Winter, just as La Louve said they would. The pot was in a decorative plastic wrap, so it was soaked with water. I placed them into the ground with some compost, but didn't clip anything. I then added a new glazed clay pot with a bare root "Hybrid Blue Girl Tea Rose". I added some compost and potting soil. This was placed Tuesday, right before the week of rain. The clay pot is glazed only on the outside, so the bottom and the inside of the pot are bare fired clay. I placed it into the ground a bit so that it wouldn't tip. I hope that the Blue Girl Rose will take in the pot, and I will probably have to place it into the ground before Summer. I do not live close enough to drive out and water it all the time, so it will need water from the ground to maintain it throughout the Summer. The Blue Girl Rose will bloom with a light purple color and has a lavender hue. I hope I can get it to bloom. It would be nice to see the purple roses bloom in memory of Whitney!

Here are some photos of what I added this last week:

DSC00069part2_zps37d23c36.jpg

DSC00067_zps8686c6c7.jpg

DSC00074_zps09c1272a.jpg

DSC00073_zpsedce9073.jpg

Here is an example of what the Hybrid Blue Girl Tea Rose will look like when it blooms:

6a00d8341c589d53ef010535d2fc02970c-800wi

Thank you for doing this Sasquatch you have a heart of gold beautiful flowers for a beautiful young lady. I am sure Whitney would have loved them.

Thank you for doing this Sasquatch you have a heart of gold beautiful flowers for a beautiful young lady. I am sure Whitney would have loved them.

You are welcome! Thank you gregjrichards! I went back out there this morning, and added some cedar mulch to help keep the moisture in. I was also able to fill a bag full of trash, from the turnout area. I do hope both rose bushes bloom this Spring! I also believe that Whitney would have loved them. Thank you for your kind words!

Sasquatch you are my hero :blushing:

Thank you so much.

You are welcome! Thank you Glow for your kind words! I have never grown or taken care of roses before, so this is a first. La Louve said that she might prune the roses if she makes a trip out to Roslyn Lake. If not, then maybe she can give me some pointers on how to prune them. It will be great if we can get both of the roses to bloom this Spring!

Thank you Sasquatch.
That's a big beautiful and big hearted foot print you left with those roses. I know they will do just fine as we know they were placed with love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151