Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the (many) tweets I've read:

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue #Magnotta stared at ground and cupped left hand to mouth while watching a video during murder trial. Then collapsed. #Lin

I think there's some confusion over mentioning the video, as that would be evidence under the pub ban. Some reporters have said "while hearing certain evidence" and others have come right out and said "while watching the infamous video"

Check out the #Magnotta tweets in the past hour, it's interesting.

Do you have the Twitter links for this?

PS. And now you all know why I refuse to watch the video!! :facepalm:

So did I. Just couldn't do it. Here was a couple tweets from earlier that kind of hit home:

Mike Armstrong @ArmstrongGN
If you're having a bad day, just be thankful you're not sitting in on the #Magnotta preliminary hearing. Just take my word for it.

and

Mike Armstrong @ArmstrongGN
I now have a new low point in my 18 years of covering court. #Magnotta

.... and one that cracked me up for some reason

wtf ‏@flr666 I wonder if the reporters covering the #Magnotta trial have trouble deciding where to go for lunch.

The media people who are not respecting the ban could find themselves kicked out of the court. They'd better watch the tweeting!!

Although, maybe they decided to tweet rather than keep their eyes on the video!! :facepalm:

Oh, I love that one tweet - "Maudite Drama Queen".

Translation for non- French speakers: "Da^@ed Drama Queen".

This whole thing concerns me greatly. IF he's faking and IF he goes to hospital, LE had better be ever-present. If this dumb fool escapes, I'll be ready to jump right into Niagara Falls! :bang:

I'm thinking of the escape via stolen helicopter at St-Jerome!!

:twocents:

The media people who are not respecting the ban could find themselves kicked out of the court. They'd better watch the tweeting!!

Although, maybe they decided to tweet rather than keep their eyes on the video!! :facepalm:

I know, I was thinking that too. Some aren't even doing it intentionally, they mention the video and say the contents of the video can't be disclosed under the pub ban. But the video itself being evidence is what's not supposed to be reported.

Oh, I love that one tweet - "Maudite Drama Queen".

Translation for non- French speakers: "Da^@ed Drama Queen".

This whole thing concerns me greatly. IF he's faking and IF he goes to hospital, LE had better be ever-present. If this dumb fool escapes, I'll be ready to jump right into Niagara Falls! :bang:

I'm thinking of the escape via stolen helicopter at St-Jerome!!

I'm thinking it's more for theatrics than anything. It would support his "not guilty" plea if it appeared this was the first time he'd seen the video and was mortified by it.

And the Oscar goes to......

I'm also certain it's more drama from him. I'm at the point where I think pretty much everything he does is for drama.

But.......if his dramatic behaviour works and he's found 'not guilty' (for whatever reason) I swear, I'll freak right out! :facepalm:

Did he go to hospital or don't we know yet?

I'm also certain it's more drama from him. I'm at the point where I think pretty much everything he does is for drama.

But.......if his dramatic behaviour works and he's found 'not guilty' (for whatever reason) I swear, I'll freak right out! :facepalm:

This is why I don't understand why they didn't go for an insanity defence. I expect them to say he was off his meds and it was like someone else was committing the crime, in which case he would be emotional when viewing the video. At this point can they say, "This guy is clearly nuts so let's skip a trial and toss him in the looney bin"?

Saw a tweet he needed "rest and medication", though not sure the source that came from.

Thinking the defense is setting the stage for a NRC case.

There's a real strange psychology with that video, because you don't see the murder, you don't see blood, and it's dark and grainy and he goes about things in a very matter of fact manner, yet it sticks with you and is quite disturbing. And the more you learn about Luka the more disturbing it becomes. There is MUCH worse on Best Gore, yet this one seems to screw up the psyche the most. Trust me, this is coming from a veteran of gore and macabre.

He had been bled out by that point right? Did anyone else read earlier back about the unedited version of the video they recovered from his hard drive? I wonder if that's what they showed today, and if that showed the point where Jun Lin actually died, AND Luka's face. That might explain him fainting, if he didn't realize they were in possession of that, since it was recovered after he was taken into custody.

Except I don't know if that's true or not... I can't recall where I read it. And if that was made public, would that not now become inadmissible under the publication ban?

This is why I don't understand why they didn't go for an insanity defence. I expect them to say he was off his meds and it was like someone else was committing the crime, in which case he would be emotional when viewing the video. At this point can they say, "This guy is clearly nuts so let's skip a trial and toss him in the looney bin"?

They may yet, the defense hasn't really played their hand yet.. though I think they're setting the stage nicely.

Given Luka's long and prolific online presence I would think a NCR defense would be a hard sell. That would only fly if they could convince the jury it was not premeditated.

I think (not certain) that at this point they can do just about anything. That's the purpose of the prelim trial.

Thanks everyone for the updates. I am also convinced that he faked it... He has watched his video many times, he even edited it. Bet he wants to play out the innocent poor boy card... Did he actually faint or just fall down?
Does anyone know if Jun Lins father was there today?
EDIT: Nevermind, I just read in an article that he was not there.

Was there. He fell to the ground (frumpily and unconvincing) and "appeared" to be unconscious. Of course this is my conjecture and I absolutely will not comment on ANY evidence that was being presented at the time. I'm an actor and have seen some bad performances in my day but this was by far the worst; pathetic. :what:

to the point of PASSING OUT unconscious? Sorry, it was pure dramatics IMO.

Oh I didn't know he "passed out unconscious". I thought he was acting sick and 'collapsed' but not passed out. I'm also very sure it was dramatics.

I had news on not long ago .. and pretty sure his attorneys said he is going to be OK .. (if i am not mistaken)

I had news on not long ago .. and pretty sure his attorneys said he is going to be OK .. (if i am not mistaken)

He better be okay. He needs to stand trial and fry like a real man, not a sniveling pile of dung lying in the fetal position on a courtroom floor.

Unfortunately I have a feeling the theatrical stage has been set, and it's only going to get better from here.

He better be okay. He needs to stand trial and fry like a real man, not a sniveling pile of dung lying in the fetal position on a courtroom floor.

Unfortunately I have a feeling the theatrical stage has been set, and it's only going to get better from here.
They don't fry 'em in Canada, here, however...

EDIT: Opps... I see you are in Canada also :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members