***Day 2 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have been to the courtroom is it easy to find the public seating area ?

Very easy! Assuming it is in Ct 17 again, once you are through security, take the lifts to level 4. Ct 17 is on the right as you exit the lift area. There is only one door that will give you access to the public seating area...it is the same one the witnesses use.

That's good to hear! It worked for me too and then thought maybe you have to be logged into Twitter to access it. I have a twitter account, but have never actually "tweeted" anything. Funny hey :)

Snail I was on my home computer and it worked. I wasnt logged into Twitter.
I am very impressed with myself because I signed up for Twitter yesterday after reading all the posts about Twitter. I wouldnt have a clue how to post or anything. I thought it was amazing that I worked out how to follow John Taylor and Kate Kyriacou lol.

No. I was merely wondering if she is a witness for the prosecution or the defence. And my other thought was that the defence would love what she has to say.
THe police when investigating a case have a duty to include all the evidence, incluging evidence that will inculpate (support the charge) and evidence that will exculpate (more favourable to the defence). It is unethical to without statements because they do not necessarily support a charge. This woman's statement was obviously one of the 400 odd submitted by the polilce.

The prosecution at this stage at committal do not go and find their own witnesses. Now the trial is a different matter and they may well source other witnesses that would be helpful for their case including expert witnesses. I was not in court today but yesterday Mr Davies was clearly trying to establish evidence and get admissions on the record. eg. when cross examining Kerrie Anne Walker he wanted to clearly establish the years when Allison had admitted depression and to get an admission from Kerrie anne that she had not seen Alison since 3rd of February and that she was not aware of other Drs visits Alison made in 2011 and 2012. What he then does with these admissions will be seen at trial. He may make a decisiom
to run with a suicide/depression theme or decide against it.

There were a lot of questions yesterday to Dr Mills and Dr Griffiths of a technical nature requesting references and evidence base eg. what expertise Dr Griffiths had regarding scratches, what technical sources he used. He was carfeful to establish the type of nail that could posibly have inflicted the injury and the angle of the curve. I would lay bets he will have a team of lackeys looking up medical journals that could be possibly more up to date than the text book quoted. They will examine every photo of Alison to work out the length and angle of her nails etc. and I am sure if there is a perceived discrepency in Dr Griffiths expert opion it will then be dissected at trial.

By the way does anyone have any knowledge of the length of Alisons nails??
researchers very busy before tr

Snail I was on my home computer and it worked. I wasnt logged into Twitter.
I am very impressed with myself because I signed up for Twitter yesterday after reading all the posts about Twitter. I wouldnt have a clue how to post or anything. I thought it was amazing that I worked out how to follow John Taylor and Kate Kyriacou lol.

I am the same! I've had the account for a while but never used it but I've learnt a lot about in in the past two days. It really is excellent for keeping updated on a current news story :) I hope my tweet reports (and also the other tweet reporters here such as Curiousasacat and Fuskier) have been useful to others here.

I have tried to put my comments in bold, italic and underline. Hope that it worked!

Lychee I wish I could share your view on this but unfortunately try as I may I can see absolutely no excuse for the BC behaviour. I am not saying you are wrong and I appreciate you taking the time to express your opinions. I have never been in the BC's situation, and hope I never am, so I cannot definitely cant say how I would react.

But who did this? Could it have been Allison checking his phone? 5 people in the house!

It seems from the evidence that she may have been angry and upset (understandably)! Sleep wouldn't have come easily IMO.

I think any anger she felt was well and truly over with by the time GBC's phone was plugged in to the charger again. IMO he had already ended her life by then. So IMO it was GBC who plugged his phone in to charge.

The old contrarian in me is just wondering if the police and media (and some posters on this site) feel in any way distressed that this false information has been substantially used to destroy NBC's reputation?

Read this article again.
http://www.news.com.au/national-new...-documents-claim/story-e6frfkvr-1226413294650

It's quite chilling. You might get an insight into how the police work in cases like these. Let's not be naive!
Seems to me that NBC and EBC may be owed a big, public apology?
Wonder what else they've got wrong? Feels a bit like Chamberlains all over again this case!

....so if it wasn't a face-time call, then I wonder what type of call it was!

Thats one thing which still doesn't sit right with me...Although the Analyst completely dismissed the facetime call as being remotely possible, I wonder what exactly caused that glitch in the program used. And it just so happened to be to NBCs phone, Who was (unconfirmed) sighted that night. Very odd indeed, perhaps there was some interaction between those phones that the program just wasn't up to date on.
Peter Davis certainly didn't follow this line of enquiry................

NO......'SCRAPS' did it!!!! Walked her all the way to the bridge and pushed her over!!!! Under GBC instructions of course!!!!!:banghead::jail:

Ah ha! Scraps is the 'Hound from Hell' what a mongrel!

Does anyone else think it is strange that his parents arent there to support him?
Yes I do. Even if my child was appearing in court and I believed he was guilty, I would still be there for support because its family.

Maybe his parents are witnesses and can't be in court?

Olivia is not in the courtroom, so the obvious conclusion she will be a witness at the committal or trial. BUT she is still there in an interview room and touching base with GBC during breaks (when she is not turned away). Am I right in assuming very little has been seen of Elaine in recent times?

Does anyone know who that woman was today? wow. Anyway. I might head in tomorrow if I can get a good parking spot.

Don't know any more, I'm just a cynical old observor and we'll have to wait and see if the speculative similarities have any basis in fact. I'm just big on having an open mind!

My feelings and hunches too have been on a roller coaster ride of late, it's good to be the devils advocate to throw some left field thoughts, I think that's why this forum is balanced & open minded. I think it's healthy to be that way. Just a few threads ago I was fearful of the committal and the support I received from my cyber friends was overwhelming, so beautiful!

Now back to the Chamberlains, the media fed us what they wanted us to read and it sold newspapers, of course we all believed what we read and we all were out to have Lindy hung and quartered and some of those stories were extremely far fetched in hindsight. Joy Coole (?) said there was foetal blood all over the passengers side when it was a spray that all those cars had in them...what I getting at is I'm proud to be apart of this Webslueths because we all have a mature and healthy regard for the truth and each other :twocents:

Thats one thing which still doesn't sit right with me...Although the Analyst completely dismissed the facetime call as being remotely possible, I wonder what exactly caused that glitch in the program used. And it just so happened to be to NBCs phone, Who was (unconfirmed) sighted that night. Very odd indeed, perhaps there was some interaction between those phones that the program just wasn't up to date on.
Peter Davis certainly didn't follow this line of enquiry................

Was thinking the exact same thing myself! :waitasec:

This doesn't make someone guilty of murder either, but, wow, the gall of GBC asking Bruce Flegg for a loan of $400 000 unsecured, and then being evasive when Bruce asked him questions regarding what it was for.

How humiliated I would be if my husband was doing this? I mean, there are ways, and there are ways of asking for help or favours....(moo)
Did we ever come up with a reason why none of his loans were from major lending facilities?

From my reading of today's evidence, there was no call, face-time or otherwise. The technician explained that a malfunction of the software he was using gave the face-time result. This has now been corrected and debunked. BBM

hmm open mind? I think you have pretty much decided that the police are 'not to be relied upon' and are dicking around the Baden-Clays. Are you comfortable with this view or just being a devils advocate for the purpose of stirring things around. Please don't use this so called cynicism and contrariness as an excuse to hide behind your point of view - if you believe in justice for Allison then shout your point of view from the rooftops as we on here do. Just don't get aggravated- show why you believe - this is why we are here! For that reason only!!! NONE of us have personal vendettas against anyone. Yes the majority of people here have a similar but differing perspective from you so show us your open mind. Seriously telling us the case resembles Azaria (from which new policing policies were probably developed) and then stating the police haven't done their job because hey they are corrupt and only want a result makes you equally responsilbe for supporting these facts.

We believe Allison was innocent - if you believe differently you can always show us how!

Proud of you Liadan. Xxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member