GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were these boys arrested? Did mom identify them from police photos?

The cops went to the local schools and looked for kids who were missing from school that morning and they found two that fit the description and I think they found the gun, but I am not sure about that part.

I haven't heard LE state the parents have been named or ruled out as persons of interest. They are still investigating the motive. Hmmmm.

The cops went to the local schools and looked for kids who were missing from school that morning and they found two that fit the description and I think they found the gun, but I am not sure about that part.

In the presser, they said the gun was not found.

Soo sooo sad, I can honestly say if this was my second child lost like this to violence and I had no other children they might as well bury me with the baby!

Well, I'm glad that I was apparently wrong, and this mom had nothing to do with her baby's death.

To me it's somehow worse this way... I think I somehow usually even hope it's the parents... It's terrible to think of parents being able to hurt their children but a random street crime is more terrifying because it could happen to anyone, no matter how good parents they are. The children lose their lives tragically either way but if it's the parents I don't have to mourn their loss, just the child. If it's a stranger there are desperate bereaved parents who could not do anything to prevent their child's death, and also the killer's family has to deal with a horrible tragedy as well once he is arrested.

So sad for little Antonio, Mom and Dad.

And this should be a lesson to all truly innocent parents of murdered and missing children.

Don't do any interviews unless its with LE.

RIP sweet one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it's somehow worse this way... I think I somehow usually even hope it's the parents... It's terrible to think of parents being able to hurt their children but a random street crime is more terrifying because it could happen to anyone, no matter how good parents they are. The children lose their lives tragically either way but if it's the parents I don't have to mourn their loss, just the child. If it's a stranger there are desperate bereaved parents who could not do anything to prevent their child's death, and also the killer's family has to deal with a horrible tragedy as well once he is arrested.

Not only that, but in the cases where the parents are involved, we can continue under the illusion that no ill could befall our child. We could not kill a child therefore, our child is safe. When it's someone unknown to the child, then it becomes far more real that it could happen to ANY child. Humans tend to like control over chaos.

Respectfully snipped

I got the impression that she was saying her older murdered son was basically dishing out some neighborhood justice, I think that's what she meant when she said he was trying to save a female in need. I got the impression he and his friends were going after someone who had wronged a female friend of theirs.
Here's more info:

Glassey was killed with a steak knife in March 2008 during an attack involving several other teens on a dark street corner in Gloucester County, N.J., according to news reports from the time.

"He and some other boys were going to ambush a kid," Bernie Weisenfeld, a spokesman for the Gloucester County prosecutor's office, told the AP Friday.
Glassey was armed with a knife, but the 17-year-old target of the attack was able to get the knife away from him "and Glassey ended up on the wrong end of the knife," Weisenfeld recalled.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/2...ed-in-stroller/?test=latestnews#ixzz2OIrDk4hW

Now that arrests have been made, I will say:

http://www.fox30jax.com/content/top...of-Brunswick-baby/DasIB_XG-kyvFsygDbxyvA.cspx

This woman did come across like Susan Smith.
I still didn't think she was involved, but her demeanor did make me pause.

Unfortunately for some innocent people, they might come across like Susan Smith.
People with a previous trauma, in shock, or with something like Asperger's might come across that way.

Many, many people compared Ed Smart to Susan Smith when Elizabeth disappeared. Everyone is different.
There is something to be said about how the person acts... but there is also so many other things to look at.

I try REALLY hard not to judge based on demeanor alone. Because we don't know what all went into how they act.

Now when someone lies to cops, covers up for someone, hides evidence, etc that is different. :twocents:

I would come across cold in the event of almost any tragedy. I think my brain just shuts down and I take care of business until I can deal with it on my own. I was raised to believe that emotions are private and to always be stoic in public. It stuck with me, I guess.

What a tragedy for this baby and the loved ones. My heart goes out to all affected.

I keep seeing it referred to as "that morning" this just happens THIS morning, right? Why is it being said that way?

This is an ongoing investigation.. Arrests have been made but there are plenty of unanswered questions. Although a minor is in custody, that shouldn't prevent LE from making a statement as to whether or not the parents have been ruled out as persons of interest. I'm not speculating either way, I'm just saying I don't think this is the ''end of the story''. Don't stop sleuthing just yet!

Apparently many here are/were uncomfortable with it. Maybe they should just drop the charges and forget about the whole thing so everyone can feel comfortable again.

we are uncomfortable because, it seems to always be what someone who covers up a crime says.....remember Susan Smith

I will still always wonder WHY she did not give them her purse???

When you are a sudden victim in a crime, sometimes you just don't have time to think. I remember when I was mugged from behind, it took me I don't know how long to process what was going on. I kept thinking a friend a mine was joking around and I after I turned and was looking at the 's face I was thinking "who is this? Why is he joking with me? What is going on?"

Here's more info:

Glassey was killed with a steak knife in March 2008 during an attack involving several other teens on a dark street corner in Gloucester County, N.J., according to news reports from the time.

"He and some other boys were going to ambush a kid," Bernie Weisenfeld, a spokesman for the Gloucester County prosecutor's office, told the AP Friday.
Glassey was armed with a knife, but the 17-year-old target of the attack was able to get the knife away from him "and Glassey ended up on the wrong end of the knife," Weisenfeld recalled.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/2...ed-in-stroller/?test=latestnews#ixzz2OIrDk4hW

Pensfan, I read what happened. It's not inconsistent with the impression of what I thought the mother was saying. It sounded like she was saying he ambushed the kid who had wronged his friend somehow. To his mother, he died defending a woman. To LE, he jumped a guy and ended up dead. These ideas could BOTH be true.

Pensfan, I read what happened. It's not inconsistent with the impression of what I thought the mother was saying. It sounded like she was saying he ambushed the kid who had wronged his friend somehow. To his mother, he died defending a woman. To LE, he jumped a guy and ended up dead. These ideas could BOTH be true.
I wasn't arguing with you. While googling, I found more info. and was sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member