trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me, but since JM finished handing the "Dr." his @ss on a platter, his testimony is pointless, useless, a waste of time, money and breath. After all the boo-boos, typos, left my notes at home, don't have the original test that goes with the answers, test scoring gaffaws...( I could go on )....his words are meaningless and laughable to me.

It's so early but.....this is the post of the day! :rocker:

I truly think JM has been masterfully setting up his rebuttal case. When HIS expert gets on the stand, we will hear about the investigatory process she went through, interviews she conducted, etc. to arrive at her conclusions. In other words, what Dr. Speculation should have done.

Just because he's off the stand doesn't mean the arrows to his reputation will stop coming. He will look 10X worse when the jurors hear from a true expert witness about Jodi Arias, the tests that were given, the testing "procedures" and the false conclusions reached. :twocents:

... and they are expecting it. Hence Wilmott and Samuels' dig about anyone who says his method of testing was incorrect would be "irresponsible".

Sleaze bags!

Just wanted you to know that you are not alone with your mixed feelings about DP vs LWOP. I understand what you are trying to say. I think a lot of members are passionate about this because they have suffered a personal loss to violence which I haven't.

I don't think I would be able to be on a DP jury because of how I feel. It is not that I feel sorry for murderers, monsters are monsters and deserve punishment. Its just my personal belief.

I have mixed feelings too. They don't have the death penalty in Canada. I used to think that LWOP was a good alternative, but with JA, this is where I want the DP. I asked a question about it on the legal thread, but didn't get a reply. If JA gets LWOP, it is my understanding that she'll be able to do her sociopath thing with (on) the other prisoners, eat in the cafeteria, work and take classes. She'll be out of her cell for several hours a day, doing her thing. She won't mind that at all. I'm sure she'll be on her best behavior and get all the privileges that come with that.

That's why I want the death penalty. She should sit her her cell for the majority of her time, able to manipulate no-one. Sorry if this sounds vindictive, but IMO, she doesn't deserve pity. If I'm wrong about LWOP, please let me know.

I know I'm always gushing about JM but I just find his life thus far to be a remarkable one. His Mexican parents were illiterate. The little Mexican boy had to learn English after moving to the U.S. He has accomplished so much. He is so talented and successful. And to think that he's using his God-given gifts for a righteous cause? That just blows me away.

JM is Travis' fiery angel. Go JM!

I think part of the purpose of the DV expert will to explain the 'seemingly' heinous nature of the murder. That after years of abuse it is not uncommon for a battered woman (who had just defended herself after one last instance of domestic abuse) to emotionally exorcise the years of torment on her abuser in such a manner.

I don't agree with it for a second, but it is what I am expecting to hear.

The DV expert is going to be more entertaining than the PTSD expert! There is not one shred of evidence that JA was battered or abused. JA's offhand remark to Det. Flores on the first interview was very revealing. When he asked her if Travis owned a gun...she replied that he had no weapons, only his FISTS! The seeds of DV were planted. She thought she was sooo clever!

If TA beat her up, choked her, etc., why were there no photos??? She never left home without her camera! Why did she move 1000 miles to be near her 'abuser'? Why didn't she file a police report and get a restraining order? Why did she move back to Mesa after they broke up? Why, why, why??? Instead of slashing tires and stalking TA's girlfriends, why didn't she warn them that he was violent? Or that he was a pedophile? Why didn't she warn David and Sky Hughes that TA was a pedophile when he was baby-sitting their children? But more importantly, why didn't she simply move back to Yreka, change her phone # and internet passwords, get a restraining order, if necessary, and tell TA to get lost???

If I were the DV expert, I would seriously consider calling in sick due to the "Juan Flu'!!!!

I truly think JM has been masterfully setting up his rebuttal case. When HIS expert gets on the stand, we will hear about the investigatory process she went through, interviews she conducted, etc. to arrive at her conclusions. In other words, what Dr. Speculation should have done.

