long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the point being discussed was whether or not Jodi was the worst killer in recent memory.

BTW, I vote no. The Sanyhook shooter alone is worse. JMO

Especially when we do have years of planning there(proven BYRD) and not grasping at Starbucks straws and gas tanks

Premeditation is first degree. Lack of premeditation is second degree. Lack of premeditation PLUS sudden quarrel/heat of passion is manslaughter. :)

Re BBM
Is this really true in all cases that someone would only get manslaughter ?

I just cant imagine that someone could just get mad at their partner and kill them and only get manslaughter.

Maybe you were just providing a general approach to the charges or something.

If I had a magic button that I could push, I would swap Jodi for Casey every day of the week. Not that I want either out!

I, too, would not fear Jodi in the slightest.

Casey will end up back inside .. just give her time IMO.

Well, if she's a sociopath, which I suspect she is, this story would not surprise. They don't care about life, human or animal. I have serious doubt that the good samaritan, cat lover Jodi version is the real version. The cat sounded like he was fine before she came along. Why even get a cat sitter if you're going to neglect it? Something hinky with the version you heard...

MOO!

What do you think about JA's aff-ect during the trial?

uh, yeah? Isn't the hypothesis that she wanted to be Mrs. Travis Alexander at all costs because he was so successful and amazing and when she was sure that wouldn't come to her she retaliated? Chortle if you will, but she's right when she says she didn't leave behind a trail of dead boyfriends -- "successful" or otherwise. There was something special about Travis, for sure.

Actually, I don't really know how much Travis himself had to do with it at all. I think more than anything it all boils down to JA's mental and emotional state of mind. It's all about JA. After all, she is the one who committed the crime, she is the one who took a very large knife and stabbed and sliced Travis to death, almost decapitated him, dragged him into the shower then shot him in the head. I think she had come to that point in her life, that her personality disorders had reached their apex. Just as with Manson, Bundy, etc. Think about it, she was at that age where these disorders are known to really "blossom". So maybe Travis just happened to be in her life at the wrong time.

This is another thing that's making my head spin on these threads. This is a relatively standard intimate partner crime. None of the details are particularly shocking or unusual except that we've seen pics of private parts because they're the best evidence of presence at the crime scene and the religious aspect. Mormons doing un-Mormanlike things always makes the news here (see the bestiality couple I posted previously). Yeah, there were a bunch of stabs wounds. Compare it to the other case that Juan prosecuted with the rape and killing of a teen girl and the torture of her little brother in the presence of her restrained parents. THAT is sick. Manson's followers committed their crimes on complete strangers. They cut the fetus out of the stomach of a 9 month pregnant woman. Dahmer drilled holes into his victim's brain while he was alive and poured chemicals in there to see what would happen.

Jodi Arias isn't even slightly the worst criminal who's walked the face of the earth. Not even close. If she were to be out of prison tomorrow, I wouldn't worry myself about her in the slightest. jm

First off, Manson's people did not cut Sharon Tate's fetus out. They just stabbed her.

I don't know why you're making it a tit for tat. Why does one murder have to be worse than another? Sure there are some things that can make it more evil, like with a child or a dying man, but murder is murder is murder. It's been a weird day. People have been saying today that, yeah, what she did was bad, but it wasn't as bad as this guy! And quite frankly it has disgusted me. You should be worried about Jodi walking the streets again; she's a sociopath.

If he was smitten wouldn't he have almost obsessed over her paper work to make sure there were no mistakes? I'm just saying it won't surprise me if it comes out after the trial, he sabotaged her case.

Sometimes folks say "photos or it isn't true!" But we know...I lost my little guy "Patton" as y'all know after 14 years...The little general !!!

:eek:fftopic: I lost a salt and pepper 4 years ago, never completely over that. He was my baby, so believe me, I know how he was your baby. My new one is a light in my life. So it helps. Schnauzers are just so amazing.

:eek:fftopic: I lost a salt and pepper 4 years ago, never completely over that. He was my baby, so believe me, I know how he was your baby. My new one is a light in my life. So it helps. Schnauzers are just so amazing.

OMG - Patton was a salt and pepper. Thank you - We need to stay on focus though.

We need justice for Travis

If he was smitten wouldn't he have almost obsessed over her paper work to make sure there were no mistakes? I'm just saying it won't surprise me if it comes out after the trial, he sabotaged her case.

I think he is just dishonest and incompetent. He didn't expect to be asked for his raw data. After all he had given them a "packet" with everything he thought they would need. <sarcasm>

So then he scrambled to make something up.

I sure havent heard of any recent cases where a victim was stabbed 29 times. That falls into a not so normal run of the mill murder to me.

While I certainly acknowledge there have been--and still are--far more depraved murderers, I'm going to pull my chair right up next to Detective Flores' chair. He sits in the courtroom almost every day, if not every day, and I believe he and Mr. Martinez take Travis Alexander's murder very seriously, and are working hard to achieve justice for him.

To me, Travis' death is no less tragic than that of the young Asian boy who excaped, naked, mid-torture from Jeffrey Dahmer's grasp, babbling incoherently, only to be returned to Dahmer's home by two policemen who Dahmer convinced the boy was just his drunk lover having a lover's quarrel. He ended up cut in pieces. Of course I can see how "there are much worse out there" arguments will resonate with many and OJ Simpson would be just another run-of-the-mill DV case. Put him back on the streets. But then he did threaten to do bodily harm to other girlfriends.

I've got a less enlightened view: Lock up the murderers, and sometimes even throw away the key.

Can y'all believe I am watching HLN repeat at 2:17 in the morning talking to you? There is something wrong with this...

Thank you so very much katiecoolady!:blowkiss: I trust and always look forward to your point of view! :seeya:

You must be thanking me for my suggestion that Steely play Jodi in our parody video, right? ;) :seeya:

To Travis Alexander and his family, Jodi Arias is the worst murderer that ever walked the face of the Earth.

In my experience as the sister of a murder victim, typically we aren't sitting around with each other comparing which murder is worse. We are just bonding in the fact that it's as horrible as it could be for each and every one of us. But that's the view from the inside, fwiw.

Whenever they take long breaks during trial, I'm always left wondering if she is going to just plea guilty to avoid the death penalty. Isn't it that a jury must do that sentencing and not a judge?

I am watching it too!! Can you believe it? A FOG. Wonder if that is where JA got it from this movie. jmo

So I'm obviously pages and pages behind in this thread, but I've seen this movie. Not going to lie, when I saw the movie I pretty much though "what an *advertiser censored**, what goes around, comes around." Not that harsh, but you know what I mean. However, after following this case, I can honestly say that I feel guilty for automatically thinking that! I'm sick to my stomach thinking about the two cases.

This is another thing that's making my head spin on these threads. This is a relatively standard intimate partner crime. None of the details are particularly shocking or unusual except that we've seen pics of private parts because they're the best evidence of presence at the crime scene and the religious aspect. Mormons doing un-Mormanlike things always makes the news here (see the bestiality couple I posted previously). Yeah, there were a bunch of stabs wounds. Compare it to the other case that Juan prosecuted with the rape and killing of a teen girl and the torture of her little brother in the presence of her restrained parents. THAT is sick. Manson's followers committed their crimes on complete strangers. They cut the fetus out of the stomach of a 9 month pregnant woman. Dahmer drilled holes into his victim's brain while he was alive and poured chemicals in there to see what would happen.

Jodi Arias isn't even slightly the worst criminal who's walked the face of the earth. Not even close. If she were to be out of prison tomorrow, I wouldn't worry myself about her in the slightest. jm
Good thing I wrote "JMO" then.
JA traveled everywhere and met many men. It is naive of anyone to think she's not capable of killing again.
I don't give a flying fug about her "private parts" but If you'd like to see the pic of his gaping neck wound I can post a link.
The cases you mentioned were sick and JA's case is heinous and as I've mentioned before, would you be so willing to downplay her actions if it were someone you loved?
Dahmer was a sick individual.
Jodi knew what she was doing.

Again, JMO

You must be thanking me for my suggestion that Steely play Jodi in our parody video, right? ;) :seeya:

1243780524_ass-bite.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member