GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other pictures of Antonio besides the one in the red shirt? He was such a beautiful baby, I'd love to see more pictures of him but have only seen the one.

I saw a picture of him standing in his crib, but that's the only other one I've seen. He was indeed a beautiful baby boy. He had the sweetest eyes and smile. I would love to see more photos of him also.

This short video was probably posted already, but I've just seen it. It's beyond heartbreaking. Such a beautiful looking neighborhood- a place where, in my dreams, I'd love to live. But if I were Antonio's parents, I don't think I could live there, or pass by that corner ever again.

Apparently the baby's dad needs people to sit and talk with him. He doesn't want to be alone. I'm glad to see that his neighbors are ready to support him in any way they can. I just wanted to jump into the video and put my arms around this broken man.

I don't know exactly why, but this video has left me with tears running down my face. :( How can anyone do this? What has become of humanity?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2248694902001

This was so hard to watch. :( I was surprised to hear LE hadn't talked to the dad yet, too. Hopefully that means they are really busy with leads.

We no longer execute juvenile offenders. They can be tried as adults but not sentenced as adults- re death penalty.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roper_v._Simmons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed on one of the earlier posted links that it looks like the U.S., along with a handful of Middle Eastern countries and some countries in Africa were the only countries that ever put juveniles to death. Kinda shocked me.

That's is for ALL suspects. As in the norm. But I do believe there are exceptions.

All suspects 17 and above are tried as adults. But some younger are.

Am I making sense?

Yup. :)

There's mandatory age for trying as adults, there's a minimum age allowable, and there's even a "can't ever try as adults below this age" in some states (though that sounds redundant to me).

Sounds like he or she shouldn't have been anybody's science teacher.

Yes, and not only for the bad science. Can you imagine how that blue-eyed daughter felt turning that over in her head (until broaching it with mom and dad)...

Looks like sister has had a bit of a hard life so far herself .. imagine losing two brothers to violence? There are issues here though, it's very sad. I hope they all get some good support in the months that follow, but I have the overwhelming impression that they wont.

There is another aunt who drove him somewhere about 2 hours after this happen. Said he was acting strange, hovered down in seat, she ask him if he even had anything to do with killing the baby. She said he got out of car and she seen something in his pants, she knew was a gun.

She called LE, and now is getting death threats.

That's interesting. Where can I read about this other aunt who drove him somewhere?

Don't think this refers to the tip by the aunt, in that this is called an anonymous tip, and refers to someone seeing a car leave the scene:

...The tip to the Glynn County Police detectives was that someone had seen a vehicle leave the vicinity of the shooting with an individual crouched in the back, Brunswick Police Department spokesman Officer Todd Rhodes said in a release.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ys-slaying-brunswick-police-say#ixzz2OV5eiFfG

Darling baby! Really strikingly adorable! I just want to pick him up and hold him he's so cute. Such a sad case.

Hey...speaking of eyes! The sister has beautiful eyes, too. Does she have one blue and one brown eye? I watched the video twice and couldn't tell.

I was about to post the same thing! She does have two different color eyes. That is so cool.

Lonetraveler, the link to the article about the Aunt of the 14 year old who called LE was describing the actions of 17 yr old DE, who she gave a ride to. Her 14 year old nephew and 17 year old DE were in her car. DE is the one who was hunkered down, not the nephew to this woman. It is linked within the last 5 pages of this thread and several posts of mine specifically contain her quotes to the press about what prompted her to contact LE.

HTH

Don't think this refers to the tip by the aunt, in that this is called an anonymous tip, and refers to someone seeing a car leave the scene:

From your link:

After spending hours on that and other leads to ensure the information was credible, investigators established the name and location of the 14-old-suspect and took him into custody, the release said.
Investigators analyzed statements made by the 14-year-old and those made earlier by West to identify, locate and arrest De'Marquise Kareem Elkins, Rhodes' release said.

I think that answers our question as to if the 14 year old is talking.
He is.

That could have been aunt of the 14 year old driving him -she says he layed in a back seat when she picked him up. She says she called it in, so maybe more than one tip came in.

great link, thanks PIM!

The tip to the Glynn County Police detectives was that someone had seen a vehicle leave the vicinity of the shooting with an individual crouched in the back, Brunswick Police Department spokesman Officer Todd Rhodes said in a release.

After spending hours on that and other leads to ensure the information was credible, investigators established the name and location of the 14-old-suspect and took him into custody, the release said.

Investigators analyzed statements made by the 14-year-old and those made earlier by West to identify, locate and arrest De'Marquise Kareem Elkins, Rhodes' release said.

Both suspects are being held on murder charges.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ys-slaying-brunswick-police-say#ixzz2OV8KGopp

I think this portion may refer to the Aunt of the 14 year old and the information she was able to provide helped them in IDing her nephew and through him DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend