GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it means we should all be intimidated and impressed by his little friends because they're way tough gang bangers .. it's pure corner boy talk but doesn't mean he actually was one.

Hmm. I don't know about that.

Personally, I'm pretty intimidated by anyone who could shoot a 13 month old in the face.

What a horrible case. I had to visit here again to see if I was the only one that thought the stories didn't make sense. I watched the uncut interview with Sherry West that Yoda posted. Very interesting.... Ms. West talks about "hiding" in her house, living in fear from her role in having a crack head neighbor evicted and also involving her first son's death. There seems to be more to the story....
My deepest condolences to Antonio's family.

I watched it too and I'm not sure what to think...one one hand I think I understand this mom. I've lost a child...he was 26...and I promised myself that I would never let myself feel that kind of pain again, no matter what. I'm not sure how I would react if I had to walk through that "valley of death" again with one of my other children. People would probably find me at bit off because I just know I would not go to that horrible place again. I think a part of me that feels that deeply just died...it doesn't work anymore. I know that might sound strange but it was a pain that is absolutely indescribable and barely survivable...I know I'll never allow myself to feel that again. Maybe that's where this mom is right now with her emotions...numb.
I pray peace and strength for her...she needs a lot of love.

Eating my rather LARGE portion of crow right now. And praying for this family. What a senseless tragedy.

The perps are going to face some rather substantial 'justice' from their fellow inmates. Protection or not.

I watched it too and I'm not sure what to think...one one hand I think I understand this mom. I've lost a child...he was 26...and I promised myself that I would never let myself feel that kind of pain again, no matter what. I'm not sure how I would react if I had to walk through that "valley of death" again with one of my other children. People would probably find me at bit off because I just know I would not go to that horrible place again. I think a part of me that feels that deeply just died...it doesn't work anymore. I know that might sound strange but it was a pain that is absolutely indescribable and barely survivable...I know I'll never allow myself to feel that again. Maybe that's where this mom is right now with her emotions...numb.

(((((((((momtective)))))))))))) I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you suffered as a result. I can't even imagine...........

my guess, tough talk, music lyrics or maybe some shooting incident. If you can you tell when it was posted you could google to see if any violent crimes happened in the area around that time.

It was in the "About" section of his profile, and not a post.

BLO5K... Is curious

blood and $

5th village
5th street, 5th house???

Looking at some other things he posted, he is consistently using the number 5 in place of the S. Either he is doing it deliberately for some strange reason, or the S key is broken.

:(

I'm truly sorry.

Quite the battle brewing on Demarquise Elkins facebook page. I'm thinking it will be taken down soon.

Here are the social media rules, everybody:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I think it will be shut down over on DE's FB page too, very soon. Wow, I hate that every case involving an AA perp has to come down to that. Why does tragedy have to bring out the absolute worst in some people? The stupidity they are arguing over there is ridiculous from both sides of the hate.

I am curious what evidence LE has. It sounds as if LE had the kid in custody and mom then ID'd him from a photo lineup (do I have that right?). That leads me to think they found at least some kind of damning evidence prior to having probably cause to arrest the boys. I sure would like to know what it is.

Hopefully it is some good hard physical evidence.

tl - I'm thinking either the little one is talking or they have someone else - maybe someone that was in the place they went to overheard them or even talked with them about what happened. Maybe the little one told someone on the sly.

When the mom said that the little one didn't say or do much - kinda "hid" behind the big one - that right there. The 14 yr old didn't know what he was getting into and when he did - it was too late.

But that's JMHO.

I think it will be shut down over on DE's FB page too, very soon. Wow, I hate that every case involving an AA perp has to come down to that. Why does tragedy have to bring out the absolute worst in some people? The stupidity they are arguing over there is ridiculous from both sides of the hate.

I am curious what evidence LE has. It sounds as if LE had the kid in custody and mom then ID'd him from a photo lineup (do I have that right?). That leads me to think they found at least some kind of damning evidence prior to having probably cause to arrest the boys. I sure would like to know what it is.

Hopefully it is some good hard physical evidence.

That's exactly the same thing that happened in the Charles Stuart case I mentioned upthread. Stuart murdered his wife, shot himself, and then picked a random black guy to identify.

17 and 14. It just kills me.

I just hate to see young men who I must believe started with just as much potential as anyone else, and this is where they went with it.

Not saying I am sympathetic towards the shooter. I don't want him shown any mercy. If ever there is a threat to society it is THAT unusual person. But he was probably supposed to b e someone far different and look who he opted to be.

I will never wrap my head around it. Ever.

and now that off my chest. Can we get our little guy's name added to the title cause I have spent all the time I am going to spend discussing the perps tonight. I think I want to know more about our victim and see some of Antonio's photos posted.

adorable little blue eyed baby boy :(

That's exactly the same thing that happened in the Charles Stuart case I mentioned upthread. Stuart murdered his wife, shot himself, and then picked a random black guy to identify.

I follow you. I hope they didn't just pick up every black kid in the neighborhood who missed school that day and show her pictures of them all.

I follow you. I hope they didn't just pick up every black kid in the neighborhood who missed school that day and show her pictures of them all.
One article suggested that De'marquise was not enrolled in school at all. (I'll try to locate it.)

My deepest condolences to Antonio's family.

How can a mother live through the death of one teenage child, let alone a second child, just a toddler?

17 and 14. It just kills me.

I just hate to see young men who I must believe started with just as much potential as anyone else, and this is where they went with it.

Not saying I am sympathetic towards the shooter. I don't want him shown any mercy. If ever there is a threat to society it is THAT unusual person. But he was probably supposed to b e someone far different and look who he opted to be.

I will never wrap my head around it. Ever.

and now that off my chest. Can we get our little guy's name added to the title cause I have spent all the time I am going to spend discussing the perps tonight. I think I want to know more about our victim and see some of Antonio's photos posted.

adorable little blue eyed baby boy :(

Great idea tlcya :)

Mods, could you please change the title of this thread by adding Antonio's name and removing the 'mom said....' part?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the article which MIGHT show that De'Marquise was not enrolled in school:

She said that her brother had been living in Atlanta, and only returned to Brunswick a few months ago. Typically, he would come by her house in the morning and they'd go to breakfast. But yesterday morning, police came to her door.
Her brother was walking down the sidewalk and saw the officers at her door but came over anyway, Sabrina Elkins said.
"The police came pointing a Taser at him, telling him to get on the ground," she recalled by phone. "He said, 'What are you getting me for? Can you tell me what I did?'"
Sabrina Elkins said, "I am devastated and I keep saying, 'There ain't no way (this is) possible.'"
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=9037407

From The same article that pens fan posted above
""I feel glad that justice will be served," West said. "It's not something I'm going to live with very well. I'm just glad they caught him."

West said detectives showed her photographs of about 24 young men. She pointed to one, saying he looked like the gunman.

"After I picked him, they said they had him in custody," West said. "It looked just like him. So I think we got our man."

West said she thought the other suspect looked much younger: "That little boy did not look 14."

She doesn't come across confident in her IDing the perp. But to her defense,I have a terrible mind for faces, I wouldn't be able to remember anything. I don't like the fact that she remembered the second perp as looking much younger. I hope they got the correct boys. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck