***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatif - where you were sitting in court could you see the lady in the front 'relatives row ' who was glaring at GBC ? Sorry to harp on about this but it really made quite an impression on me. I can't stop thinking about her.

Hi WWGU, I was sitting in the third row directly behind her ,yes I did notice her and her husband looking at him. I intentionally sat there so I could see him but he must have been sitting so far into the corner that I could only get an occasional glimpse of him where I was. They were family, I heard one of them telling some ladies to move because that row was for family.

If OW does genuinely believe her brother is innocent, I wonder who she thinks did it or she just doesn't ever want to think about that because she wouldn't like what she comes up with.

Going on today's OW "mini press performance" she believes the QPS have not done their job properly and there could be a miscarriage of justice i.e. her brother is innocent of all charges and the real perpetrator is still at large.

Folks, once again a reminder to discuss the case not other members...this is not allowed on WS.

Hi WWGU, I was sitting in the third row directly behind her ,yes I did notice her and her husband looking at him. I intentionally sat there so I could see him but he must have been sitting so far into the corner that I could only get an occasional glimpse of him where I was. They were family, I heard one of them telling some ladies to move because that row was for family.

Hopefully, Whatif, they were from Allisons side of the family?

I was thinking about how this must be for her daughters. As much as they might be sheltered from seeing the news etc about their father, the kids at school would hear about it. It must be hard in so many ways.

If I were her parents I would be seething at the very thought that he won't confess. It's the very least he could do. Let his girls inherit the money when they're old enough. If he did end up getting his hands on it you can guarantee there'd be nothing left for them. He probably wouldn't even pay off all of his debts.

It was very out of the blue, wasn't it? Did she really think ALL of the press would follow her out there and there'd be none left in the court room to report her brothers deeds? lol

I wonder if they've hired "media advisors" to get through this?

the business had a couple of good years, WHERE did all the money go to?? partners not paid, staff not paid, commisions not paid, rental not paid..dodgy accounting sheets... Nige and Elaines payments kept secret from the partners, due to their 'privacy'...

where DID that money go to?

Trying to catch up here so sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Could that money be what is funding his fancy legal team. He could have stashed it with someone he trusted and they wouldnt give him access to it for daily living e.g. bills etc but now they have to use it to pay legal fees?

it is just a thought. as you can tell I have no idea

It was very out of the blue, wasn't it? Did she really think ALL of the press would follow her out there and there'd be none left in the court room to report her brothers deeds? lol

wonder if she got paid for that interview...she obviously had notes written as you could see her look down at times...I think Marlywings was very right in what she said.

Oh, I am wondering from those of you who have been into the court... In your opinion as objectively as you can, how does it look for GBC? Do you think from what you've seen so far he'll be sent to trial?

After monday's session I wasn't very confident, but after today on the evidence and information that we know of I would say yes he will go to trial. Will there be a conviction? I'm not so sure.

What surprises me is that GBC wanted to enter politics. I'm surprised, given his history and supposed flings. Not a great candidate in my eyes, particularly given how politicians and their private lives are scrutinised so much nowadays.

Perhaps because he's good at lying so much?

(Not saying all politicians lie, just some - especially when it comes to pre-election promises!)

After monday's session I wasn't very confident, but after today on the evidence and information that we know of I would say yes he will go to trial. Will there be a conviction? I'm not so sure.

Snap, Whatif!

Off-topic: @abcnews: After two days of deliberations, Jayant Patel found not guilty in his manslaughter trial in Brisbane #breaking

WELL Davis effed that one up big time!!! What a disgrace IMO

Hopefully, Whatif, they were from Allisons side of the family?

I couldn't say for certain, but I'm fairly sure they were, although twice I saw one of the ladies wave at GBC as he was coming into the dock. There was no obvious response from him that I could see. If he saw her he didn't let on. This is the same lady who asked the others to move.

OW comments:

"What has been overlooked by the media in this terrible tragedy is that Allison was my friend, she was my sister-in-law and I love her.

"My family and I miss her and we grieve for her on a daily basis.

I understand OW and family may not have been able to search for Allison back in April last year (or so I've read) but does anyone know if they ever went to Kholo Creek to see her final resting place; to lay flowers for Allison, to see where the sicko who did this to Allison put her?

If someone I loved had been murdered I would do these things.

I have been in a caring and loving relationship for 8+ years. Most of our emails/texts start off with affection (e.g. GMD = Good Morning Darling). Most of our messages are ended with another form of affection such as *advertiser censored* , or, xox. My partner and I have probably been very consistent with this on-going type of display of affection over the 8 years of our relationship. It will be very interesting to discover if the txt exchanges from GBC to ABC are consistant in the affection he displayed in the two txt messages that have reached MSM on the morning of her disappearance. That to me, would be very telling.

maybe he ended his texts to TM with.... love GB :floorlaugh:

I have 'heard' the business went 'spectacularly south' (love your wording there), after ABC went missing. Real Estate (and a lot of other types of business) has been a lot slower since 2008 than it was prior - but I 'heard' that clients started heading for the woods in droves from GBC's business, once the talk of GBC possibly being responsible for ABC's disappearance got out.

And remember the business moved to Toowong Tower before GBC was arrested? What was he thinking?!

WELL Davis effed that one up big time!!! What a disgrace IMO

Having read a fair bit of the evidence, there were enough elements of doubt about the cause of the man's death in this case, to warrant this jury verdict. The jury found on the evidence presented, regardless of the accused Counsel's assertions in representation. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie