***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Taylor @_JohnTaylor_
Jocelyn Frost said The two partners asked GBC to either leave his wife or his mistress or the business couldn't continue. #badenclay

I think the forensic accountant, and the two former business partners up next into the witness stand will be the thing that makes Gerard the most uncomfortable.. he couldnt give two hoots about autopsy, shaving marks, dog barks, whatever..

But the inferences made by the forensic accountant will go to the heart of Gerards delusion of himself. I do expect the forensic accountant to outline the urgency of Gerards need to a big whack of money immediately, his inability to understand debit and credit, his amateur attempts at cooking the books, his mad juggling propping up this debt with that debt. His house of cards, in other words.

Which brings me to the horrible conclusion. .. that while the rest of Australia was praying and hoping for a live Allison to walk down the street, Gerard, and only Gerard was hoping, day in , day out, every minute, that the body of Allison would be found before his fiscal deadline arrived.. to put it in Gerard terms.. his million dollar payout was lying hidden under the Kholo bridge.. it had to be found to claim the money. He couldnt afford to wait a whole 7 years for a missing person to be declared dead by some finicky coroner down the track.

I often wonder if he actually considered dropping an anonymous tip to the search and rescue blokes. .. and how many times he folded and unfolded the insurance policies while this unbearable wait went on for so long. Of course, he rang them THE DAY after a body was found and before it was identified.. he knew, alright, whos body it was.

Brilliant post.. trooperdoop.

Can anyone remember what date the BC's went away last year - I can't remember if it was before or after Allison was found? And was it confirmed that TM went with them - I know it was discussed but can't remember if it was confirmed.

The lady in the white top I refer to was sitting about three or four seats in from the aisle. She had shoulder length brown hair. I actually saw her move along in the seats this morning before it started until she could see him.

The lady that yelled at him yesterday was sitting - I think - front row, far side. So sort of in the corner. She had a yellow ribbon pinned to her top. Hair pulled up. The whole front row appeared as though they knew each other. Of course this could just be because they have been sitting together the last couple of days.

No, I didn't ask for a witness list sorry. Didn't want to intrude :blushing:

I'm trying to be very careful here...Marly, keep me in line if you have to :) ....

Something else to consider is what was GBC's awareness of Allison's possible depression? Was he aware of her current treatment, did they discuss it, was he in a position to determine her state of mind? And was his assessment of Allison consistent across all contact with police?

All just hypothetical questions to ponder.... :)

I'm going to toe the line with you here and say the following..I've known a few blokes in my time who were control freaks. Anyone of his nature, I think would know EXACTLY what she was up to in terms of all activities, medical or otherwise. I would put a fair wager he would even know the exact contents of her handbag, car etc to a high degree.
As I say I've met a few creeps like this unfortunately and they are far more aware of what their partner is up to than you'd care to believe. I remember being told once that this is because dishonest people think everyone else around them is dishonest.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou

Jocelyn Frost becoming quite agitated when asked exactly what Baden-Clay told her about his intentions with Ms McHugh. #badenclay

The other business partner, Phillip Broom, on now. #badenclay

''We asked him to either leave his wife or leave Toni of we wouldn't continue on'' - Jocelyn Frost. #badenclay

John Taylor @_JohnTaylor_

New witness called. Phillip Broom. Business partner #badenclay

Jocelyn Frost becoming quite agitated when asked exactly what Baden-Clay told her about his intentions with Ms McHugh. #badenclay

This could get quite interesting me thinks!!!

John Taylor‏@_JohnTaylor_

Gerard Baden Clay approached Dr Flegg for loan March 2012. Ms Heath says he was distressed, voice shaky, appeared quite stressed #badenclay

I can hear his voice now....'a little bit hurt but I'll be alright'.

Kinda like that? Shaky, distressed, stressed voice? Take pity on me?

Ohhh paleeeese!

Poor lady (Jocelyn). All she is guilty of is trusting someone who does not deserve to be trusted.

3.26pm: Baden-Clay's former business partner Jocelyn Frost has told the court he owed her $180,000 in April 2012 after he agreed to buy out her share of the "rent side of the business".

He later bought her out of the business for the sum of $1.

She said he had not paid her the $180,000 - but had made some interest payments.

The court heard Ms Frost and another real estate agent Phillip Broom were originally equal partners in Century 21 Westside.

She said she came on board in August 2008, paying $50,000 to buy in.

Ms Frost said she had no idea whether that meant she owned a share in the fixtures, fittings, computers and other incidentals of the business.

''I guess I was very naive and very trustful at the time,'' she said.

Mr Davis asked Ms Frost whether she had ever seen a balance sheet.

''Probably not a true balance sheet, no,'' she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

Who else thinks that the evidence is looking a bit better today? Taking in what we've heard today and putting it together with the past 2 days... I think the defence would not be feeling too confident... maybe they never were.

''There were always reasons why there weren't any ready.''

Ms Frost said the rental side of the business had been valued at $650,000.

In 2011, Baden-Clay agreed to buy her half for $240,000.

She said he was not able to come up with the money so in December 2011, they entered into a new contract where he agreed to buy her share for $200,000.

Baden-Clay paid Ms Frost a deposit of $20,000, the court heard.

The arrangement enabled Baden-Clay six months to come up with the remainder of the money and a further three months if he needed it.

Mr Davis said there was another arrangement in place where if Baden-Clay did not come up with the money after the extension, the rental part of the business would revert back to Ms Frost.

''Unfortunately landlords were leaving a sinking ship,'' she said

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat