Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice that the shower is NOT running in the last pic of Travis sitting in the shower, while the shower IS raining down in all other photos. Jodi said that this photo (sitting) was accidental/inadvertant. Why would anyone sit in a shower that is not running? Was Travis possibly under gunpoint and negotiating for his life?

I have mixed feelings about this. It does appear to be inefficient in the sense that we do not have full days of testimony and do not have a full week of testimony at a time. That is frustrating and seems like it could be managed better.

However, I understand why the judge cannot start until 10:00 -- she has other matters she had to attend to before the trial day starts. There has to be a lunch and afternoon recess for the jurors -- some are smokers and you have to give them a chance to get a snack, go to the bathroom and check in with family, etc. then they have to end the day by 4:30 so Jodi can meet with her lawyers and get back to jail by dinner time. So I don't really see any practical way they could extend the trial days unless all jurors got together and asked to skip the afternoon recess or have a shorter lunch.

I am not sure why they don't have trial days on Fridays. It might be because Fridays are administrative days or some other reason. I've also seen some judges hold trial on weekends to move things along. But I think Maricopa county does not have the budget to pay court personnel overtime, so that is probably not an option.

The fact that the trial is taking months does not mean its costing the taxpayers any more -- the salaries for the judge, the county attorney's office and court personnel are going to be paid, irrespective of whether they are in court for this case or a different case.

Thank you so much. The only thing I would add is that Nurmi and Wilmott are billing by the hour....$225/hr x2 = $30,000/mo and it the days were more productive maybe they could shorten the # of days needed to complete the trial and eliminate some of that time billed.

When asking about her prior testimony, and she denies she said something, can JM produce a court transcript as he's questioning her?

When asking about her prior testimony, and she denies she said something, can JM produce a court transcript as he's questioning her?

Yes, if it was from a prior day's testimony and he has the transcript. He did that a couple of times during his first day or two of cross-exam.

Thank you so much. The only thing I would add is that Nurmi and Wilmott are billing by the hour....$225/hr x2 = $30,000/mo and it the days were more productive maybe they could shorten the # of days needed to complete the trial and eliminate some of that time billed.

Nurmi is getting paid by the hour only because he left the public defender's office, but Wilmott may be part of the public defender's office -- in which case, she makes a salary, and it doesn't really matter how many hours she has into this.

If the prosecution finds new evidence/witnesses based on the testimony of the defendant, what is the procedure for getting them admitted for trial in the rebuttal phase ?
Sorry for reposting this, can someone please answer as rebuttal is coming up soon ?

Did anyone notice that the shower is NOT running in the last pic of Travis sitting in the shower, while the shower IS raining down in all other photos. Jodi said that this photo (sitting) was accidental/inadvertant. Why would anyone sit in a shower that is not running? Was Travis possibly under gunpoint and negotiating for his life?

I do believe that picture is was the beginning of the end. He looks pretty scared in that picture. I believe he was under gunpoint.

I have absolutely no sympathy for JA. NONE!!!!!!!!! Travis just did not deserve this. My hearts truly breaks for him.

I have a question that someone asked before. I haven't seen an answer. Since JM has brought up the name of MM several times, taunting Jodi about her saying MM would not betray her, is it possible that he will call MM in rebuttal?

Nurmi is getting paid by the hour only because he left the public defender's office, but Wilmott may be part of the public defender's office -- in which case, she makes a salary, and it doesn't really matter how many hours she has into this.

******Zeno49 posted in an earlier closed thread: Nurmi and Wilmott are not BLIND.
They both know how to invoice the state of Arizona for $250/hour for their time. Each is billing Arizona to the tune of $2500/day OR well over $40,000 per month.

Do you see the logic of this madness?
******Copied Post 1386 in thread 100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #77*******

This above post is why I thought Wilmott was billing per/hr. Thanks for the clarification!!:tyou:

By the way, I really appreciate the people coming forth that have true life stories about abusive behavior. The educational value is very valuable, just sorry to here about the circumstances you share with us.

thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't noticed that...another thing about the photos I was wondering has to do with the photo with her foot and pant leg...it seems obvious from the blood stains on the carpet that the throat was cut at the end of that hallway, in the bedroom, but I thought it had been established that due to lighting in that photo that it was taken (inadvertently) in the bathroom, not that hallway, maybe after she already dragged him and I thought it was maybe right before she hoisted him into the shower stall...to me this speaks to perhaps the camera moved from the original dropped area

legal question-can Juan replay portions of the trial tape for the experts to show Jodi's combativeness and snarkiness and defiance with him and ask if that's typical behavior of a victim of DV?

legal question-can Juan replay portions of the trial tape for the experts to show Jodi's combativeness and snarkiness and defiance with him and ask if that's typical behavior of a victim of DV?

I don't believe so

******Zeno49 posted in an earlier closed thread: Nurmi and Wilmott are not BLIND.
They both know how to invoice the state of Arizona for $250/hour for their time. Each is billing Arizona to the tune of $2500/day OR well over $40,000 per month.

Do you see the logic of this madness?
******Copied Post 1386 in thread 100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #77*******

This above post is why I thought Wilmott was billing per/hr. Thanks for the clarification!!:tyou:

That may be correct - I really don't know if she is in private practice or part of the public defender's office.

Can the Bishop be called to testify of what Travis told him if the family gives permission?

Why has there been such a firm stance by the defense to not show the more graphic autopsy photos of TA's injuries to his back & the cut on his neck?

Aside from when the medical examiner was testifying, any other time Juan has attempted to show them the defense team objects, followed by going into sidebar, and Juan isn't allowed to show them.

I realize they are extremely graphic, but this is what JA did to TA.

Also, will the jury be able to see the photos during their deliberation if they ask for them?

Why has there been such a firm stance by the defense to not show the more graphic autopsy photos of TA's injuries to his back & the cut on his neck?

Aside from when the medical examiner was testifying, any other time Juan has attempted to show them the defense team objects, followed by going into sidebar, and Juan isn't allowed to show them.

I realize they are extremely graphic, but this is what JA did to TA.

Also, will the jury be able to see the photos during their deliberation if they ask for them?

The defense wants to keep them from being shown because it makes the brutality of the killing very real and tends to reveal the absence of self defense on Jodi's part.

Yes the jury will have all of the photos with them in deliberations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname