GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they have concrete proof, and this wasn't a rush to judgment type of arrest. :twocents:

Her first son didn't die yesterday, a week ago, or a year ago. He died 20 years ago.

I thought it was 2008 and am pretty sure on this. 20 years ago the Internet, Al Gore and Myspace did not exist.

I'm waiting to see if there are any news updates in the next few hours. People in the area have posted there may be suspects in custody ages 10 and 15yrs old. It's not official so we will have to see. I hope so, I really don't think the mother had anything to do with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LE did say at presser they were arrest this morning. 1-17 yo and 1-14 yo.

Keep listening to people in the area an fill us in.

Thanks.

I watched this video of her interview.
She is reminding me of Susan Smith.
Looking down as she discribes the incident. Crying without tears. Has make-up on (I'd be lucky to get out of bed much less apply make-up). Had an 18 year old son murdered at some point in New Jersey. Say's she suspect's the female who was a neighbor that had the 18 year old murdered or did it herself (I don't remember) put the young boy's up to killing her 13 month old.
Not buying it. Too Susan Smith'y for me.

Wow, just wow. When I am wrong I am really wrong. My sincerest apologies for suspecting this family. God bless them and God bless baby Antonio.

Wow. Ok - so they got 2. That one comment about the helicopters overhead last night in that Section 8 housing led me to think LE was on top of things.

This poor poor woman. How horrible. I hope she gets the support and help she is going to need to get through this. Sounds like she had a hard time (and still is) getting through her first son's death.

I couldn't get the presser - my 'puter kept closing the window. If anyone finds it recorded - please post the link. Thankx!!!!

Prayers for this mom and her family. RIP little one.

JMHO

Her deceased son was one of a group of attackers who attacked a single person. He wasn't trying to save a female in need as mom stated.

Respectfully snipped

I got the impression that she was saying her older murdered son was basically dishing out some neighborhood justice, I think that's what she meant when she said he was trying to save a female in need. I got the impression he and his friends were going after someone who had wronged a female friend of theirs.

I just saw this on HLN and came straight here to see if others shared the same right-off-the-bat feeling as I do--something is hinky for sure. Her body language is WAY off. Too much looking down.

As someone said above, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I think the mom had a definite role in her child's death.

Just saw this for the first time on HLN and got the same hinky feeling after watching the mother on the video. The crying did not look real, voice was crying way more than her expression and eyes. I can't help but think about Susan Smith. Maybe I'm jaded after all these years following this type of crime, but I'll be eating crow right along with you if I'm wrong.

ETA: I should have finished reading before posting.

Now that arrests have been made, I will say:

http://www.fox30jax.com/content/top...of-Brunswick-baby/DasIB_XG-kyvFsygDbxyvA.cspx

This woman did come across like Susan Smith.
I still didn't think she was involved, but her demeanor did make me pause.

Unfortunately for some innocent people, they might come across like Susan Smith.
People with a previous trauma, in shock, or with something like Asperger's might come across that way.

Many, many people compared Ed Smart to Susan Smith when Elizabeth disappeared. Everyone is different.
There is something to be said about how the person acts... but there is also so many other things to look at.

I try REALLY hard not to judge based on demeanor alone. Because we don't know what all went into how they act.

Now when someone lies to cops, covers up for someone, hides evidence, etc that is different. :twocents:

Why were these boys arrested? Did mom identify them from police photos?

It was a pretty common opinion on this board, on other boards, comments in news articles, etc that the mom was not telling the truth. Her behavior did not seem normal. Pensfan was hardly the only person who thought the mom was responsible for the baby's death. It's a tragic event.

Nope, I'm also one who gave my first impression on the mother and doubted her story. I suspected she was not telling the truth.

ARRESTS have been made? Wow. just wow. What cold blooded monsters these perps are.

How could young kids like that shoot a defenseless, innocent baby in the head??????

This society SUCKS. We need to get a handle on this viciousness. I know people hate me saying this, but I think that violent video games and slasher films are helping to create a society of psychos. JMO

p.s.

My son played lots of questionable video games. I am not saying we should outlaw them. But kids need balance. JMO

I suspect these two were probably not in school that day.
I suspect they were probably known to be together a lot.
It's possible the older one was one of the two that Mom sort of identified in the police photos.

It's even possible that the younger one admitted what happened, but doesn't know where the weapon is.
They won't tell us anything right now... but those are my guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member