***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a brother, and I already KNEW before my sister in law went missing that he was planning to leave her due to an affair with an office employee, and I know that, because Mum and Dad worked IN the office at the time, and discussed it with me.. and that he was gobsmackingly broke, and that my brother held insurance policies on her, and that his business practice was based on fraud and nincompoopery, he already owed our parents $58,000.00 and he had all chunks out of his face, AND a cut on his hand, AND he asked her and Dad to leave the room that morning while he had something secret to tell the police about this affair, I'd be at least a bit discreete and keep my face out of view.

If I had a brother, he calls me in the early morning and tells me his wife is missing. When I got there and seen the injuries discribed today. There would be no way in hell I would think he's innocent. I would defently think he would've had something to do with it. OW is telling porkies IMO.

It may be simply denial!

If I had a brother, and I already KNEW before my sister in law went missing that he was planning to leave her due to an affair with an office employee, and I know that, because Mum and Dad worked IN the office at the time, and discussed it with me.. and that he was gobsmackingly broke, and that my brother held insurance policies on her, and that his business practice was based on fraud and nincompoopery, he already owed our parents $58,000.00 and he had all chunks out of his face, AND a cut on his hand, AND he asked her and Dad to leave the room that morning while he had something secret to tell the police about this affair, I'd be at least a bit discreete and keep my face out of view.

Agreed. No shame in her game!

It appears to me that the defence are trying to discredit the financial motive. If GBC bought Ms Frosts business share for $1 then the debt is cleared. Likewise if an agreement was struck with Mr Broom to walk away with no liability then this debt is also cleared.

Clearly there is alot more to the financial side of this case but I'd chalk these two witnesses up for the defence rather than the prosecution.

In the greater scheme of things it probably won't matter too much as the only way for him to avoid trial is to plead guilty.

Hi Actus, good to have you back. I think from all that I have read today which has been linked is that there were 2 parts to the century 21 business. The sale side and the rent roll. I think that GBC and Jocelyn Frost agreed he would buy her share in the rent roll and $180,000 of that is still owing to her. I think she is saying that GBC bought out her interest in the sale side for $1 and he assumed all liabilities. So if my understanding is correct then this debt of $180,000 is not cleared and is overdue for payment.

I think this is one of the debts he was trying to pay out with monies he was asking Bruce Flegg for and he didn't get. He told Bruce that it was needed to pay out business partners though he wouldn't tell him their names. Jocelyn was one of them.

To be fair, there is a possibility that she may not have known. There is a possibility that her parents may not have discussed it with her. In fact, there is also a possibility that her parents may not have known that the affair was still going on at the time of ABC's disappearance either. Just sayin - there's the possibility. :)

QUOTE: Friends were last year led to believe the relationship had ended but police have been told it was ongoing, helping to explain the repeated interviews of the former staffer. See more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ague-toni-mchugh/story-e6freuy9-1226361120004

The most remarkable thing is the absence of her plea to find the "real killer". What does OW think? GBC is innocent, but has she even considered what else this assumption entails? :waitasec: all she seems to voice is her concerns about a miscarriage of justice...

I would like to know why OW hasn't been in front of the cameras before now pleading for police to leave no stone unturned in their investigations to find Allison's killer. Really and truly! This was Day 3 of the committal hearing, nearly 12 months since Allison's disappearance. Too little too late in my opinion.

there used to be a poster on this webslueths thing that got the newsletter from Olivia's church thingy.. stuff from her, stuff from the Pastor, her husband... in the beginning the congregation was advised not to read the newspapers as they were merely there to blacken Gerards , and by extension , I presume, their good name.. Allison was, yes, missing but.. she was not well. then there was one rather pitiful cry from that church newsletter, from Ian, Mr Olivia , that.. worse was to come.. worse than Allison missing. This epistle was just before Toni sprang up on the front pages of the Courier Mail.

to that poster.. are those newsletters going out still.????? because I wonder if Olivias performances are only for that particular group and nothing to do with the any other reality?

I would like to know why OW hasn't been in front of the cameras before now pleading for police to leave no stone unturned in their investigations to find Allison's killer. Really and truly! This was Day 3 of the committal hearing, nearly 12 months since Allison's disappearance. Too little too late in my opinion.

I really believe a fund raiser plea will be the next thing out of her mouth.

I really believe a fund raiser plea will be the next thing out of her mouth.

Nothing would surprise me. I wonder if the defence team knew in advance about her little "mini press conference"? I personally don't think it has done them any favours whatsoever. The whole clan have been running from the press since day one and today, OW decides to put up the big "we grieve for her" speech. I for one didn't fall for it.

I have 'heard' the business went 'spectacularly south' (love your wording there), after ABC went missing. Real Estate (and a lot of other types of business) has been a lot slower since 2008 than it was prior - but I 'heard' that clients started heading for the woods in droves from GBC's business, once the talk of GBC possibly being responsible for ABC's disappearance got out.

Yes, that's what I was getting at! You worded much better than me! Thanks :)

there used to be a poster on this webslueths thing that got the newsletter from Olivia's church thingy.. stuff from her, stuff from the Pastor, her husband... in the beginning the congregation was advised not to read the newspapers as they were merely there to blacken Gerards , and by extension , I presume, their good name.. Allison was, yes, missing but.. she was not well. then there was one rather pitiful cry from that church newsletter, from Ian, Mr Olivia , that.. worse was to come.. worse than Allison missing. This epistle was just before Toni sprang up on the front pages of the Courier Mail.

to that poster.. are those newsletters going out still.????? because I wonder if Olivias performances are only for that particular group and nothing to do with the any other reality?

Well, that statement was a bit "Me me me me" I thought! So you're probably right.

I just hope to heaven that I am spared the sight of Olivia and Mr Olivia pashing away in their garage... one of those BadenClay experiences was enough for even my hardened cynical squinty eyes.

Nothing would surprise me. I wonder if the defence team knew in advance about her little "mini press conference"? I personally don't think it has done them any favours whatsoever. The whole clan have been running from the press since day one and today, OW decides to put up the big "we grieve for her" speech. I for one didn't fall for it.

I cant see that his team would think it was a good idea, but who knows.

I think it is their way of having a go at the police and media in their typical arrogant fashion.

Too little, too late.... we dont forget that they were a no show while 100's of people who didnt even know Allison were searching and praying for her to be found safe.

I hope the Tax office is onto that Gerard is Innocent fund raiser!!.. a full accounting of every cent raised.

no evidence at all that the entire outfit doesnt have the same degree of fiscal nincompoopery!!

... and that is why she's putting herself out there again. Yep.

The money has to be getting thin esp as she seems to be money wrangler in the family. She probably didnt think they would need the money to go to trial as well but after today might see that things arent going as well as they hoped.

I hope the Tax office is onto that Gerard is Innocent fund raiser!!.. a full accounting of every cent raised.

no evidence at all that the entire outfit doesnt have the same degree of fiscal nincompoopery!!

They will probably get donations via the church to avoid that problem. I cant recall now what account they asked for the donations to last time.

The money has to be getting thin esp as she seems to be money wrangler in the family. She probably didnt think they would need the money to go to trial as well but after today might see that things arent going as well as they hoped.

a flock can only be fleeced twice a year!!

I'll get my hat and coat..

LOLOL.......you would think that would make sense huh.

Just saw OW's desperate "statement"... Bit late to speak up now isn't it????

I wish someone in the media had politely and gently asked her: "Well what do you think happened to Allison, Olivia?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks