trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Juan still bring up the gifts and cards to prove his lack of bias?
And Samuels, himself said she was depressed when he was on direct. Wow this DT is really trying my patience and sense of ethics.

was she shaking when she dragged Travis down the hall as he was bleeding and trying to get away?

It might not have been visible, but yes, shaking. Plus she's lost memories of cutting him over and over with a knife.

Dear Diary, I don't know what it is, can't put my finger on it, but there's something off with that girl.

this trial somehow reminds me of an episode of "BIG BROTHER"
we watch from afar and see how each person in the room tries to win at any cost.
Shaking? I do not care if she shakes..
I care that she admitted killing Travis,plus if this happened first or that the end result was he was brutally murdered.
Her shaking is silly as far as I am concerned. He must have just been so afraid when she turned into a monster right before his eyes..

also the PED scene she speaks of paper landed at her feet with a boy in Spiderman undies? No..it was a catalog that he was looking at to order her some Spiderman panties. she lies so bad..

The shaking thing is laughable - Ms. Arias says she shakes like a little dog, they shake all over. This guy says he noticed some hand tremors, not very noticable when the hand is down. Now I have seen those little dogs shake and it sure isn't just their little paws that shake. Freaking laughable. :D

I'm noticing judge's eyes seem to have dark circles underneath them.

She must need a swig... I would being in her shoes and I don't even drink!

I don't get the sense that she is pro-defense, but I do feel like she is in over her head. She just seems so "wishy washy" to me. Other trials that I've watched, I've always kind of understood why objections were sustained or over-ruled, but with her, I can't make sense of a lot of it. If you feel comfortable stating your opinion, what do you think about this judge?

OK LET'S NOT ALL PANIC :panic:

Remember we have Janine in house today... she's going to be able to tell us the body language of the Jurors & how this is being "accepted" in the courtroom...

I have a feeling Mr Dr Up to No Good is going to spill the beans make an errant reference somewhere like his comments on "stories" & "acting" etc.

Trust me even if this is DT is playing games..
SHE ADMITTED TO KILLING HIM
SHE ADMITTED TO LYING TO EVERYONE UNDER GOD'S GREEN EARTH (I'm sure Doc too!)
EVERYONE HATES HER & DONE WITH THIS CHIT!!!

Let's see what the Juror questions for old Doc are.. remember what JA got "Ms Arias what's your definition of a *advertiser censored*?"

So the good doctor was hired to make an evaluation of the defendant but he crossed the line and provided treatment (for her depression). Juan is making the argument that it Dr Samuels got personally involved with JA (he sent her cards!) and his testimony is biased. Hell yes it is!
I think Det Flores is the only man she didn't schmoose in all of this. He knew he was talking to a psychopathic killer. That must have sucked for her. I don't think Nurmi cares much for her either and obviously Juan can't stand her but just about everyone else fell for her.

Can't see trial today. After reading comments, is there a way to get another judge, have the judge recalled, anything? I haven't been a fan of hers since day one. She must be buddies with Wilmott.

Don't tell me a wanna be murderer watching this trial is not encouraged to murder someone! Life is pretty fabulous post-murder. Get rid of whomever you want before anything else. Spend a few years in jail (that's the crummy part), be portrayed as the victim during the trial, slander the murdered individual to your heart's content, then get off with an acquittal, go write a book or something, get millions, then go life on some island and get on with life in style thanks to your newly acquired wealth.

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but I have an opinion about the judge:

Could it be that she really believes that JA is guilty? Of course she could never let anybody know, but if she believes that the case is SO strong that it can't be lost, then mightn't she allow a BUNCH of latitude to the defense to prevent the conviction from being overturned on appeal? Just sayin'

I don't see the Judge being pro either side. She's more anti mistrial or overturned verdict.

~~IMO~~

Thanks Websurfer for mentioning BigBrother and making me remember this other wacko!! :lol:

v6lBu.gif

I don't get the sense that she is pro-defense, but I do feel like she is in over her head. She just seems so "wishy washy" to me. Other trials that I've watched, I've always kind of understood why objections were sustained or over-ruled, but with her, I can't make sense of a lot of it. If you feel comfortable stating your opinion, what do you think about this judge?

I agree. Her sustained's and overruled's seem erratic. They are not consistent. One minute she will overrule something, but the next sustain it when the objection is basically along the same lines. I don't think she is pro defense (doesn't seem that way at all. She seems noticeably frustrated with them) and I am not an attorney so I won't grade her or anything. But it can be irritating.

i need to step outside for a smoke or 10!

this judge is a joke!!!!!!

how can she not see that sending her gifts/cards is bias and relevent to the witness's credibility :banghead:

Me too and I don't even smoke. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member