GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO I think it's legit. I also think the mother is in a state of shock. Having grown up around gangs and crime I could see some teenaged boys who think they are bad***** doing something like this just because they wanted to kill someone. I am surprised they didn't kill the mother too but could see them fleeing as soon as they saw that they killed the baby. Also IMO Her wound could have been from the same bullet that killed her son considering he was in a stroller and she was shot in the leg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Their willingness to submit to that would tell a lot, although I know even that (polygraph) comes with some negatives. But I'm always more willing to believe a parent who is falling all over themselves to submit to a poly over one who isn't. But that's just me.

I predict:There will be another press release soon.:furious:

I kind of believe the mother too and I don't believe very many of these people in these cases.

Wow. Not sure what to think on this one? I don't see someone shooting herself in the leg, shooting the baby in the head, and then hobbling down the street. I also don't see someone walking down a street and fires not only one, but 2 shots where anyone could have possibly witnessed it. If there was anyone around, surely after the first gunshot people would be more alert and looking to see what was going on.

On the other hand...what are 2 teenagers doing walking around in a residential area on a morning when they are supposed to be in school? Maybe they were going to rob a home?

Still unsure. And no offense intended but could that baby boy come from those 2 parents? Seems like the child would be much more ethnic looking??

Wait till we get the angle of the leg wound. Compared to the angle of the shot to the baby.

I would like to know more about their relationship, finances etc

MOO I think it's legit. I also think the mother is in a state of shock. Having grown up around gangs and crime I could see some teenaged boys who think they are bad***** doing something like this just because they wanted to kill someone. I am surprised they didn't kill the mother too but could see them fleeing as soon as they saw that they killed the baby. Also IMO Her wound could have been from the same bullet that killed her son considering he was in a stroller and she was shot in the leg.

Oh boy killing a baby is going to bring a lot of clout to a gang member. I grew up around plenty to, a mixture of rival gangs from all over trying to establish themselves. I think the reason people tell these stories is that there are people who believe them I am just not one of them.

I feel sorry for any African-American child under the age of 15 in that town right now because there's a $10K bounty on their heads.

I am not sure why "every black child" would need to be afraid, Brunswick is a majority black city. Would you say the same about white children in a majority white city?

Attention Please!

Before we get into this case too deeply, just a friendly reminder:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Please keep in mind that this family is going through the most difficult period of their life, the loss of a child. The child's tender age and the senselessness of the act, makes it all that much worse.

The investigation into this unthinkable crime is still within the first 24 hours. It may take LE awhile to investigate and locate the perp(s). But I have faith they will get to the bottom of this. Let's hold our breath until or IF LE tells us something different other than two young people approached this mom as she was walking with her child in a stroller and tried to rob her and fired a gun that killed the toddler and injurred the mom.

In the meantime, bless this family and may Antonio RIP.

TIA for your cooperation
fran

Sorry Fran..... JMO JMO and Bless this little baby he didnt deserve this:(

Wise Old Owl, this is the "first" video I was referring to (I worded that badly, sorry!)

The "second" or "other" video was the one posted by Mysti88c, that was a few under this one.

http://www.fox30jax.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=3989674

(I think Sloane7777 also posted this second one in post #51, above).
Both those links are the same interview now. Maybe they took the earlier one down and now just posting the last interview with that one reporter? IDK.

But in the CNN article - here's what I find 'interesting'.........

"We are aware there is some speculation being circulated throughout the rumor mill," Rhodes said, without specifying what he was referring to. "However, let me assure you -- as I previously indicated -- that we are thoroughly investigating this case and we will not, I repeat, will not leave any stone unturned."

Asked if West herself was a suspect, he said, "We are not at liberty to discuss the intricacies of the investigation, as it could possibly damage it." In so many words - this sounds like there MIGHT be a possibility of mom. BUT LE always has to investigate the parents to be able to rule them out...........

After stating that "there is no clear motive right now," the public information officer was asked about West's account of having been asked for money. "That is what the mother said," Rhodes said. "We as law enforcement, we can't go off of what anyone says. We have to thoroughly investigate this case." This addresses the differing accounts of motive. Even LE ain't sure..........................:waitasec:

Asked whether people in the neighborhood should fear for their safety, he said they should be alert and report any suspicious activity. "But no, they have no reason to live in fear," he added. Interesting statement by LE - no?

"But why my little one?" asked Louis Santiago, the father, in an interview on Thursday with WAWS. "You know, you should have just taken the pocketbook and go." And here we have dad saying there was a "pocketbook" and therefore backing-up a robbery motive.

It also says that LE is checking the attendance rosters of all schools yesterday to see who wasn't in school. However, nowadays - a lot of kids are homeschooled - how do you check those kids? Are they looking at private schools too?

I would think for LE this is kinda simple - the "tell" will be the gunshot to her leg. Not only would she have gs residue on her hands, the trajectory angle, the distance, etc. will hold valuable info. If she shot herself - there is no getting around it and that's that. Plus, shooting your baby in the head and then shooting yourself in the leg (paying close attention to what you're doing so it doesn't "look like" you did it) all the while being outside on the sidewalk, in plain view of nosy neighbors looking out their windows and casual car traffic that might come down the street, mailmen, city workers, meter readers, garbage trucks, cable companies, much less any surveillance cameras that neighbors might have up - that's a big risk to take. Why? Why not just do it inside and stage it to look like a home invasion?

I just don't know here........................LE does, and that one statement above has me scratching my head.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed/?hpt=hp_t2www.eagle

JMHO

Both those links are the same interview now. Maybe they took the earlier one down and now just posting the last interview with that one reporter? IDK.

But in the CNN article - here's what I find 'interesting'.........

"We are aware there is some speculation being circulated throughout the rumor mill," Rhodes said, without specifying what he was referring to. "However, let me assure you -- as I previously indicated -- that we are thoroughly investigating this case and we will not, I repeat, will not leave any stone unturned."

Asked if West herself was a suspect, he said, "We are not at liberty to discuss the intricacies of the investigation, as it could possibly damage it." In so many words - this sounds like there MIGHT be a possibility of mom. BUT LE always has to investigate the parents to be able to rule them out...........

After stating that "there is no clear motive right now," the public information officer was asked about West's account of having been asked for money. "That is what the mother said," Rhodes said. "We as law enforcement, we can't go off of what anyone says. We have to thoroughly investigate this case." This addresses the differing accounts of motive. Even LE ain't sure..........................:waitasec:

Asked whether people in the neighborhood should fear for their safety, he said they should be alert and report any suspicious activity. "But no, they have no reason to live in fear," he added. Interesting statement by LE - no?

"But why my little one?" asked Louis Santiago, the father, in an interview on Thursday with WAWS. "You know, you should have just taken the pocketbook and go." And here we have dad saying there was a "pocketbook" and therefore backing-up a robbery motive.

It also says that LE is checking the attendance rosters of all schools yesterday to see who wasn't in school. However, nowadays - a lot of kids are homeschooled - how do you check those kids? Are they looking at private schools too?

I would think for LE this is kinda simple - the "tell" will be the gunshot to her leg. Not only would she have gs residue on her hands, the trajectory angle, the distance, etc. will hold valuable info. If she shot herself - there is no getting around it and that's that. Plus, shooting your baby in the head and then shooting yourself in the leg (paying close attention to what you're doing so it doesn't "look like" you did it) all the while being outside on the sidewalk, in plain view of nosy neighbors looking out their windows and casual car traffic that might come down the street, mailmen, city workers, meter readers, garbage trucks, cable companies, much less any surveillance cameras that neighbors might have up - that's a big risk to take. Why? Why not just do it inside and stage it to look like a home invasion?

I just don't know here........................LE does, and that one statement above has me scratching my head.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed/?hpt=hp_t2www.eagle

JMHO

Yes, they're the same interview (I should have said that, sorry!), but one seemed (the second one) to have more added to it -- the reporter, and maybe even a little more of the dad, etc.

Oh boy killing a baby is going to bring a lot of clout to a gang member. I grew up around plenty to, a mixture of rival gangs from all over trying to establish themselves. I think the reason people tell these stories is that there are people who believe them I am just not one of them.

Keep in mind that the suspected gunmen are children. We aren't talking about grown men who kill people for gang initiations. I've seen things like this happen in my own neighborhood where I grew up in Florida. They don't care. You could have kids playing in their yard and a car would drive by and spray bullets randomly down the street without any regard to the kids. Also as much as I hate to say it, it could have been racially motivated. The mother appears to be white and although the baby's father is not, the baby looked more Caucasian. I wish I could explain it better. Just remember this is just my opinion.

Even if she would have tossed the gun she couldn't have gotten far with it because people heard the shots. People usually are nosy enough to go see what happened. (I would :) ). Seems LE would have found the gun. The time frame is so short. Think thats why I find the story believable.

I reserved judgement until I saw the video. Not a tear from mom, nothing, even when describing when her baby died. I'm sorry, but she did not look sincere. The "father" looked more devastated, with real tears. I do have questions about him, though. He looked quite a bit older then the mother and, I'm sorry, not to be out of line, but father? Really? I don't see it. The bluest eyes? My kids dad is half Hispanic and I have blue eyes and my kids don't look a bit like me. I know it's possible, but really?
I would want to know where on her leg she was shot and the angle. Would it have been possible for her to have shot herself? If so, what did she do with the gun?

Even if she would have tossed the gun she couldn't have gotten far with it because people heard the shots. People usually are nosy enough to go see what happened. (I would :) ). Seems LE would have found the gun. The time frame is so short. Think thats why I find the story believable.

Yeah I don't see how the mom could have shot the baby. People heard gunshots so there had to be a gun and the police would have found it if she had the weapon.

Also in her interview she said they shot at her head and the bullet grazed her ear, she didn't really feel it and thought the gun wasn't real until the shot her in the leg and then it hurt.

If this were staged why the shot grazing her ear? That would seem pretty darn dangerous.

Keep in mind that the suspected gunmen are children. spray bullets randomly down the street without any regard to the kids.

But this was not a baby getting hit by crossfire, he was the intended target. I have jumped over many a sofa and out of windows, dodging bullets in my youth, only to be right back in the mix the very next week. I remember when gang members went into the Pizzashack in MPLS and shot a police in the back just for recognition and they were kids, happened about 12 blocks from me.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/200209/25_hughesa_haaf/

ETA, the Pizzashack was like a donut shop, it was in South MPLS and cops would normally eat there often.

CNN just did a little segment about this. Something new - mom is adamant that there was an eye witness. Someone saw this. Neighbor? Work man? IDK - but if it was a neighbor, and mom at least "knew of" the neighbor (name, etc.) then why would she (mom) say a neighbor witnessed it? If course, LE is going to go talk to said neighbor.......so why lie?

Wish LE would confirm or deny if there was, at least, even one eye witness?

And keep in mind that LE will not tip their hand. Even if they think its a couple of kids, LE will still let public rumor fly about it being the mom - maybe hope the kids will "let their guard down". Or vice-versa by looking for the kids - releasing descriptions, etc.

LE has said that other neighbors don't need to be alarmed. That's a little telling......do they (LE) at least know who the suspect(s) are?

JMHO

JMHO

I reserved judgement until I saw the video. Not a tear from mom, nothing, even when describing when her baby died. I'm sorry, but she did not look sincere. The "father" looked more devastated, with real tears.

Yeah but keep in mind she had already told the story probably multiple times that day to police and grief comes in waves. It is quite possible she was "cried out" at that moment with the reporter.

It IS odd that she asked the reporter in for an interview, I could understand it better if she was seething mad and wanted those killers caught NOW but she tried to be all PC and didn't seem angry.

I do have questions about him, though. He looked quite a bit older then the mother and, I'm sorry, not to be out of line, but father? Really? I don't see it. The bluest eyes? My kids dad is half Hispanic and I have blue eyes and my kids don't look a bit like me. I know it's possible, but really?

Yeah I wondered about that too, the dad does not look like the baby's father but then again if one parent has blue eyes and the other carries recessive genes for blue eyes it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305