trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. JA came over while Travis had a bunch of friends over. He told her she couldn't stay as there wasn't enough room. So she slept under the Christmas tree.

What's so odd about that?? :floorlaugh:

WTF????? I wish Travis had thought with the 'head on his shoulders' instead of the other one.

My DH says Travis was as sexually mature as a 14yo when he met JA....she schooled him on the fast track to his HS diploma.

I'm thinking he wasn't afraid of her because most of us tend to believe that the people around us are harmless. Not us here at WS but we're in the minority as we know and follow so many of these cases. Most people trust those close to them, even if he was trying to distance himself from her and move on.

He knew was bat chit nuts but I bet he never imagined any harm coming to him.

From a long time friend of Travis'.

Travis came over to our house at least every week, we had family dinners and we would always ask him about, how’s his love life, who’s he dating and recently, at that time, he had decided to leave Jodi and explained that the next day he was going to leave in his car and his tires were slashed,” Dr. Hiatt said on HLN. “And the Sunday after that, he told us about it, and said, ‘Don’t be surprised if one of these Sundays, I don’t show up and you find me dead someplace."

I'm more about self-responsibility.

JA and other manipulative women only control men who give them permission; i.e., only those men who willingly allow themselves to be manipulated from motivations appealing to their own self-interests.

[I'm bound to hear about this now...]

Yeah....you are lol. Part of what you say is true...however it isn't exclusively true. You can be manipulated and not even realize it until a long time later.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hi Tracey, good morning :) I agree with you! And that humor seems to come at just the right time! And the intelligence is amazing! I've learned so much just by reading here at WS.

Hey grammie!! :seeya:

When I was very young (like 4 or 5), I recall loving to sleep under the Christmas tree. I'm sure my thought at the time...I'm a little foggy on the details though ;)...was that's where the presents show up so I might as well hunker down and get comfy.

Sounds very bizarre now that I know psycho b&%$* seemed to have an affinity to that as well. Damn...I think I must now see a shrink!

The difference being you were 4 or 5, not 25! He told her to get lost and she decided to get comfortable instead. Why his friends didn't give her a beatdown I cannot understand. That chick needed to GO.

Good morning all!

I just got caught up on the "new" video released from JA interrogation.

I am quite sure that this new video cannot or will not be used, which is too bad.

For a woman that "claimed" to have some sort of shoulder injury after her body slams, she sure is flexible and nubile enough to stretch all the way backwards in her chair, flop to the floor and do a head stand, and now keep her arms held around her back while flipping her head/hair back.

Yep, she was really in a lot of pain.:facepalm: (sarcasm)

I'm by no means a psych expert but I hope you don't mind my answer. The Dr. only ever gave her the MCMI once with one a subsequent screening for PTSD (there are several, I'm not sure which one he used). No tests to establish malingering were ever conducted. (TOMM's one example,)

From my knowledge of forensic psychology its atypical to only ever conduct one assessment in 3 years of evaluation anyway. Many psychs prefer testing, on average, every six months using the MCMI or MMPI.

Is it possible, legally speaking, that he administered more tests but they did not show Jodi in a favorable light so they have been disregarded? Or is it more likely he had a 'hypothesis' (as he loves to say) what they would show and so refrained from even doing them.

Wow - JA is just all kinds of crazy isn't she. But the one thing that sticks out is how this lunatic can sleep ANYWHERE. floors, cars, on the side of the road, and now under a Christmas tree. Then there's sleeping on Travis's lap while he tells his near death experience with a dozen of people staring at her.

I'm suprised we haven't seen her go to sleep at the defense table yet.

MOO

Mel

She's been too occupied with hiney-hiding files and such. What surprises me is no headstands! :floorlaugh:

So it was a sharp edged knife on one side only. I would think the blade had to be quite a bit longer than 3" for it to completely be able to cut all the way across his throat from ear to ear and was so deep it almost decapitated him. It reminds me of a military knife.......like a K-Bar. 2" wide x 6' long.

imo

On the stand ME said the knife had to be at least 5-6 inches long.

I always imagine a big butcher knife, but I wouldn't be surprised if she brought a big military type knife.

WTF????? I wish Travis had thought with the 'head on his shoulders' instead of the other one.

My DH says Travis was as sexually mature as a 14yo when he met JA....she schooled him on the fast track to his HS diploma.

Like I say in my siggy...

Is it possible, legally speaking, that he administered more tests but they did not show Jodi in a favorable light so they have been disregarded? Or is it more likely he had a 'hypothesis' (as he loves to say) what they would show and so refrained from even doing them.

He would have to disclose if he administered other tests, and I doubt that he did - mostly because he seems rather cheap and not inclined to incur the expense of additional testing.

I don't think the MCMI or MMPI would necessarily be any more or less likely to show PTSD, although I have read that MCMI is more sensitive to picking up personality disorder traits.

I don't think "professional photographer" Jodi knew deleted photos could be retrieved. I think she deleted the photos and threw it in the washer to make sure her DNA was washed off.

Actually I had the same theory. I think she was trying to wash off the DNA then just forgot the camera before she left.

I'm more about self-responsibility.

JA and other manipulative women only control men who give them permission; i.e., only those men who willingly allow themselves to be manipulated from motivations appealing to their own self-interests.

[I'm bound to hear about this now...]

Really? It wouldn't be manipulation would it, if someone allows? Not dismissing your idea just really curious.

Married or not...he still seems desperate.

His wife probably sees through his lies and behavior as well and keeps her distance. Think about that poor woman and how disheveled her home must be with this guy living in it? Probably see him parlay this appearance to a spot on Hoarders.

His licensures and certifications are all quite dated.

He maintains his "Radiotelephone Engineer" licensure status to this day.

Anyone else find it strange that he's Mr. Old School with Big Chief tablets, #2 lead pencils, and no recording devices of any kind?

I bolded this excerpt from his C.V.:

LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Licensed Psychologist, State of New Jersey, 1975, # S 101060
Licensed Psychologist, State of Arizona, 1989, # 3043
Diplomate in Forensic Psychology, ABPS, 1999
Diplomate, American College of Forensic Examiners, 1995
Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Medicine, 1996
Diplomate in Clinical Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology, 1980
Diplomate in Sexology, American Board of Sexology, 1989
Fellow, American Psychological Association, 1986
Fellow, Academy of Clinical Psychology, 1994
Clinical Fellow, Behavior Therapy and Research Society, 1985
Clinical Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Sexology, 1990
Recognized by the National Registrar of Practicing Psychologists, 1976
Certified Sex Therapist, American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors & Therapists, 1976
Licensed Radiotelephone Engineer, 1964-present, FCC, Washington, DC
FCC Licensed Broadcast Engineer and Announcer, 1961-1966

If his 'expert witness' gig prospects dry up after this trial, and he can't get a talking head contract, perhaps he can work in the CNN control room.

I so agree with this. I even think his comments on the phone sex were to "impress" her and he trying to be creative and go along with her lead...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it just shows that even "experts" can be manipulated.

Yes "experts" / mental health folks can be manipulated IF they are grown up enough to know what they are doing and paying attention. If the ego maniacs have become "legends in their own minds" then they are perfect candidates for the taking especially by psychopathic people - whether they are violent or not.

My Own Professional Opinion

anchor just now on HLN "Jodi singing silent night in the interrogation room. Another "WTF" moment". hahaha She literally just said that :floorlaugh:

Wow...sorry to hear about the guy's finger!

And, you're right. This judge seems so nonchalant about time. Judge Perry (CA case) would have said, "Ok, everyone, we've had an accident in the gallery...we will reconvene in Department 9 on the second floor in 15 minutes." Say what you want about the outcome of that case, but Perry made sure that he controlled the courtroom and respected the jurors time. :rocker:

We put it in ice and they took him to the ER and the sewed it right back on...He is back at work but when the numbing wears off I am sure he will be in some serious pain....but he is a young cute guy and I am sure he will get lots of sympathy for his badge of honor~:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member