Just because he's off the stand doesn't mean the arrows to his reputation will stop coming. He will look 10X worse when the jurors hear from a true expert witness about Jodi Arias, the tests that were given, the testing "procedures" and the false conclusions reached. :twocents:

I hope the state uses a female evaluator rather than a male! hahahahhaha
Than will take the steam out of Miss Jodi's manipulation. :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Just for the record I think:
1. Jodi was kicked out by Travis at 5pm-sh.
2. She was wearing yoga pants and threw on a hoodie (sweater) and snuck back in. I know it is hot in PHX, this is not the point. She needed to "cover up" her arms, legs, neck etc. from blood, and her hair hidden so she goes unnoticed like a "ninja".
3. The roommates were clueless, just listen to the 911 call again. I've lived with men, they only know something is "off" but usually just don't care. The one spent time his time in his room when he was home.
IMOO

I think in closing arguments JM should play the tape of JA and Flores with her saying something to the effect that whoever did this to Travis deserved the DP and also when she said she would have been more humane if she was going to do this to him. Than play the other one that says no jury will convict me.

I know I'm always gushing about JM but I just find his life thus far to be a remarkable one. His Mexican parents were illiterate. The little Mexican boy had to learn English after moving to the U.S. He has accomplished so much. He is so talented and successful. And to think that he's using his God-given gifts for a righteous cause? That just blows me away.

Thanks for that info rose. I was wondering his background but have never looked it up.

I really am trying hard not to get as involved as I did in the Casey Anthony trial which is easier as I am not able to watch all the trial like I did with that one. This trial sucks you in yes and I do hope this jury does not let me down.

I have mixed feelings too. They don't have the death penalty in Canada. I used to think that LWOP was a good alternative, but with JA, this is where I want the DP. I asked a question about it on the legal thread, but didn't get a reply. If JA gets LWOP, it is my understanding that she'll be able to do her sociopath thing with (on) the other prisoners, eat in the cafeteria, work and take classes. She'll be out of her cell for several hours a day, doing her thing. She won't mind that at all. I'm sure she'll be on her best behavior and get all the privileges that come with that.

That's why I want the death penalty. She should sit her her cell for the majority of her time, able to manipulate no-one. Sorry if this sounds vindictive, but IMO, she doesn't deserve pity. If I'm wrong about LWOP, please let me know.

I agree. Also, please tell me that the jury will know that just b/c they choose M1 that she doesn't HAVE to get the DP. Isn't that right? I feel like that is why CA didn't get convicted b/c the jury didn't understand that it didn't necessarily mean death. Am I off on this?

And there was that time that she stood up to Bobbi about her family and he choked her. I think Jodi picked out men who were not assertive and Travis was very laid back but I do believe he was assertive as he appears in his email to her. She loved him for that and hated him for that also. jmo

Isn't it strange that she always has to defend her family? TA sent her that text saying he was going to disclose all to her family, Bobbi was maligning her family. She must tell a lot of lies about her family.

No wonder the mom and aunt are not into acting demur and worried. They have lived a lifetime with the lies. They are totally desensitized.

Kelly

This is virtually the only thing I'm going to give the "doctor" a pass on. I don't think men really distinguish that much between shirt/sweater/top/blouse.

If he had lived in AZ his whole life I'd give him a pass. He was in NJ for a long time and has to know the difference. JMO

This so called DR doesn't purchase the actual test...just photo copies question and answer sheet, and reuses and reuses....mmmmm....you KNOW he is charging
the state for the amount of the FULL test....materials included!!! mmmm

Somebody should investigate this guy...they should check and verify everything he submits for payment to anyone he works with...

What a slimy creepy bloody Bast***...

Travis was very assertive in this text to JA. This text haunts me...

That is usually what happens in domestic violence situations. The victim will finally reach their limit of what they can tolerate. There will come a point in time when they have had enough of the abuse then have the courage to make a strong stand against their abuser.

And sadly we have seen many times it can wind up with the victim losing their lives just like Travis lost his when he flat out told her he had had enough of her abuse and psychotic ways.:(

IMO

And I love the way he pronounces Arias:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members