***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting the way that human interaction works. Case in point with OW.

'I can't take your questions' she states after her statement - well why not? If she truly wants to clear her brother's name then you do what it takes. You don't make a statement and run for cover - you make a statement and use every availabe resource including the media to help you!!!

I cant see that his team would think it was a good idea, but who knows.

I think it is their way of having a go at the police and media in their typical arrogant fashion.

Too little, too late.... we dont forget that they were a no show while 100's of people who didnt even know Allison were searching and praying for her to be found safe.

MOO Davis et al would be SPEWING
She should stop flapping lips and stick to field signals

I cant see that his team would think it was a good idea, but who knows.

I think it is their way of having a go at the police and media in their typical arrogant fashion.

Too little, too late.... we dont forget that they were a no show while 100's of people who didnt even know Allison were searching and praying for her to be found safe.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any tears even though she was 'upset'. Then she seemed to go strraight into hoping the police make sure they explore every avenue... if there were any tears they got sucked back in pretty fast.

Way too late though... as I've said a zillion times before where was the outcry about finding the real killer? Why weren't the BC's fearful of 'whoever' murdered Allison might come for the girls? If it wasn't GBC, then for all they knew it could have been someone with something against the family. But they never seemed to have any of those fears.
Hell, I'm shocked they didn't produce a ransom note.

I wish someone in the media had politely and gently asked her: "Well what do you think happened to Allison, Olivia?"

At the end of her "mini press conference" she apologised for not being able to answer questions or say more. Why bother in the first place.

Ms Annie if the police did take the razor it sounds like they most certainly didnt give it to the forensic doctors. The first witness this morning Dr Hoskins ( Hoskings ? ) said he had a photo of the razor and he went to the chemist with that photo to buy the same brand.

It is likely that the razor is a Police Exhibit for trial and needs to be kept intact and free from contamination, same as the car that is still impoounded. MOO

Nothing would surprise me. I wonder if the defence team knew in advance about her little "mini press conference"? I personally don't think it has done them any favours whatsoever. The whole clan have been running from the press since day one and today, OW decides to put up the big "we grieve for her" speech. I for one didn't fall for it.

Hmm, the first two days, she was running into the court room at every chance talking to Gerard until she was told not to yesterday, she had to reclaim centre stage somehow!

Hi Actus, good to have you back. I think from all that I have read today which has been linked is that there were 2 parts to the century 21 business. The sale side and the rent roll. I think that GBC and Jocelyn Frost agreed he would buy her share in the rent roll and $180,000 of that is still owing to her. I think she is saying that GBC bought out her interest in the sale side for $1 and he assumed all liabilities. So if my understanding is correct then this debt of $180,000 is not cleared and is overdue for payment.

I think this is one of the debts he was trying to pay out with monies he was asking Bruce Flegg for and he didn't get. He told Bruce that it was needed to pay out business partners though he wouldn't tell him their names. Jocelyn was one of them.

Good point

I think I might part with some money and get copies of what's available publicly. At least then I can stop scratching my head and put some of these tweets etc in context!!

I wish someone in the media had politely and gently asked her: "Well what do you think happened to Allison, Olivia?"

Olivia..... rather grim and a little frown.... ' why, Katie, its perfectly obvious'....

(reporter)... wide eyed and fascinated.....' Olivia, you have the floor, and we could have a scoop!!... '

Olivia......pursed lip..........'...well. it isnt my purpose to give newspapers scoops, but I can tell you, there has been since Daddy's Rhodesian days a group of unchristian thugs who's entire purpose is to ruin Daddy's legacy and Gerards legacy and they.....'

(reporter) ................jawdropped, taking a step backwards........" Legacy?? Niges Legacy?? Gerards Legacy?? Rhodesia?? ....

Olivia........ determined mouth, now... '. yes, as I said, if you wouldnt mind interrupting, yes, Ive seen them on the streets of Brisbane, bushy headed people, slouching, plotting, one was even following me on the plane down from MacKay, I saw him (voice rising ) and let me tell you, Katie, I KNEW immediately that.....'

(reporter) ..............a small murmurr, cutting the mic off... ' yes, thankyou, Olivia.. thankyou. we'll be in touch. ....'.......

Hmm, the first two days, she was running into the court room at every chance talking to Gerard until she was told not to yesterday, she had to reclaim centre stage somehow!

You nailed it, BJS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any tears even though she was 'upset'. Then she seemed to go strraight into hoping the police make sure they explore every avenue... if there were any tears they got sucked back in pretty fast.

Way too late though... as I've said a zillion times before where was the outcry about finding the real killer? Why weren't the BC's fearful of 'whoever' murdered Allison might come for the girls? If it wasn't GBC, then for all they knew it could have been someone with something against the family. But they never seemed to have any of those fears.
Hell, I'm shocked they didn't produce a ransom note.

Everyone loves them of course so no, they wouldn't be fearful or worried, they're popular you know!

Interesting the way that human interaction works. Case in point with OW.

'I can't take your questions' she states after her statement - well why not? If she truly wants to clear her brother's name then you do what it takes. You don't make a statement and run for cover - you make a statement and use every availabe resource including the media to help you!!!

It is very interesting Liaden!! Especially when you look back at when she actually spoke to the media outside court.

Oddly enough it was when the business partner,Phillip Broom, was on the stand & about to come out with, among other things, the following...

But Mr Broom said while on a business trip to Sydney in 2010, Baden-Clay told him of future plans he had with Ms McHugh.

''There was a trip to Sydney where we talked about cars and the need for a bigger car for his three girls and her two boys,'' he said

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

Looking back at all that, I think it was a deliberate attempt to try & distract the media because she knew what the court was about to hear. Out of all the time/opportunities she's had to speak to media,... almost 12 mths, even any time over the last two days, or this morning before court.

Nup..she pre-planned that exact time.

ETA:. She had the speech prepared in a notebook which she was reading from.

Anyone feeling queasy?:

John Taylor @_JohnTaylor_
Gerard Baden-Clay's sister just gave statement to media. She believes her brother is innocent & grieves for her friend Allison. #badenclay

Desperation? Trying too hard? Trying to garner sympathy?

It is very interesting Liaden!! Especially when you look back at when she actually spoke to the media outside court.

Oddly enough it was when the business partner,Phillip Broom, was on the stand & about to come out with, among other things, the following...

But Mr Broom said while on a business trip to Sydney in 2010, Baden-Clay told him of future plans he had with Ms McHugh.

''There was a trip to Sydney where we talked about cars and the need for a bigger car for his three girls and her two boys,'' he said

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

Looking back at all that, I think it was a deliberate attempt to try & distract the media because she knew what the court was about to hear. Out of all the time/opportunities she's had to speak to media,... almost 12 mths, even any time over the last two days, or this morning before court.

Nup..she pre-planned that exact time.

Bloody good point, Marley.

Hi all, I haven't had a chance to read all the pages so far today so I'm sure most of what I have to say has already been mentioned.

First off, before proceedings started this morning OW was allowed into the court room and promptly pulled up a chair and sat next to the defence team, she was very quickly told not to sit there and had to move her chair back near the witness box. She only stayed for a few minutes and left when it was time to start.

Dr Hoskins was very good in his responses to Davis. I understood him to say that the scratches to the left of the larger one on the cheek (as you look at photo) was typically made by a razor, and that the shaving scratches are newer than the broader marks.
The marks on the L lower neck near collarbone could be self inflicted and although they (defence) haven't said as much I got the impression they (defence)are trying to make out that the larger marks on his L upper chest could be made by scratching (caterpillar bite).

Dr Wells was very professional and handled Davis well. Wells said he saw photos of one of Allison's hands and her nails were longer than her fingertips.

Susan Heath, said she agreed to lend GBC a phone which was at some stage given to BC's senior. She spoke to GBC and he asked for a loan from Flegg for 300k, and if he didn't get it he would go broke or bankrupt.

Jocelyn Frost, well she couldn't remember a lot of things. Said she may have been naive and too trusting regarding running of the business, and to me inferred some dishonesty regarding GBC and the business.
When asked why she left the business, she said she gave ultimatum to GBC to either leave your wife or leave Toni or the partnership would not continue.

Phill Broom was doing very well to start with. He told about a conversation he had with GBC about GBC having to get a bigger car for his 3 girls and TM's 2 boys which he said happened in Sydney (he was adamant of this). Davis then refers to the statement, the convo didn't in fact happen in Sydney but somewhere else. Giving the impression of him being non reliable I thought. Davis got stuck into him, and suggested Broom was there to 'sink the boot into GBC', asking him did he like him, to which Broom replied 'I neither like or dislike him', and it went on and on. I noticed as he walked out of the court room he kept him eyes on GBC but I couldn't see what his response was if there was any at all.

As for OW's statement today I think it's too little too late and what is the reason for saying it now. Maybe things aren't going to well and she needs to gather support.

I really enjoyed attending the commital and will definitely be attending the trial.

Sorry for the long post

the business partners,, ...correction, former business partners brief description of life in the 21st century franchise in those whirling days up to April 2012, were ever going to be a horrid thing for Gerard and, I think, Olivia to have anyone else hear...it chipped away at the facade, it tarnished the yellowjacket, it nibbled at the whole panoply of previous claims of Gerards astute and rather brilliant unique business acumen.

Jocelyn and Phillip painted a picture of such buffoonery, such indescribable charlatanry, such day by day nonsense and stickiness and mad and inexplicable movements, insane plans, outcries, wild imaginings, crazed decisions, endless endless leakages of money, information, tattletale telling, whispering, whizzing here and there, SriLanka, Sydney, Noosa, China, book cookery, dodginess, drama drama drama, operatic scenarios, a mixture of Carmen and La Boheme, Gerard, Nige, Elaine, Toni, Jocelyn, Phillip, minor staff, a cast of hundreds, all flitting hither and yon, clients, conferences, launches, vanity plates given and taken back, meetings, meetings, meetings.... hirings, firings, flaps, flounces and follies,

not exactly a smoothly running operation, really.....

At the end of her "mini press conference" she apologised for not being able to answer questions or say more. Why bother in the first place.
She's preeching to the public. It's one way you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans