TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, that's also one of the most complete "timeline of events" that i've read in a single article. i think that's a good article to use as a jumping off point for the other stories and additions we've heard from various sources.

It is pretty complete, but I just don't understand why it doesn't mention the silhouettes in the garage. In the JVM interview he "I was asleep in my bedroom and I was awoken by the sounds of our house dog barking.". Then he says "I saw the silhouette of two people in our garage. At the time I had no idea who either one of the people were. And then come to realize later that that was my sister and her abductor."

That i huge, why was that not included in this interview? I know this has been talked about before. I know we don't know the answer. It's just so frustrating because we have not been given all the facts.

The problem is the story has been parsed out over a two year span with no attempt by anyone to ever really clarify anything, go back over odd details or hazy areas, etc. One tidbit appears here, one there, etc. And what is missing is a lot of what strings it all together in any sort of a coherent fashion

It is pretty complete, but I just don't understand why it doesn't mention the silhouettes in the garage. In the JVM interview he "I was asleep in my bedroom and I was awoken by the sounds of our house dog barking.". Then he says "I saw the silhouette of two people in our garage. At the time I had no idea who either one of the people were. And then come to realize later that that was my sister and her abductor."

That i huge, why was that not included in this interview? I know this has been talked about before. I know we don't know the answer. It's just so frustrating because we have not been given all the facts.

i've maintained (and still believe) that cb has trouble being interviewed. i think he gets nervous (understandably) and has trouble keeping his thoughts in order. as i read over the various interviews and tidbits of info from msm i never see anything contradictory, i simply see a lot of 80% stories. you have to read three or four interviews to get what feels like the complete story of what happened that morning. even after two years we're still getting new information (the dog wagging and following them, the treehouse, the washed car, etc). i'm sure the search for her could have initially been more effective if there was someone in the family who could, in one interview, state "this is the complete timeline of that morning" and then answer any questions. it's not going to happen so we have to live with the piecemeal information we have.

no matter what the details i think it's inarguable that she spoke with her friend on the phone that morning between 7:15 and 7:30. i also think it's been pretty well stated that le arrived on the scene right around 8:00. i also think it's pretty solid that a scream was heard around 7:40 which coincides with the time cb states he noticed people/noises/movement. i say the perp had about 20 minutes to work and get out of the area. it's simply amazing to me that with that tight window of time we still have no idea what happened two years later. if he didn't take her with him then she remains within twenty minutes of her house and hasn't been found. if he did take her then he was incredibly lucky to have gotten away.

my point is that it's frustrating to not know all of the details but i think what we do know is more important than what we don't.

i've maintained (and still believe) that cb has trouble being interviewed. i think he gets nervous (understandably) and has trouble keeping his thoughts in order. as i read over the various interviews and tidbits of info from msm i never see anything contradictory, i simply see a lot of 80% stories. you have to read three or four interviews to get what feels like the complete story of what happened that morning. even after two years we're still getting new information (the dog wagging and following them, the treehouse, the washed car, etc). i'm sure the search for her could have initially been more effective if there was someone in the family who could, in one interview, state "this is the complete timeline of that morning" and then answer any questions. it's not going to happen so we have to live with the piecemeal information we have.

no matter what the details i think it's inarguable that she spoke with her friend on the phone that morning between 7:15 and 7:30. i also think it's been pretty well stated that le arrived on the scene right around 8:00. i also think it's pretty solid that a scream was heard around 7:40 which coincides with the time cb states he noticed people/noises/movement. i say the perp had about 20 minutes to work and get out of the area. it's simply amazing to me that with that tight window of time we still have no idea what happened two years later. if he didn't take her with him then she remains within twenty minutes of her house and hasn't been found. if he did take her then he was incredibly lucky to have gotten away.

my point is that it's frustrating to not know all of the details but i think what we do know is more important than what we don't.

Your post is well stated.

In the timeline of tragic events that morning ...some here at Websleuths have made a type 'of leap of faith' ....the act of believing in or accepting something intangible or unprovable, or without empirical evidence.

In reading & rereading the 30 something threads there has also been a certain amount of frustration & skepticism by many here,who question the piecemeal and sometimes contradictory timeline of the events that morning. And there are still many more here who share a healthy portion of both acceptance (all be it ~reluctant) and skepticism.

Not to put too fine of a point on it ...but it comes down to whether or not you can make a 'leap' of faith which veers more toward 'accepting' the unprovable about this case or wheither you veer toward skepticism and doubt.

I continue to hope 'fresh eyes' rereading these threads will discovery some thing which has has been missed. Just my opinion.

Fortunately parts of the time line like the beginning and the end are corroborated by people beside Clint. It seems the scream, heard by the neighbor, happened at the start of the event. And, towards the end, the neighbor, and law enforcement, arrived at the House.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/21563248/woman-found-murdered-near-cave

Woman found murdered near rock quarry

MANCHESTER, TN (WSMV) -
A woman's body was found near an old rock quarry in Coffee County on Saturday afternoon, according to investigators.

Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said the remains were found around 1 p.m. in the 400 block of Summitville Road in Manchester.

According to a TBI spokesperson, the victim's remains were partially burned.

The woman has not yet been positively identified.

The TBI said the body will be sent to Nashville for an autopsy.

Located by Hikers...

it was a 51 yr old woman, shot in the chest, then burned most of her body and found in a cave area

Not far from this area, Donnie Jones & his Jones Gang are being prosecuted, at least D Jones is, for Megan Sharpton's 2012 murder/body burning

Jones is in prison...but his wife, the gang are still free as I know it

They nicknamed the cave area of McMinnville as Mc Methville for the heavy meth home labs

Here are several links:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclien...,or.r_qf.&fp=f637a8ca8170440&biw=1257&bih=822

Remember too how initially these woods were described as so thick that dogs couldn't get in to follow where Holly may have gone.

You're right...*sigh*

:seeya:....and now we have a path with Holly's dog following. This case was off the rails from day one. LE/Sheriff/pastors..one or more know exactly what happened.

The public has been served a buffet of BS. The only thing keeping the case of interest is sweet Holly and her family. Unfortunately we are not privy to information they have.

Please don't anyone tell me they are keeping this close to the vest. That vest is transparent. It is out of the hands of the local LE and is being monitored by outside agencies. Conclusion: It has been placed in the circular file.

The problem is the story has been parsed out over a two year span with no attempt by anyone to ever really clarify anything, go back over odd details or hazy areas, etc. One tidbit appears here, one there, etc. And what is missing is a lot of what strings it all together in any sort of a coherent fashion

.....and why is that ,one should ask?

In this article, Clint stated he got a loaded gun, walked through the garage, saw the blood and was not alarmed. He thought it was a turkey. ok, so he wasn't alarmed but he had the gun and was supposed to go after Holly. His mother told him to get a gun and "go after them".

A neighbor pulls up and tells him she heard a scream. Ok..this is where everything goes murky and needs to be explained. He is out back, tracking the perp and holly and the dog. What happened after the neighbor shows up? Didn't the neighbor see Clint with a gun and he was in pursuit? She told him there were screams. Why did he even bother talking to her? Why did he not continue on his way? This info should have made him move faster, not stop him. What made him stop and talk to the neighbor. He said he stopped and called 911. Why not tell the neighbor to call and start running after the abductor?

I get the impression the story was given by phone or email. .

Ok, the family is in the clear, we all know that. The way the facts are reported just leaves more questions. This case will not be solved unless some evidence is released and the reporting gets better.

You're right...*sigh*

:seeya:....and now we have a path with Holly's dog following. This case was off the rails from day one. LE/Sheriff/pastors..one or more know exactly what happened.

The public has been served a buffet of BS. The only thing keeping the case of interest is sweet Holly and her family. Unfortunately we are not privy to information they have.

Please don't anyone tell me they are keeping this close to the vest. That vest is transparent. It is out of the hands of the local LE and is being monitored by outside agencies. Conclusion: It has been placed in the circular file.

After a few days I got the impression that local LE was a mix of the Keystone Cops, the Three Stooges and Deliverance. In wayyyyyy over their heads, training, mind set, etc. The detectives on First 48 could have solved this in their sleep. Think of it... a witness, 911 calls, independent witnesses, blood evidence, trails taken, evidence recovered near the crime scene, etc. How could you NOT solve this? Its not like LE got involved the next day... they were there within MINUTES.

This case will not be solved unless some evidence is released and the reporting gets better.

While I think this case was, originally, very easily solvable, I dount that it will be solved now. At least not solved as a stand alone case and solved by any work of local LE. Finding a skeleton randomly in the woods 3 years from now is not a solution.

I think the only way this case will be solved now, by official means, would be if the suspect here is apprehended for some other similar crime and the cases are then linked together. Perhaps the suspect would be like John Gardener who, out of the blue, confessed to the murder of Amber Dubois to avoid getting the death penalty in his murder of Chelsea King.

While I think this case was, originally, very easily solvable, I dount that it will be solved now. At least not solved as a stand alone case and solved by any work of local LE. Finding a skeleton randomly in the woods 3 years from now is not a solution.

I think the only way this case will be solved now, by official means, would be if the suspect here is apprehended for some other similar crime and the cases are then linked together. Perhaps the suspect would be like John Gardener who, out of the blue, confessed to the murder of Amber Dubois to avoid getting the death penalty in his murder of Chelsea King.

If this happens, then I think it will out to have been a stranger on stranger crime, which seems to be the opposite of how LE has treated it, IMO. They have seemed to always allege that the perp was a local, with possible knowledge of Holly or the family. I have often thought of a random stalker, unknown to Holly, but the amount of time she seems to have spent talking with him is confusing.

I always assumed it was a stranger. Stranger being someone that Holly did not know directly but that, somehow knew her. I doubt this was totally random. This guy didn't show up at her back door at 8 30 AM out of the blue. It's someone local or semi local. Perhaps a friend of a friend of a friend etc. Could be someone that works in town that saw Holly. Who knows. People can get a stalker or someone fixated on them pretty easily and quickly.

I can't say that I think LE has treated this case in any particular way since, for the most part, we have no idea what they have done at all (or not done).

I always assumed it was a stranger. Stranger being someone that Holly did not know directly but that, somehow knew her. I doubt this was totally random. This guy didn't show up at her back door at 8 30 AM out of the blue. It's someone local or semi local. Perhaps a friend of a friend of a friend etc. Could be someone that works in town that saw Holly. Who knows. People can get a stalker or someone fixated on them pretty easily and quickly.

I can't say that I think LE has treated this case in any particular way since, for the most part, we have no idea what they have done at all (or not done).

I think I asked this question long ago...so this stranger was basically a stalker or someone obsessed with her. No that she is gone, do you think the perp is now stalking someone else? Or do you think it could be a one time thing?
My guess is that he has stalked people in the past and will stalk in the future- but perhaps not all of his obsessions ends in murder. IDK. I would like to see if there has been reoccurring complaints like this over the years regarding a certain individual.

I think of a stalker as someone who is not particularly anonymous or unknown to the victim. Stalkers usually/often contact the victim or try to. I do not know if there is a precedent for an anonymous, invisible, stalker to abduct and kill someone and no one including the victim really knew about him. If you look at other cases with stalkers they have pestered the victim over time with letters, gifts, showing up at their house or work, etc. Same with jilted exes that become obsessive and stalk. The victims friends and family and the victim know about these people but maybe underestimate their danger.

And when someone is killed by a stalker you hear the friend or family say yeah there is this crazy guy that always sent her letters, showed up at work, etc. In Holly's case no one has pointed out anyone who fits that description.

I think the suspect falls into more of the predator type. Someone who saw Holly, fixated on her, planned on abducting her, etc. but who made no direct contact with Holly prior to that morning.

You're absolutely right about CB. One of the first things I did when reading up on the case was track each and every statement actually made by CB because I saw so much criticism of him. The reality of it is exactly what you say. Each statement contained about 80% of the story and the entire story was never told at one time (and probably still hasn't been). The bottom line was through all of his statements (and the families) there were zero inconsistencies or contradictions.

.....and why is that ,one should ask?

The answer is really quite simple. Part of it has to do with the questions asked and if they are given an opportunity to fully answer. For example, you are NEVER given an opportunity to fully answer on a Nancy Grace type show. The other is that that's just the way we are as humans. I can guarantee you I can walk you through a memorable day in your life (wedding, birth of a child, etc...) and ask you to tell me all about it. I can ask you a week later to tell me all about that same event and you will include details you originally left out and you will leave out details you originally had given.

...So are we to assume that the Bobos haven't taken advantage of the TV media offered is because they can't get their full story out?

...So are we to assume that the Bobos haven't taken advantage of the TV media offered is because they can't get their full story out?

i want to clarify that i didn't mean they haven't had an opportunity, i simply think they're not great at tv interviews. it's easy for us to think "if it were me i'd say x, y, z" but have you ever had to give a speech on stage? i have, and every time the difference between the brave interesting soul who gives an empassioned speech (in my mind) and the guy who just wants it to be over (in real life) is quite vast. again, the reason i suggest this is because i agree that it's frustrating and that we haven't ever gotten the whole story in one spot, but none of the parts of stories we've gotten have disagreed with the other parts (other than words like "dragged", "led", etc that have been put forth by the media).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee