GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon where the boys picked up? Was it the same day? If so, they tested their hands for gunshot residue. And if not, maybe the search warrants issued will yield clothing that can determine who shot Antonio.

Mother seems to have no doubt that an older boy shot Antonio.

The two of the are not married and never were married. If he wasn't a bio-dad, he would be nobody to the child. So who else can he possibly be but the bio-dad?

I was just answering the poster's question. That's all.

I wasn't implying anything else at all.

Thank you for that. Being the mother of a criminal. I struggle every day with grief, nature vs nurture, etc. I finally get to a place where I know it's not my fault and the someone will blame me. No Win.

You're most welcome. There but for the grace of God go (went) I. Seriously.

Ms. West seems to have very dominant genes. I believe Mr. Santiago is indeed Antonio's natural father. Both of Ms. West's sons resembled one another and her greatly IMO.

ETA I have apparently very passive genes, in that all my children have greatly physically resembled their fathers and share very little resemblance to myself.

Are you sure your the mother. :floorlaugh:

I believe the announcement of the teens arrest came the day after the shooting. Now I am curious as to how much time passed between shooting and arrest.

Thanks GypsyRose, good question. Depending on when they were caught and what they were wearing, GSR is more possible evidence, either on the shooter or his clothing.

off to investigate links about the arrest and seek out some links regarding GSR

Right, I know that - but it would be great if there was more supporting hard evidence that can be shown in a court of law. I believe the mother, and I believe she knows exactly which boy shot Antonio. But if this case goes to trial - the jury would appreciate hard evidence as well as Ms. West's word. It makes the case stronger.

Though, interestingly enough, LE is still trying to determine who the shooter is (between the two boys).

It should really help if they can retrieve the murder weapon. They did find a gun at one of the three places searched with search warrant, but it was a large rifle, not a smaller caliber hand gun.

Right, I know that - but it would be great if there was more supporting hard evidence that can be shown in a court of law. I believe the mother, and I believe she knows exactly which boy shot Antonio. But if this case goes to trial - the jury would appreciate hard evidence as well as Ms. West's word. It makes the case stronger.

Lets hope the younger one sings like a canary. If he hasn't shot anyone and he is a juvenile, they could make a deal with him.

2door73chevy, Don't worry about it, you are not the first to pose that question or note the lack of resemblance to dad in this thread.

I am soooo not knowledgeable about how that all works but in life have noted that some kids just really resemble one parent to the exclusion of the other.

OT I am sorry, every time I try to type your username I try to make your chevy a 74, lol. I have idea why.

I believe the announcement of the teens arrest came the day after the shooting. Now I am curious as to how much time passed between shooting and arrest.

About 24 hours, roughly. They (police) were at the house where his sister made breakfast for him Friday morning. The crime occurred at about 9 AM Thursday morning.

Lets hope the younger one sings like a canary. If he hasn't shot anyone and he is a juvenile, they could make a deal with him.

It's a great thought...but I'm seeing two strikes against it (from the 14-yr. old's and his parents' perspective). His singing like a canary would likely still not reduce his time in juvenile detention; also, if they're related (which I don't know), there's even less of an inclination to (from his standpoint).

It's a great thought...but I'm seeing two strikes against it (from the 14-yr. old's and his parents' perspective). His singing like a canary would likely still not reduce his time in juvenile detention; also, if they're related (which I don't know), there's even less of an inclination to (from his standpoint).

But at 14 they could try him as an adult.

This short video was probably posted already, but I've just seen it. It's beyond heartbreaking. Such a beautiful looking neighborhood- a place where, in my dreams, I'd love to live. But if I were Antonio's parents, I don't think I could live there, or pass by that corner ever again.

Apparently the baby's dad needs people to sit and talk with him. He doesn't want to be alone. I'm glad to see that his neighbors are ready to support him in any way they can. I just wanted to jump into the video and put my arms around this broken man.

I don't know exactly why, but this video has left me with tears running down my face. :( How can anyone do this? What has become of humanity?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2248694902001

I find it interesting that Obley says that DE had the gun, yet police say they aren't certain who did the shooting.

He may have had the gun, but they don't have evidence of him shooting it. Maybe right now, they only have mom's testimony that the older boy was the shooter?

But at 14 they could try him as an adult.

I was wondering about that. Could they? Could they try him as an adult at 14?

I'd like to know more about this kid. I already know the 17 year old is a bad seed from what Ms. West said (he is the shooter), and most likely the 14 year old is as well. I know he was with the 17 year old, but did Ms. West say much about the 14 year old? Was he an aggressor? Was he verbal or physical during the assault and killing?

If my post sounds sympathetic towards the 14 year old - it is NOT. I just want to know more about his part in all this.

I was wondering about that. Could they? Could they try him as an adult at 14?

I'd like to know more about this kid. I already know the 17 year old is a bad seed from what Ms. West said (he is the shooter), and most likely the 14 year old is as well. I know he was with the 17 year old, but did Ms. West say much about the 14 year old? Was he an aggressor? Was he verbal or physical during the assault and killing?

If my post sounds sympathetic towards the 14 year old - it is NOT. I just want to know more about his part in all this.

I believe she said the 14 year old just kinda stood behind the 17 year old. From what I've read, he was not very verbal and wasn't physical during the assault and murder at all.

Just from what I am remembering.

2door73chevy, Don't worry about it, you are not the first to pose that question or note the lack of resemblance to dad in this thread.

I am soooo not knowledgeable about how that all works but in life have noted that some kids just really resemble one parent to the exclusion of the other.

OT I am sorry, every time I try to type your username I try to make your chevy a 74, lol. I have idea why.

Thanks Tlcya :) I did not want to offend anyone and my question did not have anything to do with the case.

Off-topic...We bought that car the day I joined WS and the guy we got it from said if anyone ask what it is tell them it's a 2 door chevy..lol so I just used it as screen name, I'm a dork .

I was under the impression that they couldn't.

Learn something new everyday! Here's a chart showing how the minimum age changes from state to state:

Screenshot2013-03-24at41449PM_zpsfd9c7d3b.png

Thanks Tlcya :) I did not want to offend anyone and my question did not have anything to do with the case.

Off-topic...We bought that car the day I joined WS and the guy we got it from said if anyone ask what it is tell them it's a 2 door chevy..lol so I just used it as screen name, I'm a dork .

Love your screen name!

O/T but I'm a bigger dork. My screen name came about because that was the song blasting from my stereo and I identified with it at the time. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member